What would we (USA) gain with an Obama presidency?

You mean Toyota's healthcare is paid for by the Canadian taxpayer. I bet they love it.

The Canadians pay about 10% of their GDP for healthcare and cover everyone. We pay 16% of our GDP and leave 47 million uncovered until they have to go to the emergency room. Our system is set up to make money for the drug companies, the insurance companies, the liability lawyers, and the doctors.

Wrong. Our businesses are losing competitiveness around the world because they are competing with businesses in other countries that have universal healthcare. Toyota recently located a plant in Canada because healthcare cost there are paid by the government, not the employer.

Other countries do a lot of things better than we do, but because of some bizarre misplaced nationalism, Republicans can't see this.

LOL you claim I am wrong, and then site something totally unrelated to what I said.

The fact remains, right now our government only bears the cost of Medicare, and Medicaid. Under your wonderful system the government would bear the cost of Much more of our health care, and that would have to be paid for somehow. Either that or Deficits would increase.

Oh and it is a fallacy to say that the costs in Canada are paid by the government and not the employer. The employer, and employees both pay higher taxes to pay for the government health care system.

nothing is free there super brain. With a universal health care system everyone pays for it in the form of taxes, have you bothered to look at the tax rates in Europe or Canada? or do you just choose to focus on the cost savings?

LOL you claim I am wrong, and then site something totally unrelated to what I said.

The fact remains, right now our government only bears the cost of Medicare, and Medicaid. Under your wonderful system the government would bear the cost of Much more of our health care, and that would have to be paid for somehow. Either that or Deficits would increase.

Oh and it is a fallacy to say that the costs in Canada are paid by the government and not the employer. The employer, and employees both pay higher taxes to pay for the government health care system.

nothing is free there super brain. With a universal health care system everyone pays for it in the form of taxes, have you bothered to look at the tax rates in Europe or Canada? or do you just choose to focus on the cost savings?

We already have universal healthcare. An incredibly expensive and useless version of it.

I have posted many times the link about tax rates in Canada, but you chose to ignore it.

A single payer system is more efficient, that is why every other Western democracy uses it. It is also one of the reasons that America is falling behind in the world.

We already have universal healthcare. An incredibly expensive and useless version of it.

I have posted many times the link about tax rates in Canada, but you chose to ignore it.

A single payer system is more efficient, that is why every other Western democracy uses it. It is also one of the reasons that America is falling behind in the world.

in canada you have to work to get healthcare. lets say we incorporate canada's ways of healthcare(since you are big on canada). so the people who don't work, don't get healthcare, and still get treated on my dollar(if so, whats the difference in what we have now?)? or the people who don't work, don't have healthcare get denied help at the front door of the e.r.?

Last edited:
What would we (USA) gain with an Obama presidency?

Something slightly (but importantly) different than the fucking we've been getting from Bush and his Republican enablers.

Competent government, maybe, even!

Forum List

Back