What would you do?

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
If you were lucky enough to win the Lottery and suddenly found yourself 5 million dollars richer (after taxes), what would you do?

Would you help out friends and relatives? Donate to charity? Donate to church? Buy a fancy new car or house? Travel? How would the new found wealth change your life?

Quote: Would you help out friends and relatives? Donate to charity?
Donate to church? Buy a fancy new car or house? Travel?
How would the new found wealth change your life?

A guy in my Homeroom of my Graduating 1968 High School Class
won $10 Million in Texas Lottery.
He picked up his check the day before
he came to our 35th reunion in 2003.
That cheap bastard could have paid $25,000 for our 40th reunion.
Because that's what I would have done.
I guess no one in that class wanted to do the work necessary for a reunion.
And he could have hired someone to do all that work.
And so we had No 40th reunion.

I have an outstanding Deal with GOD
to give Half the money to Charity.
I don't think he even gave any money to his family members.

I've already in my life paid for dinner for about 13 people.

I'm a GOOD guy obviously He really wasn't.

Baltimore Bob

Well, it it was ONLY 5 million, I'd pay off mine and my girlfriends debts, have a wonderful wedding, buy some climbing gear and some sea kayaks, a Subaru Outback, a used Toyota Tacoma with a camper top, and give the rest to charity.

Put it all in a a few safe bets out in the market; muni-bonds, blue-chip bonds; invest in some solid dividend companies like Intel, Apple... Collect away and never work again!

ObviouSly with my returns I'd give to charity as I paid off more and more of my debt, my family's debt, and my closest friend's debt. Yet I'd never give it all away - that's just wasteful.

If you were lucky enough to win the Lottery and suddenly found yourself 5 million dollars richer (after taxes), what would you do?

Would you help out friends and relatives? Donate to charity? Donate to church? Buy a fancy new car or house? Travel? How would the new found wealth change your life?

Move to Montana and buy a ranch.

JBeukema - I'll bite... Just how in the world can you bring politics into something as generic as to what you would do if you won the lottery? I think you're really reaching here...

JBeukema - I'll bite... Just how in the world can you bring politics into something as generic as to what you would do if you won the lottery? I think you're really reaching here...

What? If he wins the lottery and buys the ranch, I just want to know if I can, how do you say, drop a few 'friends' off behind the barn...

I love to fantasize about winning the lottery...which is ludicrous since I NEVER gamble....

But I've given it lots of thought.

#1 - I'd take the whole family, their spouses and children and the children's spouses and their children on a cruise.

#2 - I'd write out checks for each family member to be presented on the cruise....$25,000 each. That would be.....$450,000 in checks.

#3 - I'd buy a ranch and go broke over the next 20 years running it, then sell it to some poor slob who just won the lottery.

What? If he wins the lottery and buys the ranch, I just want to know if I can, how do you say, drop a few 'friends' off behind the barn...

With 25,000 acres, they won't have to be anywhere near the barn. Take them up in the mountains and feed them to the mountain lions, bears, coyotes and wolves. They need to eat too ya know.

Forum List

Back