What Would You Do About Fatties?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
If you were in power?

1. Nothing. It's their business.

2. Tax them for every pound over 20 pounds over normal weight. Their fatness isn't just a personal issue because it shifts costs to the rest of us through health insurance, etc.

3. Fine them. Their repulsiveness isn't a mere matter of choice, it pollutes the aesthetics of the community.

4. Force them to lose weight. Sparta kicked ass for a reason. America needs to shape up for its coming battles.

why would someone need to do anything? I don't care if fat people are fat.

I would say "do nothing". This is their choice. Besides who decides what is "normal weight". I see and know of a few people who are supposedly overweight yet can move pretty fast and kick some serious ass. These people dont have any medical conditions that I know of so there isnt any "extra cost" to taxpayers and they have their own medical insurance.

Then there is the aesthetics issue...Some people just look better with some extra meat on them bones. Actually I prefer to look at a football player than say a sickly/skinny computer nerd.

And as far as Sparta goes...If and when the end of the world comes. Those with extra meat will die last of starvation. They have further to go before they shrivel up.

America today would kick Sparta's ass because overweight, computer literate nerds are designing advanced weapons systems. Give Xerxes a single platoon with Metal Storm weapons, and 300 Spartans are gone in less than 300 seconds.

Who needs to block out the sun with arrows when you have Apache helicopters?

If you were in power?

1. Nothing. It's their business.

2. Tax them for every pound over 20 pounds over normal weight. Their fatness isn't just a personal issue because it shifts costs to the rest of us through health insurance, etc.

3. Fine them. Their repulsiveness isn't a mere matter of choice, it pollutes the aesthetics of the community.

4. Force them to lose weight. Sparta kicked ass for a reason. America needs to shape up for its coming battles.

I'd ask them to pigpile on William Joyce.

...If and when the end of the world comes. Those with extra meat will die last of starvation. They have further to go before they shrivel up.

Unless the skinny people become cannibals.

to be clear, I certainly wouldn't add obesity to our list of status discrimination protection.

Gotta go with #1 - do nothing.

Fat people have it tough enough. They have bigger grocery bills, are less attractive (by most people's standards, anyway), smell worse, have less energy... and even if that's not true for all individuals, those are prejudices society will form. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but it definitely ruins my day when I board a plane and get seated next to a fatty - sure to make my flight less comfortable.

There's plenty of incentive for overweight folks to get in better shape - being fat is already tough enough! I don't think we need to penalize them further.

Unless, of course, universal health care becomes reality. Then I'd definitely hike up taxes on everything that could potentially hurt one's health - junk food, alcohol, cigarettes.

Personally, I'd prefer to have my freedoms and live with the consequences of my choices.

Personally, I'd prefer to have my freedoms and live with the consequences of my choices.

Of course, but what if you knew that because of health insurance, taxes or the socialized medicine to come, YOU WERE PAYING DEARLY for others' 'freedom' to be fat?

Of course, but what if you knew that because of health insurance, taxes or the socialized medicine to come, YOU WERE PAYING DEARLY for others' 'freedom' to be fat?

Recent studies are showing that being over weight has much less of an effect on heath than lack of exercise.

Once again, you are setting up straw men. She did not say that, and only a bitter psychotic would infer that she did.

Sure thing retard. You should have one of your staff read things for you on this board so you do not look the fool all the time.

It really is a simple concept. The thrad is about poor health and forcing others to pay for it. Now I personally disagree with the premise that the Government has any right to tell anyone how to live their life, what to eat and when to exercise, but responding to the fat issue with a comment that exercise is the problem fails completely to address the actual question.

Something a Lawyer should know.

yap, yap, yap, . . .
Your belief that she strayed from the topic does not excuse you for putting words in her mouth.

If you had a good mind, you would do what I do - set out your points and debate them. Your conduct is that of a thug and a bully. You think you win just because people don't want to deal with your repugnant behavior.

If this is the only thing you guys have to fight about, I'd say the well is about dry.

It's nobody's business how fat other people are, and if you're staying up nights worrying about what "you" should be doing, you really need to get a hobby. One that doesn't involve you meddling in other people's business.

Also, fatties frequently do quite well as soldiers. An army marches on it's stomach, remember....

Your belief that she strayed from the topic does not excuse you for putting words in her mouth.

If you had a good mind, you would do what I do - set out your points and debate them. Your conduct is that of a thug and a bully. You think you win just because people don't want to deal with your repugnant behavior.

You do not debate anything. You can not even understand what people are writing about, as proven time and again on this board. Then your standard tactic is to quote someone and delete everything they said and put ignorant crap in place of it.

I truly feel sorry for your clients and any Judge that has to put up with your stupid ass in Court.

Forum List

Back