what would this country be like with no abortions?

I always see the number posted that 50 million babies have been aborted since some times in the 70s. Knowing that the USA has roughly 300million people living in it, what would it look like now if it had that extra 50 million living in it, many of the children being neglected and raised by unfit parents who did not want them in the first place?
The US would look like a totalitarian country where women were forced to bear children.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yep, every woman of child bearing age would be kept bear foot and pregnant. :eek:

I always see the number posted that 50 million babies have been aborted since some times in the 70s. Knowing that the USA has roughly 300million people living in it, what would it look like now if it had that extra 50 million living in it, many of the children being neglected and raised by unfit parents who did not want them in the first place?

Maybe like Somalia. Overpopulated and full of starving people.

The US would look like a totalitarian country where women were forced to bear children.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yep, every woman of child bearing age would be kept bear foot and pregnant. :eek:

there would be enough additional people to pay for the Boomer's retirement instead of indirectly trying to solve our people shortage problem with the illegals, perhaps?

Honestly, I think more than likely, people would be more careful and not get pregnant as much and those that still do and are determined not to have a child now, will find a way to get an abortion...

what makes you think they would be paying taxes instead of leeching off the system?

Why do you hate humanity?

Denying the right to choose abortion is the most assbackwards way ever proposed of trying to make people more responsible about having sex. Other than making sex itself entirely illegal.

there would be enough additional people to pay for the Boomer's retirement instead of indirectly trying to solve our people shortage problem with the illegals, perhaps?

Honestly, I think more than likely, people would be more careful and not get pregnant as much and those that still do and are determined not to have a child now, will find a way to get an abortion...

what makes you think they would be paying taxes instead of leeching off the system?

Why do you hate humanity?

I guess I will answer your appeal to emotion. I don't hate humanity, but I believe in statistics and they show the general outcome of people born to incompetent parents, unwanted in the first place.

☭proletarian☭;2069046 said:
I suspect people would be more careful if they couldn't just abort.

Yes because when it comes to a biological desire like sex humans always consider the implications and consequences of their actions. :rolleyes: Anyway I would be willing to make a bet that the average parties who did the deed that results in the abortion probably are not that bright or a rational actor to begin with.

Okay, well, for starters, this entire post is based on a fallacy, to whit: that there would have been the same number of unwanted pregnancies in that period of time had there been no legalized abortion. This ignores the reality of human nature, expressed in the fundamental economic priniciple of "when something becomes more costly, people do less of it". If abortion is prohibited, the "cost" of sex becomes a lot higher. No birth control is 100% effective anyway, and blowing it off entirely (as many people do because of the availability of abortion) is MUCH less appealing. So right there, you have people who would otherwise be inclined to casual sex being more reluctant.

In addition, legalized abortion raises the pressure to have sex on people who are not otherwise inclined to do so. This also increases the number of unwanted pregnancies by increasing the opportunities.

So you really wonder what the world would be like without abortion? Try going back in our history and looking at a time when it was largely prohibited. It would look like most people refraining from fucking like rabid weasels at the drop of a tequila bottle. What a horrible thought. :eusa_whistle:

Over populated.

Maybe women would be making better choices. Who's to say.

History says so, there will always be irresponsible people in the world... ALWAYS

What history says is that those people are never the majority. NEVER. Not sure what history YOU are reading that tells you that better choices isn't a possibility. And I can't imagine how encouraging MORE people to be irresponsible is a solution.

Denying the right to choose abortion is the most assbackwards way ever proposed of trying to make people more responsible about having sex. Other than making sex itself entirely illegal.

No, the way we're doing it NOW is the most ass-backwards way. "You should really be more responsible, but I know you won't be, so go ahead and kill your baby, and we'll attack anyone who suggests you're a slut." Yeah, that really works.

No, the way we're doing it NOW is the most ass-backwards way. "You should really be more responsible, but I know you won't be, so go ahead and kill your baby, and we'll attack anyone who suggests you're a slut." Yeah, that really works.

How responsible were you in your teen years?

As a lonesome citizen, my lone voice won't do much to stop abortions. I can only say those who do them will be judged in the afterlife accordingly.

However, I would suggest this. What if there were a time machine in the world. And lets say you are 35 years old today. If you were transported 35 years and 7 months back into time, and were asked as a 2 month old fetus "Would you like to be born or aborted?", I bet 99% of you would have the same answer, right?

As a lonesome citizen, my lone voice won't do much to stop abortions. I can only say those who do them will be judged in the afterlife accordingly.

However, I would suggest this. What if there were a time machine in the world. And lets say you are 35 years old today. If you were transported 35 years and 7 months back into time, and were asked as a 2 month old fetus "Would you like to be born or aborted?", I bet 99% of you would have the same answer, right?

I think i would choose to be aborted.

Forum List

Back