What would happen if?.....

A black person was elected president and picked an all black or majority black cabinet with one white cabinet member?

Considering African Americans make up about 17 percent or so of population? it would seem a little strange.
thats about it.

Why would it? Whites aren't 100 percent of the population and how many 100 percent white cabinets have we had?

A black person was elected president and picked an all black or majority black cabinet with one white cabinet member?

DemoKKKrats would get out their old hoods and outfits from under their beds and try to lynch 'em!! The Pres would then position himself behind Trump for protection.

Greg

The"White House" would get the "Rosewood " treatment...up close and personal.

And the presidents severed head would reside on a stick which would be placed on the front lawn.
Who the fuck is going to do this again?

You do realize that DC is a black city, right?

How do you get away with being so stupid and supposedly mentor grad students?

Considering African Americans make up about 17 percent or so of population? it would seem a little strange.
thats about it.

Why would it? Whites aren't 100 percent of the population and how many 100 percent white cabinets have we had?
Not any since the 60s.

DemoKKKrats would get out their old hoods and outfits from under their beds and try to lynch 'em!! The Pres would then position himself behind Trump for protection.

Greg

You guys are republicans. Am I right?

And the presidents severed head would reside on a stick which would be placed on the front lawn.

So was Rosewood.

Greg

Nope. I'm a Constitutional Monarchist. I consider you lot to be delinquent Colonials. Recall that it was the CMs who abolished slavery before anyone in the US thought it a good idea.

Greg

Greg

Nope. I'm a Constitutional Monarchist. I consider you lot to be delinquent Colonials. Recall that it was the CMs who abolished slavery before anyone in the US thought it a good idea.

Greg

I don't recall things that do not happen.

banner.gif

Digital History
Printable Version
The Democratic Convention of 1924 Previous Next
Digital History ID 3393

In 1924, Democratic prospects in the upcoming presidential election seemed promising. The administration of Republican Calvin Coolidge was rocked by a scandal, the Teapot Dome, which involved secret leasing of the Navy's oil fields to private businesses.
But the Democratic Party was deeply divided. The Democratic Party was an uneasy coalition of diverse elements: Northerners and Southerners, Westerners and Easterners, Catholics and Jews and Protestants, conservative landowners and agrarian radicals, progressives and big city machines, urban cosmopolitans and small-town traditionalists. On one side were defenders of the Ku Klux Klan, prohibition, and fundamentalism. On the other side were northeastern Catholics and Jewish immigrants and their children. A series of issues that bitterly divided the country during the early 1920s were on display at the 1924 Democratic Convention held at Madison Square Garden in New York City from June 24 to July 9, 1924. These issues included prohibition and religious and racial tolerance. The Northeasterners wanted an explicit condemnation of the Ku Klux Klan.

The two leading candidates symbolized a deep cultural divide. Al Smith, New York's governor, was a Catholic and an opponent of prohibition and was bitterly opposed by Democrats in the South and West. Former Treasury Secretary William Gibbs McAdoo, a Protestant, defended prohibition and refused to repudiate the Ku Klux Klan, making himself unacceptable to Catholics and Jews in the Northeast.

Newspapers called the convention a "Klanbake," as pro-Klan and anti-Klan delegates wrangled bitterly over the party platform. The convention opened on a Monday and by Thursday night, after 61 ballots, the convention was deadlocked. The next day, July 4, some 20,000 Klan supporters wearing white hoods and robes held a picnic in New Jersey. One speaker denounced the "clownvention in Jew York." They threw baseballs at an effigy of Al Smith. A cross-burning culminated the event.

Al Smith and William Gibbs McAdoo withdrew from contention after the 99th ballot. On the 103rd ballot, the weary convention nominated John W. Davis of West Virginia, formerly a US Representative from West Virginia, Solicitor General for the United States, and US Ambassador to Britain under President Woodrow Wilson. The nomination proved worthless. Liberals deserted the Democrats and voted for Robert La Follette, a third party candidate. Apathy and disgust kept many home, and just half of those eligible went to the polls. The Democrat candidate, John Davis, received 8 million votes. The Republican candidate, incumbent president Calvin Coolidge, received 15 million votes.

Digital History

Might be able to hide behind the Catholics and Jews.

Greg

Greg

Greg

But they did.

Why was Slavery finally abolished in the British Empire?: The Abolition of Slavery Project

Greg

banner.gif

Digital History
Printable Version
The Democratic Convention of 1924 Previous Next
Digital History ID 3393

In 1924, Democratic prospects in the upcoming presidential election seemed promising. The administration of Republican Calvin Coolidge was rocked by a scandal, the Teapot Dome, which involved secret leasing of the Navy's oil fields to private businesses.
But the Democratic Party was deeply divided. The Democratic Party was an uneasy coalition of diverse elements: Northerners and Southerners, Westerners and Easterners, Catholics and Jews and Protestants, conservative landowners and agrarian radicals, progressives and big city machines, urban cosmopolitans and small-town traditionalists. On one side were defenders of the Ku Klux Klan, prohibition, and fundamentalism. On the other side were northeastern Catholics and Jewish immigrants and their children. A series of issues that bitterly divided the country during the early 1920s were on display at the 1924 Democratic Convention held at Madison Square Garden in New York City from June 24 to July 9, 1924. These issues included prohibition and religious and racial tolerance. The Northeasterners wanted an explicit condemnation of the Ku Klux Klan.

The two leading candidates symbolized a deep cultural divide. Al Smith, New York's governor, was a Catholic and an opponent of prohibition and was bitterly opposed by Democrats in the South and West. Former Treasury Secretary William Gibbs McAdoo, a Protestant, defended prohibition and refused to repudiate the Ku Klux Klan, making himself unacceptable to Catholics and Jews in the Northeast.

Newspapers called the convention a "Klanbake," as pro-Klan and anti-Klan delegates wrangled bitterly over the party platform. The convention opened on a Monday and by Thursday night, after 61 ballots, the convention was deadlocked. The next day, July 4, some 20,000 Klan supporters wearing white hoods and robes held a picnic in New Jersey. One speaker denounced the "clownvention in Jew York." They threw baseballs at an effigy of Al Smith. A cross-burning culminated the event.

Al Smith and William Gibbs McAdoo withdrew from contention after the 99th ballot. On the 103rd ballot, the weary convention nominated John W. Davis of West Virginia, formerly a US Representative from West Virginia, Solicitor General for the United States, and US Ambassador to Britain under President Woodrow Wilson. The nomination proved worthless. Liberals deserted the Democrats and voted for Robert La Follette, a third party candidate. Apathy and disgust kept many home, and just half of those eligible went to the polls. The Democrat candidate, John Davis, received 8 million votes. The Republican candidate, incumbent president Calvin Coolidge, received 15 million votes.

Digital History

Might be able to hide behind the Catholics and Jews.

Greg

I know the history of the democratic party. And it includes the first black president.

Greg

Greg

But they did.

Why was Slavery finally abolished in the British Empire?: The Abolition of Slavery Project

Greg

No they didn't.

When it is said we talk about a history of racist laws and policy many do not understand the full extent of what is meant. According to the 13th Amendment, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, nor any place subject to their jurisdiction."I think people really need to understand the impact of the underlined words. After emancipation, Blacks were arrested, tried, found guilty and sent to prison for crimes such as vagrancy, cussing in front of whites, jaywalking and other minor or non offenses for whites. Because of this, they could be returned to slavery and were. This free labor was called convict leasing. There has been no amendment to change this part of the 13th Amendment meaning that in reality slavery could still exist in America today. After slavery ended:

Employment was required of all freedmen; violators faced vagrancy charges

•Freedmen could not assemble without the presence of a white person

•Freedmen were assumed to be agricultural workers and their duties and hours were tightly regulated

•Freedmen were not to be taught to read or write

•Public facilities were segregated

•Violators of these laws were subject to being whipped or branded.

And sent back into slavery.
Convict leasing was a cruel and inhumane system rife with abuse. Using the laws of the state, blacks were sent to prison and their labor contracted out or leased to individuals or companies. This was free labor no different from slavery. It is an example of how whites have played with the law in order to maintain a system of white racial preference.

In case you did not notice this is a speculation thread, fool, and some posts are half joking. Are you too stupid to see that?

On a serious note, of course DC is a predominantly black city, any elementary school student knows that.....but who commands law enforcement and military personnel? Which demographic is the largest? If this speculation became reality, the black population could be obliterated in the bat of an eye.

Black Wall Street and Rosewood were also predominately black, but were burned and bombed into oblivion long ago.

Think for a change.

Forum List

Back