What would it take for you to abandon your political party?

To nutjob conservatives collective bargaining equals extortion, we will fight the conservative effort to bring back the company store and the robber barons.

Bargaining as a group has absolutely nothing to do with the intimidation and violent tactics unions use to get their way. They think that by intimidating people they can get more money. They use threats of violence and force to get more money from people. That's extortion and robbery genius.

Collective bargaining is what a union is, those right wing radio fairy tales are stories to scare the misinformed who get their thoughts from right wing radio.

The post I replied to that you commented on put forth that idea.

No... it did not... as I made no comment towards that at all... what I did comment on was the humorous notion that people not in unions are 'sheep'... which was your direct comment...

Nice try... epic fail

I may call unions useless in today's society... I may call union workers overly protected and under-productive... but I never, and I mean NEVER have considered them 'elites' in any way, shape or form....

idiot

Though it is a valiant effort it appears that your fight against personal illiteracy is a losing battle

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3376795-post37.html

Post I replied to that you deemed to only make a comment regarding my reply but chose not to address what was being replied to.:
Unions are less than 15% of the worker. Why are you against the real workers of this nation so much that you support the elites?

Reading comprehension a problem for you??

I replied directly to your stupid and ignorant comment... if I wished to make a stance or a statement either way about the notion of union 'elites', I would have.... I chose to single out your idiotic statement.... not commenting on every last preceding comment in a thread does not mean I either support or reject those comments or opinions

nice try

you just keep digging yourself deeper, you fucking idiot

That you actually believe this twisted caricature is at all indicitive of reality is pretty sad.

You've made it clear that you think unions are elites and the nonunion workers are pathetic sheep.

Maybe if you treated people decently, you wouldnt have to extort people for money.

To nutjob conservatives collective bargaining equals extortion, we will fight the conservative effort to bring back the company store and the robber barons.

Yeah... because we don't have labor laws and laws against things such as monopolies... :rolleyes:

You are brainwashed

How did those labor laws come about?

You think union ditch diggers are elite and you call somebody else a moron? My god where do these imbeciles come from?

Yes. I think people who think they are superior to others, especially on something as baseless as union membership are elitists.

Stop pretending your superior to the "little people" and you wont have to worry about it.

Be humble and not arrogant for once in your life.

I am not the one who initially put forth the idea that union members are the elite.

The idiocy of claiming union people are elites

priceless

They are the very definition of Elite you moron.

The constitute only 15% of the work force and are paid higher wages than the rest of us.

What is not elite about that again?

You think union ditch diggers are elite and you call somebody else a moron? My god where do these imbeciles come from?

Perhaps you should read the Definition of Elite there buddy.

What else do you call a small % of workers who are paid more than the rest of us to do the same work?

Besides I am not the one who brought up the idea in the first place. It was one of you buddies who said that Unions workers are the only Real Workers, Implying that the other 85% of us are something less than Real Workers.

Last edited:
No... it did not... as I made no comment towards that at all... what I did comment on was the humorous notion that people not in unions are 'sheep'... which was your direct comment...

Nice try... epic fail

I may call unions useless in today's society... I may call union workers overly protected and under-productive... but I never, and I mean NEVER have considered them 'elites' in any way, shape or form....

idiot

Though it is a valiant effort it appears that your fight against personal illiteracy is a losing battle

Post I replied to that you deemed to only make a comment regarding my reply but chose not to address what was being replied to.:
Unions are less than 15% of the worker. Why are you against the real workers of this nation so much that you support the elites?

I replied directly to your stupid and ignorant comment... if I wished to make a stance or a statement either way about the notion of union 'elites', I would have.... I chose to single out your idiotic statement.... not commenting on every last preceding comment in a thread does not mean I either support or reject those comments or opinions

nice try

Hey stupid a thinking person would take into consideration what a post was replying to before typing out the stupidity that comes forth from their defective brain.

The constitute only 15% of the work force and are paid higher wages than the rest of us.

What else do you call a small % of workers who are paid more than the rest of us to do the same work?

Besides I am not the one who brought up the idea in the first place. It was one of you buddies who said that Unions workers are the only Real Workers, Implying that the other 85% of us are something less than Real Workers.

Since there is a much smaller segment of the population that gets much more than even union workers do that segment would be the elites not union workers.

Bargaining as a group has absolutely nothing to do with the intimidation and violent tactics unions use to get their way. They think that by intimidating people they can get more money. They use threats of violence and force to get more money from people. That's extortion and robbery genius.

Do you have any sense of history, Avatar? Do you honestly believe "intimidation and violent tactics" is used only by unions? Are you that ignorant of the history of labor in America?

Yeah... because we don't have labor laws and laws against things such as monopolies... :rolleyes:

You are brainwashed

Irrelevant whether you believe unions were behind that to whatever extent...

The landscape has changed... and unions, with the way labor laws and business laws are today, are not needed or even necessary...

I personally have turned down jobs along the course of my career to keep away from union influence, union corruption, and union rules (and staying away from being forced to be in a union if I wanted a specific position)... instead, relying on my own choices, work ethic, skills, reputation, efforts, etc.... and very happy I did so

The idiocy of claiming union people are elites

priceless

That is a complete mis-characterization of what he said. He said that those who think themselves better than others are elitists and quite frankly, that is my understanding of the definition of the word. He did not say they were elite, but that they were elitists.

I have said many times that John Kerry is an elitist. That means he thinks he is better than every one else. That does not mean I think he is better than everyone else. If I did think that I would say he was elite not an elitist meaning that I thought John Kerry was actually in a class above the rest of us rather than just that he thought he was in that class.

You have unintentionally, in my opinion, switched the wording and thus the meaning of what Avatar was trying to say.

Immie

Since there is a much smaller segment of the population that gets much more than even union workers do that segment would be the elites not union workers.

It is all about context. When you are talking about the 85% of us who are not Union workers. Clearly Union Workers are the Elite among us.

This Debate is one of the Key Reasons I left the Democrat Party. Because they claim to be for the working man, but in actuality they are for the Union Working man. Fuck the rest of us. In fact in many cases they want the rest of us, to pay for the Union workers contracts, oh and shut up about it too.

nice try

Hey stupid a thinking person would take into consideration what a post was replying to before typing out the stupidity that comes forth from their defective brain.

Hey idiot.. a thinking person can realize that your simple comment declaring non-union people 'sheep' was pretty clear.... and can also realize that your idiotic statement stands rather well on its own, regardless of what someone else claimed in a previous statement

You're digging deeper

You are brainwashed

The landscape has changed... and unions, with the way labor laws and business laws are today, are not needed or even necessary...

I personally have turned down jobs along the course of my career to keep away from union influence, union corruption, and union rules (and staying away from being forced to be in a union if I wanted a specific position)... instead, relying on my own choices, work ethic, skills, reputation, efforts, etc.... and very happy I did so

Irrelevant = okay you win that one.

The dead non union miners from the past 10 years would disagree with you considering they died after the Bush admin weakened MSHA.

The real workers are the union people,they have the balls to stand up for what is right while the underpaid non union sheep listen to millionaires on the radio telling them they should be envious of the union guys wages and benefits and therefore should take action to take those good wages and benefits away from them.

Kind of a broad brush there Noose and very inaccurate.

You state that non-union members are "sheep" and all of them listen to millionaires on the radio? Sorry, but by saying so, you have really hurt your argument. Just because we do not belong to a union, (maybe we don't even have one we can belong to) does not mean that we are stupid sheep who only listen to right wing talking heads on the radio.

Unions have played their parts in the development of our country. They have done good in many respects and still can depending on the issues. Unfortunately, it seems to me that unions are suffering in the same way as our country has suffered. The leaders of the unions have gone the way of the politicians of the country and now put their own advancements ahead of those of the workers.

I am not "anti-union". I am anti-corruption. Unions have brought about many things that have aided the workers including things like workplace safety, employee benefits and protection. If we eliminated the unions then eventually corporate greed would wipe out all the protections that unions have brought about. However, that being said, corruption has found itself into some of the unions as well.

Immie

My sheep comment was a reply to union people being derogatorily called elites.

So striking back with the same kind of a comment wins what?

Immie

That is a complete mis-characterization of what he said. He said that those who think themselves better than others are elitists and quite frankly, that is my understanding of the definition of the word. He did not say they were elite, but that they were elitists.

I have said many times that John Kerry is an elitist. That means he thinks he is better than every one else. That does not mean I think he is better than everyone else. If I did think that I would say he was elite not an elitist meaning that I thought John Kerry was actually in a class above the rest of us rather than just that he thought he was in that class.

You have unintentionally, in my opinion, switched the wording and thus the meaning of what Avatar was trying to say.

Immie

These are his words:

How is that not calling unionized workers the elite?

It is all about context. When you are talking about the 85% of us who are not Union workers. Clearly Union Workers are the Elite among us.

This Debate is one of the Key Reasons I left the Democrat Party. Because they claim to be for the working man, but in actuality they are for the Union Working man. Fuck the rest of us. In fact in many cases they want the rest of us, to pay for the Union workers contracts, oh and shut up about it too.

If you were ever a Democrat you would actually know the name of the party.

Kind of a broad brush there Noose and very inaccurate.

You state that non-union members are "sheep" and all of them listen to millionaires on the radio? Sorry, but by saying so, you have really hurt your argument. Just because we do not belong to a union, (maybe we don't even have one we can belong to) does not mean that we are stupid sheep who only listen to right wing talking heads on the radio.

Unions have played their parts in the development of our country. They have done good in many respects and still can depending on the issues. Unfortunately, it seems to me that unions are suffering in the same way as our country has suffered. The leaders of the unions have gone the way of the politicians of the country and now put their own advancements ahead of those of the workers.

I am not "anti-union". I am anti-corruption. Unions have brought about many things that have aided the workers including things like workplace safety, employee benefits and protection. If we eliminated the unions then eventually corporate greed would wipe out all the protections that unions have brought about. However, that being said, corruption has found itself into some of the unions as well.

Immie

My sheep comment was a reply to union people being derogatorily called elites.

So striking back with the same kind of a comment wins what?

Immie

Yes, I believe in giving back in the manner stuff is given.

You are brainwashed

I have to disagree with you in regards to the highlighted part of this quote.

Take away the checks and balances of the unions and you will find that corporate greed (and the lobbyists dollar) will erode the protections that the unions won oh those many years ago.

Immie

Yes. I think people who think they are superior to others, especially on something as baseless as union membership are elitists.

Stop pretending your superior to the "little people" and you wont have to worry about it.

Be humble and not arrogant for once in your life.

I am not the one who initially put forth the idea that union members are the elite.

Noose. Ive made it clear why i think you are an elitist. You think union membership makes you better than 88% of the workers of this nation. That is by definition an elitist mentality.

Do you think that union workers are better than nonunion workers? Yes or no.

Oh geez, I thought I heard derailing on my way back to my desk lol

But anyways to derail in my own way...........

Immie I'm pro-choice and I think we can find common ground on the issue even with you being pro-life.

My favorite, and frankly the only politician I actually like, Ron Paul is hardcore pro-life and I agree with his views. Make it a state issue, make it so states can determine whether or not they want to be pro-life or pro-choice.

Forum List

Back