What would you ask the leaders of your OWN party?

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Obviously, everyone will attack the OTHER party or answer with stupid prattle like "I want to hear how you'll stop the OTHER guys from ruining the party!"

But what would you demand from your OWN party. A couple examples:
At Obama: How do you justify continuing the Patriot Act and worse, signing NDAA without a veto or even a peep?

At Romney: Why is your idea of lowering corporate and personal tax rates, and deregulating the banks, going to produce a different result than was produced under the Bush Administration?

So what would you ask the leaders of your OWN party?

Why ask any of them anything? All politicians are in the business of telling you what they think you want to hear, besides, I already know the honest answer they would never give to any question I could conceivably ask any of them: "Because my major donors told me to".

I would ask my party to openly and vociferously affirm that Barack Obama was born in the USA. Instead of striving to keep a lock on the birther vote, show some goddam honor and integrity and get even more votes.

I would ask my party to drop the asshole-ish Voter ID drive. Honor and integrity will get more votes.

I would ask my party to endorse gay marriage receiving the equal protection of the laws. Again, honor and integrity. And the original ideals of the Republican Party.

I would ask my party to pursue those on Wall Street who committed fraud and put them in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for life. If they need any names of fraudsters, I would ask my party to pick up a goddam newspaper and read it once in a while.

I would ask my party to stop making the playing field for honest businesses more unlevel. Stop adding special interest tax break amendments to every piece of legislation that floats by.

I would ask my party to put out an actual health care reform plan beyond "repeal ObamaCare". Show us you have more intellectual bandwidth than a bumper sticker.

I would ask my party to endorse the repeal of the CFMA and the FSMA. Send the message that Wall Street is no longer going to be a rigged bucket shop. Investors are rapidly losing confidence. Capitalism is taking major hits.

I would ask my party to stop stomping on the Fourth Amendment.

I would ask my party to repeal the Patriot Act.

I would ask my party to do what Bush wanted and let his tax cuts expire.

I would ask my party to stop being a bunch of fucking hypocrites and to start working hard to restore their honor and integrity, because both are completely shot.

I would ask my party to start offering up solutions instead of spending all its time explaining why they WON'T do something.

I would ask my party to endorse the legalization of marijuana.

I can go on all day.

Last edited:
I would ask members of my political affiliation, HOW they plan to respond to the low levels of lies about them, by members of the opposition who will do anything to win, that goes beyond the degree of honor and beneath the rules of honesty, that can be verified.

Statements such as this one: Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

He "said" she "said."

When you are dealing with politicians without honor or integrity, who will lie on the Senate floor or anywhere else, and with deliberation, verbalize fraudulent accusations, without any evidence of authenticity, in order to desperately get votes; how sir or madam, can you combat this level of corruption?

We can't seem to get the DOJ to turn over missing documents from Fast and Furious.

How do we combat corruption in politics?

I would ask members of my political affiliation, HOW they plan to respond to the low levels of lies about them, by members of the opposition who will do anything to win, that goes beyond the degree of honor and beneath the rules of honesty, that can be verified.

Statements such as this one: Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

He "said" she "said."

When you are dealing with politicians without honor or integrity, who will lie on the Senate floor or anywhere else, and with deliberation, verbalize fraudulent accusations, without any evidence of authenticity, in order to desperately get votes; how sir or madam, can you combat this level of corruption?

We can't seem to get the DOJ to turn over missing documents from Fast and Furious.

Expose the very same people for thier foibles without fear. Make THEM sweat for a change.

He "said" she "said."

Expose the very same people for thier foibles without fear. Make THEM sweat for a change.

I like that, but then the enemy wins, as their tactic keeps politicians on the unimportant issues, rather than the economy and jobs thus covering up the miserable failure of their own policies.

Obviously, everyone will attack the OTHER party or answer with stupid prattle like "I want to hear how you'll stop the OTHER guys from ruining the party!"

But what would you demand from your OWN party. A couple examples:
At Obama: How do you justify continuing the Patriot Act and worse, signing NDAA without a veto or even a peep?

At Romney: Why is your idea of lowering corporate and personal tax rates, and deregulating the banks, going to produce a different result than was produced under the Bush Administration?

So what would you ask the leaders of your OWN party?
I would ask him if he was issued a set of nuts when he was born.

Forum List

Back