What would you do if someone destroyed your home?

What would you do if someone destroyed your home?

Kill them. Seriously. They had no right to be in my home or on my property in the first place and I would defend it in every way, even if that means breaking out Tim's dagger and medieval sword collection.

I worked too hard to even buy this house from my grandparents when they retired and have put a lot of work into the house to make it daycare ready, and would go postal on whomever decided to take that away from me (or even try).

Was it intentional? Accident? Was my home collateral damage in a war?

It all depends. If it were intentional I would say they better give their heart to God cause their ass is now mine.

An accident..........make sure that whatever conditions led up to the accident were investigated and mitigated so it doesn't happen again.

If it were collateral damage in a war I would have to assess the situation at that time to determine what my options are.

Why do you ask? Did you lose your home.

Was it intentional? Accident? Was my home collateral damage in a war?

It all depends. If it were intentional I would say they better give their heart to God cause their ass is now mine.

An accident..........make sure that whatever conditions led up to the accident were investigated and mitigated so it doesn't happen again.

If it were collateral damage in a war I would have to assess the situation at that time to determine what my options are.

Why do you ask? Did you lose your home.

Good questions, KP. :clap:

Kill them. Seriously. They had no right to be in my home or on my property in the first place and I would defend it in every way, even if that means breaking out Tim's dagger and medieval sword collection.

I worked too hard to even buy this house from my grandparents when they retired and have put a lot of work into the house to make it daycare ready, and would go postal on whomever decided to take that away from me (or even try).
You would kill over destruction of material things?

I would more than likely fight the person/persons responsible, especially if I caught them in the act, but I would never kill anyone over it.

I can't be certain, but my guess it would have to do with moral equivalency and Iraq or Lebanon...

It makes a big difference to me. If I were living right next to the place where somebody was hiding cruise missiles or rockets and somebody inadvertantly destroyed my home my reaction would be entirely different than if they came and burned it down in malice with forethought.

One I would react negatively toward the action as they may do it to others, the other I would rebuild and choose my neighbors more wisely.

You would kill over destruction of material things?

A house IS a material thing. My husband and I have worked our asses off for everything we have-With the exception of things that were received as gifts for birthdays/wedding/holidays, etc. There are several items of sentimental value that are irreplaceable even if they have no dollar value.

It is our home for most likely the rest of our lives and we will defend it as we see fit. Don't like it? Then don't set foot here intending harm or damage-or you'll find yourself damaged.

Well originally I wasn't thinking about Iraq or Lebanon, though I think I'll add it to consideration. I'm merely thinking about the New Orleans home policy set to come into effect tomorrow. If you don't register your home or business with the city and haven't made any effort to repair or gut the building, then the city is going to do the job for you to prevent mold growth and stop gangs and illegals from using abandoned properties as bases and probably make way for there plan to turn some neighborhood back to nature as flood protection. The problem is that a lot of people haven't been able to come back to the city and city hall hasn't exactly done the best job in the world of advertizing the new policy, so it looks like a lot of people are going to come back and find there homes destoyed.

Well originally I wasn't thinking about Iraq or Lebanon, though I think I'll add it to consideration. I'm merely thinking about the New Orleans home policy set to come into effect tomorrow. If you don't register your home or business with the city and haven't made any effort to repair or gut the building, then the city is going to do the job for you to prevent mold growth and stop gangs and illegals from using abandoned properties as bases and probably make way for there plan to turn some neighborhood back to nature as flood protection. The problem is that a lot of people haven't been able to come back to the city and city hall hasn't exactly done the best job in the world of advertizing the new policy, so it looks like a lot of people are going to come back and find there homes destoyed.

This does make sense. I would however need notification so I would have plenty of time to register my address to protect my interest. Many people have also simply abandoned their interest there.

What would I do if it happened without notification and without due process? I'd take them to court in a nice lawsuit. There is certain steps to immenent domain that should be followed.

no1tovote4 said:
This does make sense. I would however need notification so I would have plenty of time to register my address to protect my interest. Many people have also simply abandoned their interest there.

What would I do if it happened without notification and without due process? I'd take them to court in a nice lawsuit. There is certain steps to immenent domain that should be followed.
Yea, there have already been a couple of attempted lawsuits. Technically, the city has followed all the proper bylaws. However, the laws don't account for what are obviously special circumstances. They're following the letter of the law but not the spirit. Plus the Federal government is supporting the decision so they seem to be trying to outspend any challengers.

Then again, I do think it needs to be done. There are a lot of areas in and around the city where people just plain should not be living, and this is the only way get those areas cleaned out. If the city tried to do things honorably, too many people would come back and refuse to leave. Then again the city is completely screwing over a lot of people. They're not only going to lose there homes, but I doubt the government is going to compensate them properly for seizing their property.

A house IS a material thing. My husband and I have worked our asses off for everything we have-With the exception of things that were received as gifts for birthdays/wedding/holidays, etc. There are several items of sentimental value that are irreplaceable even if they have no dollar value.

It is our home for most likely the rest of our lives and we will defend it as we see fit. Don't like it? Then don't set foot here intending harm or damage-or you'll find yourself damaged.
I didn't say I wouldn't damage someone trying to fuck with my shit. Just not sure I'd kill them.

Forum List

Back