What would YOU do?

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
A woman orders a huge alcoholic beverage.
You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.
In fact it's her birthday.
You can see that she's pregnant.
She specifically asks for "light alcohol" because she's pregnant and she just wants to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Do you grant her request and tell the bartender to go light on the alcohol or do you tell the bartender to make it "virgin: for the sake of the baby?

:confused:

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.
She specifically asks for "light alcohol" because she's pregnant and she just wants to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Do you grant her request and tell the bartender to go light on the alcohol or do you tell the bartender to make it "virgin: for the sake of the baby?

Are you her mother?

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

Define huge.

It's actually none of your business if she is pregnant or not. If she is 21 and orders alcohol she is within the law. Minding your own business is what you should be most concerned with.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

Are you her mother?
That's my point.
This actually happened on my day off.
My co-manager made the call to make it virgin.
I disagree with her decision.
It's not like she was out to get sloppy drunk.
She still paid full price, but didn't get what she paid for.

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

Define huge.

You know those really large frozen drinks served in some restaurants.....
;)

Now I'm thirsty.:D

img-2590.jpg

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

Are you her mother?

That would depend on the local laws. If Bartenders can be held accountable for drunk drivers then I can foresee some places making them responsible under these circumstances. Failing that, if the law is mute on the subject, it is a business establishment in the business to sell alcohol to people of the appropriate age. The Bartender has no business moralizing for his potential customers.

I'm not a doctor. She asked to go light on the alcohol, so what is the issue again?

Is there some kind of bartender hippocratic oath to swear by? Some places they are not to serve to severely intoxicated people, but it seems that does not apply here.

Will be interesting to see if there are more incidents like this where abortions are illegal -

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

Give her her drink exactly as she ordered it, even if she ordered it full strength. Otherwise you would be scamming her.
It's her choice if she wants to drink or not.

You check her ID.
Sh'e 21.

give her what she ordered. when i was a bartender, i found that worked best unless the customer was underaged or already overserved.

New Topics

Forum List

Back