What would it be like in a world without money?

eric3742

Rookie
Apr 27, 2011
I wonder what it would be like to live in a country without tangible money. As in say dollar bills or coins. Would it be better if we had no money, only the credits you’re given for being a productive citizen? What would life be like where you didn’t have to be born into a privileged family in order to go to an Ivy League college? What if education was free, all of it, from pre-school to a doctorate’s degree? Would it be so bad if we didn’t have to fight and haggle and leap through pointless hoop after hoop, just to get a job? What if there was one place you had to go to get a job? We could call it the employment agency, only instead of going there whenever you want; you have to come in only when you turn 18 for your initial job, unless for some other reason your job doesn’t work out. No interview, no nothing, you just pick your job and try it out. If you like the job and the supervisor says you're doing okay at the job you can keep it and that will be your job. If you don't like the job just go back to the agency and get a new one. Everyone would get exactly what they need, the extra things you would have to use the credits you would be granted for doing your job, how much you got would be based on how well you do your job, how well you progress through the levels of each job and other such rewarding accomplishments you may happen to do.
Healthcare, food, housing, utilities, clothing, entertainment, education, religious events, hygiene, stress relievers, anything you can think of that the individual human being needs to be a healthy, productive member of society, can and should be free, everyone should get exactly equal opportunity. If he likes to read make him a librarian or a comic book store operator, if she’s smart make her a scientist or a teacher. Whatever he or she chooses to do, you just sign up and give it a try, free. There can even be jobs where a person’s job is to be a group of people’s, technically speaking, watch dog. Kind of a lifetime guidance counselor, they do everything from help people find the right school system, to pick the right classes, to pick the right job for them based on the things they’ve talked about together. Basically jobs to help people make the right choices from the get go instead of forcing everyone to stumble blindly through the dark to find the right direction.
I once heard a saying that said something to the effect of; "You can’t learn something new unless you make mistakes." But my question is why do I have to make the mistake to learn from it?
[/FONT]

I wonder what it would be like to live in a country without tangible money. ?[/font]

Uplaza-+woman+peddler.jpg

Ask this woman!

I wonder what it would be like to live in a country without tangible money. As in say dollar bills or coins. Would it be better if we had no money, only the credits you’re given for being a productive citizen?

It really wouldn't make all that much difference except in the black markets.

What would life be like where you didn’t have to be born into a privileged family in order to go to an Ivy League college?

Bit of an overstament, that, but I get your drift. What if schools didn't reserve LEGACY placements?

It might be a little more fair than it currently is, I'll grant you that.

What if education was free, all of it, from pre-school to a doctorate’s degree?

If that were coupled with a Confuciusian style of examination to advance though schools that would likely create a more meritocratic society.

Would it be so bad if we didn’t have to fight and haggle and leap through pointless hoop after hoop, just to get a job?

Good idea, hard to create such a system without also radically changing pretty much everything else about this society,though. And the potential for corruption in any system that was state run is also obvious.

What if there was one place you had to go to get a job? We could call it the employment agency, only instead of going there whenever you want; you have to come in only when you turn 18 for your initial job, unless for some other reason your job doesn’t work out. No interview, no nothing, you just pick your job and try it out.

Sounds rather inefficient. Theoetically its the employer who knows best what qaulifications needed for most jobs.

If you like the job and the supervisor says you're doing okay at the job you can keep it and that will be your job. If you don't like the job just go back to the agency and get a new one.

The above is the inefficiency of which I wrote in the previous response.

Everyone would get exactly what they need, the extra things you would have to use the credits you would be granted for doing your job, how much you got would be based on how well you do your job, how well you progress through the levels of each job and other such rewarding accomplishments you may happen to do.

Would they? I'd like to believe you, but getting from where we are now, to that utopia seems unlikely.

Healthcare, food, housing, utilities, clothing, entertainment, education, religious events, hygiene, stress relievers, anything you can think of that the individual human being needs to be a healthy, productive member of society, can and should be free, everyone should get exactly equal opportunity.

That would become a very VERY consumptive society. I doubt the planet could handle the waste it would produce.

If he likes to read make him a librarian or a comic book store operator, if she’s smart make her a scientist or a teacher. Whatever he or she chooses to do, you just sign up and give it a try, free.

Cool! I'd like to try my hand at brain surgery for a few weeks.

There can even be jobs where a person’s job is to be a group of people’s, technically speaking, watch dog. Kind of a lifetime guidance counselor, they do everything from help people find the right school system, to pick the right classes, to pick the right job for them based on the things they’ve talked about together. Basically jobs to help people make the right choices from the get go instead of forcing everyone to stumble blindly through the dark to find the right direction.
I once heard a saying that said something to the effect of; "You can’t learn something new unless you make mistakes." But my question is why do I have to make the mistake to learn from it?[/font]

What you want is admirable.

What you want is also UN-DO-ABLE.

What you are describing is a sort of communist utopia.

Human nature sort of makes such a utopia impossible.

There are places in the US that sects of people live within such moderate to minimum measures that it are very much like what your idealistic reasoning is. Perhaps you should look up rural areas and move to a lower income valley and find your own adjustments to be whatever you need them to be. There is an amazing amount of diverse styles of living accommodated here already, why change the system too much more than what time will eventually? :eusa_whistle:

I wonder what it would be like to live in a country without tangible money. As in say dollar bills or coins. Would it be better if we had no money, only the credits you’re given for being a productive citizen? What would life be like where you didn’t have to be born into a privileged family in order to go to an Ivy League college? What if education was free, all of it, from pre-school to a doctorate’s degree? Would it be so bad if we didn’t have to fight and haggle and leap through pointless hoop after hoop, just to get a job? What if there was one place you had to go to get a job? We could call it the employment agency, only instead of going there whenever you want; you have to come in only when you turn 18 for your initial job, unless for some other reason your job doesn’t work out. No interview, no nothing, you just pick your job and try it out. If you like the job and the supervisor says you're doing okay at the job you can keep it and that will be your job. If you don't like the job just go back to the agency and get a new one. Everyone would get exactly what they need, the extra things you would have to use the credits you would be granted for doing your job, how much you got would be based on how well you do your job, how well you progress through the levels of each job and other such rewarding accomplishments you may happen to do.
Healthcare, food, housing, utilities, clothing, entertainment, education, religious events, hygiene, stress relievers, anything you can think of that the individual human being needs to be a healthy, productive member of society, can and should be free, everyone should get exactly equal opportunity. If he likes to read make him a librarian or a comic book store operator, if she’s smart make her a scientist or a teacher. Whatever he or she chooses to do, you just sign up and give it a try, free. There can even be jobs where a person’s job is to be a group of people’s, technically speaking, watch dog. Kind of a lifetime guidance counselor, they do everything from help people find the right school system, to pick the right classes, to pick the right job for them based on the things they’ve talked about together. Basically jobs to help people make the right choices from the get go instead of forcing everyone to stumble blindly through the dark to find the right direction.
I once heard a saying that said something to the effect of; "You can’t learn something new unless you make mistakes." But my question is why do I have to make the mistake to learn from it?
[/FONT]

are you 13? Now understand I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. My initial thought was 8.
Do you understand that free education is not free?
You want a life time guidance counselor? How about you stay living with your mommy 'til you're 50?

are you 13? Now understand I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. My initial thought was 8.
You want a life time guidance counselor? How about you stay living with your mommy 'til you're 50?

Wow, I'm sure glad you have an open mind, what because I don't assume everything is impossible I must be a child. If your gonna call it free education, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING PAY FOR IT. Dumbass. And another thing I was speaking of the dregs we have on the streets out selling drugs, stealing, burglary, muggings, etc. Obviously in your eyes their mothers did a damn fine job with them.
Oh and one more thing it sounds as if you're the one who's 50 and still living with your mother, close-minded retard.

Last edited:

Wow, I'm sure glad you have an open mind, what because I don't assume everything is impossible I must be a child. If your gonna call it free education, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING PAY FOR IT. Dumbass. And another thing I was speaking of the dregs we have on the streets out selling drugs, stealing, burglary, muggings, etc. Obviously in your eyes their mothers did a damn fine job with them.
Oh and one more thing it sounds as if you're the one who's 50 and still living with your mother, close-minded retard.

No such a society exists or has ever existed above a few hundred people. It can't. Human nature won't let it. Someone HAS to be in charge which will create an elite class and WILL cause some to be more powerful then others. Corruption, waste and power all lead to a collapse of your system unless it is small.

There are no Utopias. So long as man runs things there never will be above very small experiments that fail as they grow. Any person out of grade school should have learned this long ago.

If God exists and sends Jesus back as promised then a Heavenly run Government with a single religion and single ruler would have the best chance to work. Of course God will have to weed out all the people unwilling to follow him.

No such a society exists or has ever existed above a few hundred people. It can't. Human nature won't let it. Someone HAS to be in charge which will create an elite class and WILL cause some to be more powerful then others. Corruption, waste and power all lead to a collapse of your system unless it is small.

There is no reason other than human nature that we couldn't form something bigger than the UN, an entire World Government, constantly checking each other from level to level. Like the federal government does to the States, form an entire agency that is dedicated to the world to check the countries, to actively try to make the lives of everyone on the planet a hundred times better. The beauty of being human is that if we think it we CAN do it, it's only a matter of how hard we try. I mean sure your not going to pick up a scalpel and become a brain surgeon just by signing up. But there is no good reason for why the human race is in the condition that it is. We're better than this, I mean terrorists, it's ridiculous. I guess eight to ten thousand years of nearly unending war isn't enough for us, we're just never going to stop killing ourselves for what we don't have and what we don't need.

If God exists and sends Jesus back as promised then a Heavenly run Government with a single religion and single ruler would have the best chance to work. Of course God will have to weed out all the people unwilling to follow him.

And before I forget, if God were going to fix the world, he would have done it already.

It's up to us to fix the world, and if we don't start soon, we may not be able to fix it. Then you better hope God will be there to save your ass, because by then it'll be too late for anything less than a miracle, to fix the damage we've caused in our short reign over this planet.

[/FONT]

:eusa_hand:
That's called communism son, and it doesn't, hasn't, and never will work.

Brilliant, you must be a genius psychologist, who just knows everything about what people are capable of.:clap2:
Besides a communism has everyone getting equal pay for unequal work, my system rewards better work with better incentive. For instance better living conditions, better entertainment, etc.
Now learn to read before you respond.

Brilliant, you must be a genius psychologist, who just knows everything about what people are capable of.:clap2:
Besides a communism has everyone getting equal pay for unequal work, my system rewards better work with better incentive. For instance better living conditions, better entertainment, etc.
Now learn to read before you respond.

Well isn't that the system we have now then?

Forum List

Back