What would you do?

What would you do, if you had the money? I mean to help others, not the buy a new car and pay your bills things, but what you would do after that.

Teach people to fish.

Cool. My friend took her daycare kids to one of those fishing spots for kids. The littlest one caught the biggest fish. It must've been 20 pounds and all the men were around her, helping her, teaching her to play with the fish saying "She lands this, and she's gonna be a fisherman for life!". You should see the picture. That fish was as big as she is, and that's without hanging it on a string, :lol:. Must've been the biggest one in the pond.

Okay, now I'm gonna be greedy. If any of you win the lottery, $25,000 a year would pay for a full-time live in caregiver for my son Andrew. Please?

I promise you Shelia, as Gunny and CW as my witness, that I would do that for you, someone I've never met, if I won the lottery.

Serious.

I will dream about that, but I won't hold you to it. It's easy to make promises, not as easy to fulfill them. Still, it's a great thought. Ah, freedom.....

What would you do, if you had the money? I mean to help others, not the buy a new car and pay your bills things, but what you would do after that.

Teach people to fish.

Cool. My friend took her daycare kids to one of those fishing spots for kids. The littlest one caught the biggest fish. It must've been 20 pounds and all the men were around her, helping her, teaching her to play with the fish saying "She lands this, and she's gonna be a fisherman for life!". You should see the picture. That fish was as big as she is, and that's without hanging it on a string, :lol:. Must've been the biggest one in the pond.

I actually was speaking more figuratively than literally.

"Give a man a fish, and he eats for a night: Teach a man to fish, and he eats forever."

Here I sit, at the church, giving out lunches to the homeless. I keep thinking about how if I had the money, I'd do more. One man came in and the sun is just killing him, I wish we could hand out sunscreen. I'd love to have the money to put together a summer kit and a winter kit that we could hand out to the homeless. I'd love to be able to give out bus tickets.

I'd like to be able to give out more food when they've eaten our lunches and are still hungry.

If I won the lottery, I'd like to work the cash register at a grocery store for 5 minutes, and when it comes time to pay just say, "No, it's on me.".

If I had a lot of money, I would buy a huge new home and donate my current home to charity.

Forum List

Back