What Would Jesus Do......

I do not recall the bible actually talking about Jesus doing any work.

He preached, he healed the sick, raised the dead, fed the hungry. He was a minister, a doctor, and the government. Sound like work to me. He also was a carpenter
Matthew 13:55 refers to Jesus as the carpenter's son.
Mark 6:3 refers to him as the carpenter

Actually the word used translates to Handyman according to scholors I have spoken with at the siminary in Wilmore, KY.

And yes he was a handymans son, but it never talks of anything whwew he did physical work. He grew up in the temple it seems.
One of those liberal academia types?

I've never seen any translationg into handyman. Carpenter, Wood worker, Builder cannot be translated into handyman. Joseph was a handyman? I don't think so. Jesus was a carpenter before he began his ministry and he learned it from Joseph.
Mark 6:3 Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.

Definition of CARPENTER
: a worker who builds or repairs wooden structures or their structural parts

hand·y·man also handy man (hnd-mn)
n.
A man who does odd jobs or various small tasks

Carpenter cannot be translated into handyman.

Stop the vulgar and downright insane act of dragging Jesus into political issues.

He said he would not be with us forever -- something YOU obviously have not read in your Bible -- yet many of you persist in dragging him up time and time again in the most inappropriate of agendas.

And doing so is something you don't think is offensive. Well it is offensive.

And ignorant.

José;3229422 said:
Originally posted by Big Black Dog
He would most likely strike down dead anyone who tried to sneak in illegally.

The hell he would!!!!

He would notice a striking similarity between the occupiers of his homeland (Romans) and the occupiers of nothern Mexico (anglos).

occupiers of nothern Mexico

You mean Canadians?:lol:

Then why does God use the alien as an example of a plague that He will visit on those who do not do His will? Read Deuteronomy. :eusa_pray:

José;3229425 said:
absolut-vodka-mexico.jpg

Render unto America the things which are America’s,
and unto Mexico the things that are Mexico's.

If that map were correct, all of Hollywood would be shittin' in teepees!:lol:

Forum List

Back