What would you do?

Interesting replies - everybody. I own a good number of firearms so I am pro-gun. Just wondering what the attitude of the peeps was. Again, thanks.

I'm pro gun. But I don't support the need to own an automatic weapon. There's only two reasons you'd want to own one: 1) You want to feel what it's like to rip an entire magazine in a couple of seconds. I can sympathise with that. But go to a gun club. 2) You want to instill fear or be prepared to confront someone with superior fire power. Usually the authorities.

I also don't support amassing a large cache of weapons. The sort of people that do this are usually unnecessarily paranoid survivalists/conspiracy theorists in Idaho who believe that the government are out to get them. Collecting small arms to defend themselves against the government is futile. If the government were indeed out to destroy them, they'd just dispatch a couple of F15's to bomb the shit out of them. A couple of hundred hunting rifles aren't even going to come close to taking-out a supersonic attack jet.

I also strongly oppose the ridiculous legislation allowing private citizens to go about in public with a concealed handgun. I can understand wanting to have a shotgun kept in a secure cabinet in your bedroom to defend your family and property against intruders, but carrying a pistol in public 'just in case', is a recipe for disaster.

But, although I'm married to an American, I don't live in America. So I understand that my views aren't immediately relevant.

Last edited:
I don't own any firearms, nor plan to. But if it were made illegal to own one? I'd be preparing for another civil war anyway. Those who do not live by the sword can still die by one. And while most people are rational, there are some real freaks out there.

Interesting replies - everybody. I own a good number of firearms so I am pro-gun. Just wondering what the attitude of the peeps was. Again, thanks.

I'm pro gun. But I don't support the need to own an automatic weapon. There's only two reasons you'd want to own one: 1) You want to feel what it's like to rip an entire magazine in a couple of seconds. I can sympathise with that. But go to a gun club. 2) You want to instill fear or be prepared to confront someone with superior fire power. Usually the authorities.

I also don't support amassing a large cache of weapons. The sort of people that do this are usually unnecessarily paranoid survivalists/conspiracy theorists in Idaho who believe that the government are out to get them. Collecting small arms to defend themselves against the government is futile. If the government were indeed out to destroy them, they'd just dispatch a couple of F15's to bomb the shit out of them. A couple of hundred hunting rifles aren't even going to come close to taking-out a supersonic attack jet.

I also strongly oppose the ridiculous legislation allowing private citizens to go about in public with a concealed handgun. I can understand wanting to have a shotgun kept in a secure cabinet in your bedroom to defend your family and property against intruders, but carrying a pistol in public 'just in case', is a recipe for disaster.

But, although I'm married to an American, I don't live in America. So I understand that my views aren't immediately relevant.

I also strongly oppose the ridiculous legislation allowing private citizens to go about in public with a concealed handgun.

Fortunately for us it's had the exact opposite reaction. Everywhere open and or concealed carry laws have been enacted crime rates have dropped radically. The numbers of crimes committed by those with CC permits is almost unmeasurable because it's so low.

Self-loading firearms are banned by law in the UK. Some see that as a good thing, I say it's insanity.

Do you want to know what happened when the UK banned self-loading firearms? Gun crime escalated to a level we'd never thought possible.

But, that said, the US does have a rather bizarre attitude to firearms. You don't need an M16 to hunt Deer. As I've said before on this subject: automatic weapons should remain in the custody of the military, law enforcement and the security services i.e the C.I.A; not available to civilians on the open market.

all yall created our attitude.....

I'd buy big black boots and a Harley, wear a do-rag and get my ears pierced, get lots of tattoos, and become an obsessive "Call of Duty" enthusiast.

There's plenty we could still do to make ourselves feel tough!

Forum List

Back