What would the perfect job be, for a man?

If I could eat good, drink good and relax while money just kept building in my account, I will be one happy man!

I worked in telecommunications for more than 30 years, most of that in an executive capacity and loved the first 20 years. I traveled all over the world and got paid embarrassingly well.

I retired a few years ago and joined the police as an entry-level officer for the start of a new career. I currently love that job but have to admit it doesn't pay as well.

I've always been happy regardless of where I'm working.
I would love to get paid well and travel. Police Officers don't make that. You think they would. I know Police Officers around Allegheny county PA, some towns they make as low as $10 an hour. To me being a Police Officer for only $10 an hour is no way worth it. I don't know about your area, but being a police officer in my area isn't worth the bullshit. It also can be very dangerous in some neighbor out here.

If I could eat good, drink good and relax while money just kept building in my account, I will be one happy man!

I worked in telecommunications for more than 30 years, most of that in an executive capacity and loved the first 20 years. I traveled all over the world and got paid embarrassingly well.

I retired a few years ago and joined the police as an entry-level officer for the start of a new career. I currently love that job but have to admit it doesn't pay as well.

I've always been happy regardless of where I'm working.
I would love to get paid well and travel. Police Officers don't make that. You think they would. I know Police Officers around Allegheny county PA, some towns they make as low as $10 an hour. To me being a Police Officer for only $10 an hour is no way worth it. I don't know about your area, but being a police officer in my area isn't worth the bullshit. It also can be very dangerous in some neighbor out here.

Dear ThatDude30
Have you ever looked into Rotary Club international.
Their members tend to be successful business leaders who have launched their own projects
either locally and/or internationally. Experienced leaders will mentor other chapters or leaders
and they can do fundraising to invest money to create all kinds of programs that help to better society.

For example: Deepa Willingham started Pace Universal schools to create
safe centers, jobs and services in poor regions to combat trafficking.
www.paceuniversal.com

If you want to do educational outreach, maybe partnering
with an existing group like this, then Replicating it like
Habitat for Humanity would allow you to travel while
raising funds to build more such schools or libraries.

You can also contact SCORE service corps of retired executives
if you want mentorship to launch your own nonprofit.
What schools did you graduate from? partnering with
other alumni with similar interests could help you develop
a foundation for capital development and a sustainable endowment
to create your own dream job running your own educational outreach program.

Other favorites of mine include Doctors Without Borders
or independent medical clinics such as the OMNI nonprofit:

The Morgan Harrington Educational Wing , OMNI Village, Ndola , Zambia has been completed and was officially dedicated in a joyous ceremony 12/1/2012. Fundraising efforts moving forward are centered on equipping a library/computer space for the school.
omnisite.jpg

Morgan Harrington Educational Wing dedicated July 2012
The construction of the Morgan Dana Harrington Educational Wing, OMNI Village, Ndola, Zambia, Africa

OMNI, Orphan Medical Network International, donations may be mailed to:

OMNI
6930 Empire Lane
Roanoke, Va. 24018

Or on line at www.omnimissions.com
OMNI is a 501(c)3 charitable organization

The Morgan Dana Harrington Memorial Scholarship, Virginia Tech-Carilion Medical School
VTC Scholarship donations may be mailed to:

Virginia Tech
Morgan Dana Harrington Memorial Scholarship
University Development
Blacksburg, Va. 24061

Or on line at Morgan Dana Harrington Scholarship

Forum List

Back