What would the media reaction be if the colours were reversed?

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
Local College Student Brutally Attacked - WJW

A Kent State student is hospitalized in critical condition after a brutal attack that witnesses say was unprovoked.

Kent Police say 23-year-old Christopher Kernich was walking home on East Main Street with two friends early Sunday morning, when they were nearly run over by a car.

Witnesses say one of the students yelled to the driver "watch what you're doing".

Police say the car then pulled ahead of Chris Kernich and his friends, and two men, 20-year-old Ronald Kelly and 21-year-old Adrian Barker jumped out and began beating the three students.

I am of the belief that the media would jump all over this if the colours were reversed. man bites dog instead of dog bites man. Last year there was a flap over two whites beating an illegal, calls for hate crime charges, calls for a national discussion over the evil racism of whites. Where are all the examples since then? It is easy to dig up case after case of blacks aggressively beating whites but where are the counter examples? Really. I must be wrong because I am told that it is racist to 'incorrectly' notice that almost all the interracial crime is black-on-white. Could someone post half a dozen or so white examples so that I can displace my wariness of blacks?

This poster is correct:

I agree with everything you say except one. Race does play a major factor in this. Most white kids would have just kept on going if someone told them to watch where you are going. Ghetto dwellers don't like being "dissed". They don't like people pointing out when they do something wrong. Race played a roll. This should be treated as a hate crime.

But it's open season on whites in America. What if white people decided they'd had enough and came together to fight back?

well, the beaten student has succumbed to the injuries inflicted upon him.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRTzEhE6GA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsRTzEhE6GA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Two Shaker Heights High School graduates who attend the University of Akron -- Ronald Kelly, 20, and Adrian Barker, 21 -- are in jail charged with felonious assault. It was unclear Saturday whether those charges may change now that Christopher M. Kernich, 23, of Fairborn, has died.
Kent State student, beaten badly in fight near campus, dies at hospital | Metro - cleveland.com - cleveland.com

hmmm. so they weren't exactly gangbangers now, were they? Shaker Heights is the upscale neighbourhood that Ogbu chose to investigate how middle class black children were doing at middle class and integrated schools (poorly, as it turned out). and university students too. isn't it odd that 2 (third one not caught yet) young blacks from a good neighbourhood, going to university, with their whole lives ahead of them decided to throw it all away by beating a white person to death on a whim.

Last edited:
You'll be called a racist for having the gall to post this. It's a shame that race is still this important, but sadly it is, and the question that I ask is: who's keeping it this way?

We'll be able to tell by who responds....

Kelly and Barker have been charged with felonious assault. They are being held in the Portage County Jail.

Sounds like the wheels of justice are turning to me.

Where's the problem?

Kelly and Barker have been charged with felonious assault. They are being held in the Portage County Jail.

Where's the problem?

It probably stems from the Left jumping up and getting all hot and bothered about cases that are reversed and not this 1. Go figure.

apparently this wasn't a hate crime

*Reporter’s note: There was no robbery involved, and the two groups of young men did not know one another. So, when a deadly attack occurs for no apparent reason, one has to look a little deeper for a motive, such as race.

The attackers in this case, were black, while the victims were white. While that fact is seemingly being overlooked by the police as well as most of those reporting on the horrific incident, race-fueled hatred may present the only possible motivating factor to cause two men to stomp on the head of a total stranger, until the man’s brain explodes.

While I personally find hate crime laws to be absurd, if this standard is to be applied in this country, then it must be applied equally. However, we have seen time and time again, that it is certainly not applied equally.

Given the fact that our current Attorney General has himself, expressed his approval for the unfair way in which the law is applied, we can expect to see more hypocrisy on this matter in the near future.

In June 2009, during his testimony before a Senate panel considering new hate crimes legislation, Attorney General Eric Holder made it very clear that any new laws passed would not apply to white victims. When Sen. Jeff Sessions pressed Holder into saying exactly who would be protected under such laws, Holder gave his opinion that only those who have been subjected to “the unfortunate history of our nation,” should receive the added protection.
No hate crimes charges for accused murderers in unprovoked attack of Kent State student

Sister Talks After Brother, 72, Punched In Face At Walmart - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

NORTH VERSAILLES, Pa. -- An elderly Walmart greeter was punched in the face and seriously hurt outside the store in North Versailles.

Police are investigating a report that Jenkins may have asked Washington to show his receipt when he left the store earlier this week. Washington told police Jenkins bumped into him, police said.

“He just cold cocked him. He went up there, and there was no, ‘Hey, you.’ He just went up and whacked him,” said North Versailles police Chief James Comunale.

Police said Washington calmly walked away, leaving Jenkins on the ground as if nothing ever happened.

is it open season for blacks to commit violence on whites? it sure seems so.

I have asked this before without getting a response but I'll try again. where are all the stories of whites attacking blacks for no reason? supposedly whites are the racist ones, the ones plotting to harm blacks, and yet there is so little proof, so few examples. and what few there are, many turn out to be hoaxes. why is it OK to assume that whites will be racist with little proof yet not OK to assume blacks will be dangerous even with lots of evidence?

I didn't read the story closely but it sounds more like road rage than hate crime.

To make people like IanC and mal happy we should have an "uppity crime" so we can bring charges against all those black people they feel are empowered by having a black president to commit crimes.

I didn't read the story closely but it sounds more like road rage than hate crime.

To make people like IanC and mal happy we should have an "uppity crime" so we can bring charges against all those black people they feel are empowered by having a black president to commit crimes.

perhaps we should just have an automatic hate crime in effect for any violent inter-racial attack. of course that would be much less onerous for whites than blacks, wouldn't it Ravi?

not a whole lot of white punks going around robbing and beating old black people is there? not a whole lot of white gangs beating up black people on buses and subways either. when was the last time a gang of white thugs gang raped a black girl? Duke lacrosse? I could go on but you have heard my point before and dismissed it already

worse than the latest one--

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — A Chattanooga detective accused of assaulting an elderly Wal-Mart greeter who asked to see his sales receipt has been suspended from duty.

Police Chief Freeman Cooper told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that following a disciplinary hearing officer Kenneth Freeman was suspended 28 days without pay for conduct unbecoming an officer, improper procedure and excessive use of force.

its bad enough when a run of the mill black thug beats an old person but it is downright disturbing when a black cop beats an old man for asking to check his bag.

Where's the problem?

It probably stems from the Left jumping up and getting all hot and bothered about cases that are reversed and not this 1. Go figure.

They don't need to. They have you to do it for them.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

perhaps we should just have an automatic hate crime in effect for any violent inter-racial attack. of course that would be much less onerous for whites than blacks, wouldn't it Ravi?
We have hate crime laws that cover any group...not sure why you'd want it to be triggered automatically.

not a whole lot of white punks going around robbing and beating old black people is there? not a whole lot of white gangs beating up black people on buses and subways either. when was the last time a gang of white thugs gang raped a black girl? Duke lacrosse? I could go on but you have heard my point before and dismissed it already
I read about white on black crime and you are lying if you claim it doesn't happen. As for robbing old black people...would there be much point if they are poor?

That makes exactly the same sense that "hate crimes" legislation does. We already have laws against beating people to death, why is it special if a minority is beaten to death? Why is it special of some "uppity" black folks beat a white kid to death? I'll make it easy for ya - It isn't. Wrong is wrong. There are no bonus points.

Ian- what are you whining about? There are evil people in the world who commit horrible crimes every day. Leftists only get upset when the "correct people" are hurt by crimes (that means minorities and gays). Whites are not special, they are not the "Correct people".

Seriously tho,

The reason stories like this don't garner the same attention is because it's the same shit different day.

When the story is white on black crime, it get's our collective attention more because it's more out of the ordinary.

I know that's gonna piss a lot of you off, but it is what it is.

Seriously tho,

The reason stories like this don't garner the same attention is because it's the same shit different day.

When the story is white on black crime, it get's our collective attention more because it's more out of the ordinary.

I'm not sure it is out of the ordinary. For instance, how many blacks don't report crimes because they are already afraid of the po-lice?

But let us say you are right...why is it "more" out of the ordinary?

We have hate crime laws that cover any group...not sure why you'd want it to be triggered automatically.

I read about white on black crime and you are lying if you claim it doesn't happen. As for robbing old black people...would there be much point if they are poor?

when was the last time blacks were charged with hate crimes for attacking whites? there is a large discrepancy in charges according to race. and Holder has already said that his new laws wil protect historically oppressed groups. the point of having ALL inter racial violent attacks trigger hate crimes and possible jail time is that it will change the mindset of predators (black or white) into picking on their own kind. of course this will benefit whites more but why should we carry an inordinate share of parasitic predators?

thugs don't just beat up and rob non-poor people. they attack when there is an opportunity. poor people probably get robbed the most because they are vulnerable.

Seriously tho,

I'm not sure it is out of the ordinary. For instance, how many blacks don't report crimes because they are already afraid of the po-lice?

But let us say you are right...why is it "more" out of the ordinary?

because inter racial violent crime is almost exclusively black-on-white! it is common for blacks to attack whites, it is uncommon for whites to attack blacks. especially if there is no specific reason. can you imagine how much higher the black crime rate would be if blacks DID report all crimes in spite of being afraid of the po-lice?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back