What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery Jackpot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 007, Dec 8, 2019.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,094
    I'm not a constant player because the odds are so horrible, but the fact remains, you can't win if you don't play, and someone is going to win, and even though the odds are so bad, you're odds of winning are the same as everyone else's.

The Mega Millions is up to $314M, and that's usually when I get interested and play. So, question is, what would you do if you won that much money?

For me, I think the smartest thing to do as far as family is concerned is give them a one time lump sum to pay off whatever, and then set up a trust fund for them so whatever else you decided to give them would at least earn interest.

Far as myself, I'd immediately go full bore looking into ways to make money with money. I wouldn't just sit back and do nothing thinking I was going to live off it for the rest of my life. I'd want that money to last in my family forever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,252
    I'd keep $5-$10 million, give some money to my mother and brother so they never have to worry again, and give the rest away. That would be a blast.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. aaronleland

aaronleland Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,131
    Do so much cocaine my heart explodes.

Man, I want to win the lottery...

4. Confounding

Confounding Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,471
    I'd buy a giant piece of land, put a handful of modest houses on it with bad ass internet, build a wall, hire some guards and finish the rest of my life. I'd do a lot of traveling. All of my family and favorite people are welcome to stay in the houses.

5. Oddball

Oddball Unobtanium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +43,558
    Fast women and slow horses....The rest I'd probably just waste.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,894
    I’d build a nice indoor swimming pool and donate it to the town I live in so I’d have a place to swim in winter.

I would set up education funds for all my grandchildren so they can have a chance at making a good life for themselves.

I would buy myself a nice little house by the lake, to live out the rest of my retirement.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,700
    I always thought if I won such a large amount, I'd set up a system that would provide for others in a 'year-round Christmas' idea to help them out......but I wouldn't stand on the street corner throwing cash for all to grab.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,894
    I like the idea of paying off Christmas layaways. These are people who are really working hard, saving a few dollars each week and making an effort for Christmas.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,796

Charities........medical research on cancer, burn victims, spinal cord injuries, deafness and blindness.....homeless charities......maybe finding a group that helps the homeless fix their lives......

Big donations to the 2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America as well as to local gun rights groups.....

Family would be a problem because you want to help and protect them but you don't want the kids being destroyed by the money.......

Oh.....and Lingerie Models who would compete to be the next trophy wife........

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,700
    That is true, though I was thinking more along the lines of people that have faced some type of disaster (loss of home, devastating accident or illness, victim of a crime or other serious financial loss or impact) and help get them set up...….with the provision of them paying it back, as they are able, in order to keep that 'fund' going to provide for others.
    Depending on the circumstances, there will be some that won't be able to, and for others that could.

• Winner Winner x 1