What would we (USA) gain with an Obama presidency?

Not sure what your point is here and why your quoting me. I haven't said anything to smear Obama. The only smearing going on around here is from you.

You know independents and pissed off Republicans aren't looking for a "far left" liberal. And since he isn't one, I can only assume you are trying to plant a negative seed with your comments. Just like they said it about Clinton. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is left of center. Well I have news for you. You are not the center or the majority. You are right of center. Obama is the center. Or maybe a little left.

But again, labeling lefty and righty is a joke. You are bringing me down by using Rove 101 on me. I'm done talking about this unless I see you make the claim again.

It's like Steve Doocy calling Barack, Barrack Hussain Obama.

Actually what you are doing is worse, because he isn't a far left liberal.

Hussain is actually his middle name.

But in either case, we know what you are trying to do.

You know independents and pissed off Republicans aren't looking for a "far left" liberal. And since he isn't one, I can only assume you are trying to plant a negative seed with your comments. Just like they said it about Clinton. Everyone that doesn't agree with you is left of center. Well I have news for you. You are not the center or the majority. You are right of center. Obama is the center. Or maybe a little left.

Voting record.. history....

He's about as far left of center as you can get with current politicians

You are just a partisan leftist hack who is blinded and refuses to accept reality

If you want federal healthcare, then look for a position within the federal government and submit a resume. You think its so wonderful to work for the federal government, sign up. I believe the reason their healthcare benefits are supplemented more than some other employers (some employers pay out more than the federal government) is because the pay is generally less in the federal sector. Of course you will say that Congress is payed so well they shouldn't be supplemented, well then you have a problem with their pay rates.

Cherry picking articles to suit your argument is not very tough and doesn't give your position any more merit. You should be looking at the big picture and reviewing both sides of the aisle before making a judgement. By you always taking only one side, it makes you look like a robot.

So you won't admit you were wrong when you said, "Federal employees including McCain, Clinton, and Obama receive health care coverage just like any other employer with healthcare benefits."?

Federal Employees don't get these benefits. Just the polticians.

There is no reason we can't all have the same healthcare they get. Now lets get into the real reasons why you don't want us to all have it.

I work for a great corporation. People all over the country are complaining that our healthcare is getting worse and our costs are going up.

And if Union workers' pensions are why Ford and GM can't compete, maybe giving Senators a pension and healthcare for life is why the government is going broke too. Oh is that just a drop in the bucket for the federal government? If you haven't notice, we have a lot of drops going into our bucket.

Now you aren't coming off as an expert. Now you are saying, "i believe". Yesterday you're posts sounded more matter of fact. What happened?

Sorry I found an article that illustrates you don't know what you are talking about.

Did I say anything about Democrats and Republicans? But since you brought it up, the Democrats want to insure every American. It's the GOP that is advocating the status quo. And you already admitted the system needs changing. Too bad the GOP disagrees with you.

America would have a Theocracy.

Secular Humanist Liberal Progressive President.

[in other words a whimp]

Anyone who can't bowl over 100 doesn't deserve to be commander of our military.

You are just a partisan leftist hack who is blinded and refuses to accept reality

Consider this you partisan righty hack. I'll type slow so I don't lose you. If Obama voted no on giving Bush a blank check for the war for 6 years, then that would make Obama farther left than everyone else. He was right about not starting a war with Iraq.

And everyone also voted yes to making the Iranian Military a terrorist group. The problem with that vote was that Bush and Chaney were going to use that vote to start a war with Iran. If Obama voted no on that, he was right to not give Bush any authorization because Bush has already abused his power.

And now you right partisan hacks are saying that the democrats are just as much to blame for the Iraq war because they too voted for it. Well Obama was against it. That's how he got into the Senate.

So you want it both ways. You are a partisan political hack and you clearly have very low intelligence.

Okay, you should know this because the Democrats were at one time not so long ago a minority in Congress. And everytime the Republicans attempted to pass something the Dems were completely opposed to but could not muster a majority, they would submit a fillibuster. This typically works unless the majority can gain a super majority to to bring the debate to closure. That's one method. There are other procedurial tactics that can be employed to block bills.

Then there are global events which will affect the President's actions. Terrorism isn't going to go away the day Obama takes office. You can mock the national security provisions put into action by Bush but he doesn't make it up as he goes. He has a whole host of folks that influence what steps he takes just as Obama will have as well. The Patriot Act, military tribunals, and the FISA cases will not go away.

Don't forget the lobbyists, they will influence his every move. And don't pretend he doesn't have any his back pocket because they all do.

And then there's the Dems who helped him to get into office who will be coming to him for their retributions. They will each have their own special interest and they will want theirs first.

And then all of the law suits that will result with the new bills (that have been suggested will go into law after Obama becomes President). First, if an attempt to overhaul the healthcare system is attempted, there will be law suits from multiple angles from the AMA to the AHIP. A law suit from the oil industry has to be just around the corner. I'm guessing they are waiting to see who the next President is.

This could go on and on and its not real exciting.

So vote for McCain.

Tell me about his voting record. You don't even understand what you are saying. But you sure believe it. You are a parot. Who told you this David? Your mommy, daddy? Rush? Bill O'Reilly? Glen Beck?

I haven't seen any facts that show me a far left candidate.

Oh, and I do know that in the year before the primaries, he started voting a little left of his opponents who were trying to show that they were tough on terrorism, supported the troops, etc. I give the man props for it, but it gave you the opportunity to say he is the most lefty liberal. Not true. Now he is moving back to center. For example, he voted for FISA and Hillary voted against it. They are playing the game dummy. Hillary will use that vote in 2012 if Obama loses.

You don't seem to mind when the GOP do it. They all tried to show how conservative they were, and they paid for it. McCain was the most moderate and that's why he won. Anyways, you don't get it, and I don't expect you ever will.

But again, labeling lefty and righty is a joke. You are bringing me down by using Rove 101 on me. I'm done talking about this unless I see you make the claim again.

It's like Steve Doocy calling Barack, Barrack Hussain Obama.

Actually what you are doing is worse, because he isn't a far left liberal.

Hussain is actually his middle name.

But in either case, we know what you are trying to do.

You are paranoid. I don't think you actually read my posts because your not making a lot of sense. Your all over the place.

So you won't admit you were wrong when you said, "Federal employees including McCain, Clinton, and Obama receive health care coverage just like any other employer with healthcare benefits."?

Federal Employees don't get these benefits. Just the polticians.

There is no reason we can't all have the same healthcare they get. Now lets get into the real reasons why you don't want us to all have it.

I work for a great corporation. People all over the country are complaining that our healthcare is getting worse and our costs are going up.

And if Union workers' pensions are why Ford and GM can't compete, maybe giving Senators a pension and healthcare for life is why the government is going broke too. Oh is that just a drop in the bucket for the federal government? If you haven't notice, we have a lot of drops going into our bucket.

Now you aren't coming off as an expert. Now you are saying, "i believe". Yesterday you're posts sounded more matter of fact. What happened?

Sorry I found an article that illustrates you don't know what you are talking about.

Did I say anything about Democrats and Republicans? But since you brought it up, the Democrats want to insure every American. It's the GOP that is advocating the status quo. And you already admitted the system needs changing. Too bad the GOP disagrees with you.

What am I supposed to admit being wrong about? I said those Senators have the same healthplan as all other federal employees. They don't have a special one just for them. Not sure where your getting your information but all you have to do is go to senate.gov and you can find that info.

Again, you are all over the place. Calm down and take a breath. Your looking for a conspiracy that doesn't exist. I already said that I agree we have some issues, they need to be worked out. It will take sensible and knowledgeable people to work it out. Congress is no where close to being experts so they shouldn't go around claiming to be so (and that includes McCain and Obama).

That is because of 2 main reasons. First McCain is not conservative enough.
Second McCain is running probably the worst campaign I have ever seen in my lifetime. My grandmother could run a better one, and she has been dead for 15 years.

Punk liar Charles.

With such a high cost election in progress and a very passionate wave of supporters on both sides of the aisle, the expectations for one candidate or the other appear to be extremely high. So what should we expect with an Obama presidency? (I will ask the same question for McCain in a separate posting)

$200 billion dollars a year saved in healthcare costs by bringing in a single payer healthcare system. $200 billion dollars a year saved in bringing the troops home from Iraq. Billions in balance of payment saved by encouraging alternative energy and fuel conservation.

These are Obama's three priorities, universal healthcare, bringing the troops home from Iraq, and American energy independence.

$200 billion dollars a year saved in healthcare costs by bringing in a single payer healthcare system. $200 billion dollars a year saved in bringing the troops home from Iraq. Billions in balance of payment saved by encouraging alternative energy and fuel conservation.

These are Obama's three priorities, universal healthcare, bringing the troops home from Iraq, and American energy independence.

Ok assuming your savings numbers are correct, Which I doubt.(Iraq has cost 170 Billion a year, and your fantasies about savings from a single payer system are doubtful) When you add Obama's proposed new spending. Which estimate put at anywhere from 350 Billion to 1 Trillion a year. You get no savings at all, and increased Deficits.

Ok assuming your savings numbers are correct, Which I doubt.(Iraq has cost 170 Billion a year, and your fantasies about savings from a single payer system are doubtful) When you add Obama's proposed new spending. Which estimate put at anywhere from 350 Billion to 1 Trillion a year. You get no savings at all, and increased Deficits.

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare, and you say it is doubtful we can save $200 billion a year. A single payer system is much more efficient than having 150 greedy for profit insurance companies all with their own seperate administration plus Medicare with their seperate adminsitration as well. Are you really this dumb?

Every other Western democracy has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay half per capita what we pay for healthcare, and you say it is doubtful we can save $200 billion a year. A single payer system is much more efficient than having 150 greedy for profit insurance companies all with their own seperate administration plus Medicare with their seperate adminsitration as well. Are you really this dumb?

Are you really this much of an asshole?

I disputed your figure, not the fact there would be savings. And anyways how much of that savings would be saved by the Government? RIght now people and insurance companies are paying. With your plan the Goverment would be paying far more than it is today, not less.

Besides as I pointed out the savings you talk about would be eclipsed by Obama's proposed new spending bills, and I think, by an even more slowed economy, and smaller revenues to the fed, brought on by Obama's tax policies.

Are you really this much of an asshole?

I disputed your figure, not the fact there would be savings. And anyways how much of that savings would be saved by the Government? RIght now people and insurance companies are paying. With your plan the Goverment would be paying far more than it is today, not less.

Besides as I pointed out the savings you talk about would be eclipsed by Obama's proposed new spending bills, and I think, by an even more slowed economy, and smaller revenues to the fed, brought on by Obama's tax policies.

Wrong. Our businesses are losing competitiveness around the world because they are competing with businesses in other countries that have universal healthcare. Toyota recently located a plant in Canada because healthcare cost there are paid by the government, not the employer.

Other countries do a lot of things better than we do, but because of some bizarre misplaced nationalism, Republicans can't see this.

Wrong. Our businesses are losing competitiveness around the world because they are competing with businesses in other countries that have universal healthcare. Toyota recently located a plant in Canada because healthcare cost there are paid by the government, not the employer.

Other countries do a lot of things better than we do, but because of some bizarre misplaced nationalism, Republicans can't see this.

You mean Toyota's healthcare is paid for by the Canadian taxpayer. I bet they love it.

Forum List

Back