What would the Republican reaction be if Obama had millions in offshore accounts?

All kidding aside

As a taxpayer, yes it pisses me off that the wealthiest among us have tax loopholes that you can drive a truck through.

those loopholes can be used by anyone. I am unaware of any that are ONLY for 'the rich', whatever 'rich' really means.

Yes I know....everyone can be a millionaire in this country

But those loopholes are set up for those who do not have to worry about how they will pay the mortgage next month or how they will come up with the money for juniors braces

if you want to do something about people who you feel abuse the loopholes, there is really only one viable solution.

Close the loopholes. Vote for people who want to close them, and who might actually have a shot at closing them. Keep doing so until they actually are closed.

The furor over Mitt RomneyMitt Romney's millions and offshore accounts have died down somewhat as his supporters try valiantly to defuse the touch of dishonesty surrounding cries of tax evasion, Capital venture investments and his huge net worth. In fact, they claim overseas accounts is not tax evasion for it was perfectly within the limits of the law to send your money on a vacation.
The last time I checked we had sufficient big banks within America's shores that are capable of handling Romney's many millions. So there has to be a reason for hording all that money in the sunny Caribbean Cayman Islands and frosty Zürich, Switzerland.
The former Massachusetts Governor and Bain Capital Exec. says storing his money in foreign accounts, with nondescript P.O. Box numbers, is legal according to 'Uncle Sam.' That might be right, but why go to the trouble to send his money on such a long journey if it didn't benefit him in a big way? Moreover, if Romney wants to be leader of the U.S. shouldn't he practice what he preaches? How is he going to reform the tax codes if they have worked so well for his bottom line? How is he going to ask Americans to sacrifice, while he is using every loophole on the books to line his already padded pockets?

What would the GOP narrative be if Obama funneled money to offshore accounts as Romney?

What is wrong with having offshore accounts????

Besides, Obama probably does have millions in offshore accounts, and if he doesn't he will because after he is booted this November he will go on a propaganda speaking engagement tour charging 100,000+ grand a night to speak..

All kidding aside

As a taxpayer, yes it pisses me off that the wealthiest among us have tax loopholes that you can drive a truck through.

those loopholes can be used by anyone. I am unaware of any that are ONLY for 'the rich', whatever 'rich' really means.

Yes I know....everyone can be a millionaire in this country

But those loopholes are set up for those who do not have to worry about how they will pay the mortgage next month or how they will come up with the money for juniors braces

you mean they are not set up for people who have mortgages but have to worry about paying them?

Maybe they shouldnt have applied for the mortgage?

You know...they say

"one is rich when one doesnt have to worry about having the money to pay the monthly bills"

Well...then I say do what you have to do to keep your bills within your income.

Then everyone can feel rich.

Then it is okay for loopholes for the rich, just like it is okay that the poor do not have to pay fed taxes, it's all legal.

there are no loopholes for the rich.

There never was and never will be.

Only the left believes in legislation that is designed for one class and not another.

The furor over Mitt RomneyMitt Romney's millions and offshore accounts have died down somewhat as his supporters try valiantly to defuse the touch of dishonesty surrounding cries of tax evasion, Capital venture investments and his huge net worth. In fact, they claim overseas accounts is not tax evasion for it was perfectly within the limits of the law to send your money on a vacation.
The last time I checked we had sufficient big banks within America's shores that are capable of handling Romney's many millions. So there has to be a reason for hording all that money in the sunny Caribbean Cayman Islands and frosty Zürich, Switzerland.
The former Massachusetts Governor and Bain Capital Exec. says storing his money in foreign accounts, with nondescript P.O. Box numbers, is legal according to 'Uncle Sam.' That might be right, but why go to the trouble to send his money on such a long journey if it didn't benefit him in a big way? Moreover, if Romney wants to be leader of the U.S. shouldn't he practice what he preaches? How is he going to reform the tax codes if they have worked so well for his bottom line? How is he going to ask Americans to sacrifice, while he is using every loophole on the books to line his already padded pockets?

What would the GOP narrative be if Obama funneled money to offshore accounts as Romney?

What was your reaction to the money Corzine misplaced that hasn't been found yet?...... :eusa_whistle:

Given that the federal government has woven it's tentacles through the domestic banking system, I'd say it's probably more secure to have some savings in an offshore account.

Then it is okay for loopholes for the rich, just like it is okay that the poor do not have to pay fed taxes, it's all legal.

Our economic model wouldn't work without "loopholes."

Besides I'm not quite clear what one considers a "loophole."

Loopholes on capital gains?? loopholes on businesses writing off business expenses??

Accounting is very complicated..

there are no loopholes for the rich.

There never was and never will be.

Only the left believes in legislation that is designed for one class and not another.

90 % of our tax code is written by and applies to only our wealthiest 5%

The Golden Rule is.....He who has the gold makes the rules

I don't have to look very far in the tax code to find the parts that benefit me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrWrxuR_GM]Khalid Al Mansour - A little on history of Jews - YouTube[/ame]

this is what Obama has offshore

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back