What would the world look like?

With everyone honest, politics would pretty much evaporate away.
Why would we need laywers?
Most of our laws would be unnecessary.
security services and locks would be a thing of the past.
We would need very few jails, but perhaps more mental health facilities.

In summary the world would be a much better place.

even if I honestly wanted to just beat the hell out of someone ?

That is why more mental health facilities would be needed.
You would be honest and realize that was not a good thing to do.

And why would that create a need for mental health facilities? Are you saying being honest makes people crazy? You've never wanted to just beat the hell out of someone? You do realize that wanting to do something and actually doing it are two totally different things right?

If everyone was honest. I'm doing a thought exercise and I figured I'd see what everyone else thinks. I think im missing some areas.
Much more violent.

See the Flame Zone? That's what happens when people are honest with eachother.

If everyone was honest. I'm doing a thought exercise and I figured I'd see what everyone else thinks. I think im missing some areas.
Much more violent.

See the Flame Zone? That's what happens when people are honest with eachother.

Ah but would they be the same way if they were honest with themselves?

Ah but would they be the same way if they were honest with themselves?
I suppose that depends upon if you honestly believe humans have an instinct to destroy.

I think we do, as evidenced by our history.

I don't know that I can agree with that. Humans are far more versatile and flexible in their 'instincts' than any other creature on Earth. And while it seems that most creatures with larger or more developed brains can be persuaded to be gentle and affectionate--experience what can only be described as love--humans can envision consequences beyond their immediate experience.

Therefore, when taught possibilities, humans, unique among all species, consciously choose to conserve, preserve, conserve, build up, exalt, improve, and show compassion to other creatures on Earth, including their own kind.

I don't think the Flame zone is indicative of human nature at all. Indicative of human nature, failures, frustration, anger, resentment maybe. But that sure isn't all humankind is. :)

Lies fuel hope while the truth destroys optimism. Without lies, the world would be a very grim and violently deterministic place to live in.

Lies fuel hope while the truth destroys optimism. Without lies, the world would be a very grim and violently deterministic place to live in.

Really? Cause I find that the exact opposite is true.

Speaking of "honesty":

What would the world look like if Bin Laden were dead and we never invaded Iraq?

Forum List

Back