What would it take for you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spectrumc01, Nov 11, 2012.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    With the Republican party in complete disarray, what would it take for you to vote for a Republican. What changes would they have to make?

For me the first thing they need to do is seperate themselves from the religious part of their party. This is the root of their problem in my opinion. The second thing would be for them to get off their high horse. The whole "Personal Responsibility" thing gets taken too far at times, and there is a difference between poor people and criminals. The last thing is quit lying to me, I keep hearing about "smaller government" but never actually expieience "smaller government". This issue has turned into a smoke screen, and is now a joke you keep telling yourselves. The last thing They need to do is realize we are all equal, and deserve all the rights, protections, and freedoms as described in the Declaration of Independance and spelled out as law in the Constitution of the United States. Ridding yourselves of the religious will go a long way to correcting this. This is what it would take to get me to vote Republican.

What would it take for you?

2. jan

jan Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    The term "personal responsibility" is code for "you're goverment isn't gonna do shit for you with your tax dollars...we're giving it to other countries for nation building elsewhere."

3. BallsBrunswick

BallsBrunswick Fair and Balanced

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    A pro legalization libertarian... which will never happen.

4. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The republicans are not in complete disarray. I will vote republican because it is better to light one candle than curse the darkness.

When a person accepts evil, excuses it, reasons it away, finds acceptance of that what is wholly evil and wrong a matter of fairness and equality, that makes that individual just as evil as the people committing evil acts. We have come to the point in our history when it is truly every man for himself. It's picking one's way through the muck and mud as carefully as possible without getting your own hems dirty.

A look at the election map shows an absolute sea of red republican with blobs of blue congested and bloated cities. obama won by 75,000 votes. This is hardly a mandate, nor is it a significant enough majority to crown him absolute ruler. Republicans are not in disarray.

What democrats ignore as they revel in obama's narrow victory is that he was not the only one reelected. Every congressman who opposed him last time was reelected to office to do it again.

5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    LOL!!! First of all, while there are big blobs of red, prairie dogs don't vote. Secondly, Obama won by 3M votes, NOT 75K. Got anymore lies to spread? You've got a lot of nerve talking about evil, hypocrite!

6. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    Katzndogz will literally make up anything she wants. Her posts are comedy genius.

7. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,509

Get the party out of the hands of the absolutists. That's Step One, and the most important step.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Republicans need to stop being Democrat Light.

9. USNavyVet

USNavyVet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Gary Johnson was on Stossel and he made a great point. The Republicans are terrible on social issues but ok on fiscal issues, and Democrats are ok social issues but terrible on fiscal issues. Not the exact quote but close enough. And he makes a great point. Both parties suck but third parties have no chance.

Anyway, back to the subject, to "fix" the Republican party, they have to change their stance on social issues. But it should bother all of us that an election map by county is almost all red and only blue in highly populated areas. It appears that the electoral college is failing us somehow.

10. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Depending on how many progressive Supreme Court Justices, o gets to appoint in the next four years, should determine the next 50 years, of liberal policies that will go into play. I hold no hope out for a traditional GOP to hold the highest office in the land, though I will continue to vote for them.

We are going to have to go brown, it seems to me.