What would it take for you to disbelieve global warming

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
If you believe in man-made global warming, what would it take to convince you that it wasnt happening? What kind of facts would prove to you conclusively that there was no global warming.

It would take dropping sea levels.
i'll let you brainwashed fucks know how the sea levels are doing next fall, when I work at the turtle nesting sites.

There is no doubt in my mind that man effects the environment. This includes warming, as evidenced by the fact that cities are warmer than their surrounding rural areas.

The extent of the effect and future projections is open for debate.

I gotta say though, that the denier crowd is just as loopy, and exhibit the same obsessive traits as the Al Gore kool aid drinkers.

Firstly, get the terminology right and that will help people to understand it, instead of ridiculing the 'warming' when many of us are digging our way out of some serious snowfall.

It is NOT global warming, it IS climate change. That is a fact - indisputable and undeniable - the climate is changing. The debate is how much of it is man made and what can we do about it.

Personally, yea, I think man has impacted the climate - but when we have countries like China et al spewing shit into the environment anything that we do will not make any difference. And, I don't believe the crap that various governments around the world say about what we need to do. They are using climate change as just another way to control populations and tax us to hell.

I feel sorry for the young people - they will be left with sorting it out.

There is no doubt in my mind that man effects the environment. This includes warming, as evidenced by the fact that cities are warmer than their surrounding rural areas.

The extent of the effect and future projections is open for debate.

I gotta say though, that the denier crowd is just as loopy, and exhibit the same obsessive traits as the Al Gore kool aid drinkers.

The extent of man's impact is certainly up for debate. With few exceptions on the boards, none in science, have I seen any of the so-called 'deniers' say that climate change is not happening. The arguments from the beginning has been on the science and proclamations regarding AGW, many of those proclamations now not just being walked back some, but rather being acknowledged as fiction.

With that said do I disagree that man should do what can be done to use and develop technologies that will release fewer pollutants into the air and water? No, we should. However in the quest to make a cleaner environment there shouldn't be a forced exit of old technologies, without suitable replacements. That also pertains to jobs/industries.

It seems past time for governments to step back and see what really is known and not. They should be very careful about unintended consequences of their actions, as we have too many eco examples of science gone wrong: DDT bans, resulting from publication of Silent Spring, resulting in millions of deaths in Africa and South America from malaria. Alar scare, 'whoops, we're sorry your agricultural livelihood was destroyed, our bad.' Lancet report on inoculations, recently admitted to be fraud, that has resulted in a resurgence of measles in the developed world.

There is no doubt that we have an environmental impact.

I do not and will not buy into the catastrophic disaster shit that is being sold to us.

It is a shame that so much energy and time is being spent on "climate change". There is nothing happening with our climate that hasn't happened before in the past and won't happen again in the future. Quit saying "the sky is falling" because it isn't. Quit trying to sell a bill of goods that is obviously bullshit. I've never seen so much to do about nothing in all of my lifetime.

If you believe in man-made global warming, what would it take to convince you that it wasnt happening? What kind of facts would prove to you conclusively that there was no global warming.

I'd have to have Al Gore tell me personally that man-made global warming has been exaggerated. He is, after all, the recognized expert on Global Warming (not to mention that he invented the Internet and has a Nobel Prize).

al-gore_globalwarming.jpg

I'd have to have Al Gore tell me personally that man-made global warming has been exaggerated. He is, after all, the recognized expert on Global Warming (not to mention that he invented the Internet and has a Nobel Prize).

Completely retarded statement.

The recognized expert on climate in the US is Dr. James Hansen.

is that the same hansen that refuses to comply with FOI requests?

:lol: Nothing gets past you! :lol:

And you just proved the point of the OP. Hansen is a political activist. I wouldn't even consider him a scientist since he has turned his science into an ideology.

But continue to worship this fraud if you want. I know we can count on you.

The very same.

Also the same NASA which has been counting measurements from fewer and fewer stations, especially those at higher altitudes.

is that the same NASA that avails itself of one of the six hundred plus temperature stations that canada has in the arctic? that NASA?

Forum List

Back