What Would Happen If Millennials and Young People Turn Out In Record Breaking Numbers?

Would A MASSIVE Turn Out Of Young People Be Good For Democrats or Republicans?

• I'm a Republican, and I think it would be good for the Democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Republican, and I think it would be good for the Republicans

• I'm a Democrat, and I think it would be good for the Democrats

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I think it would be good for the Republicans

• I'm an Independent, and I think it would be good for the Democrats

• I'm an Independent, and I think it would be good for the Republicans

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
What do you guys think would happen if the Millennial and other young folk just break records and come out to vote in November in MASSIVE numbers?

Would that be good for the Democrats or Republicans?

Why/why not?

It would be good for Democrats. Younger voters very consistently poll as more liberal than older voters. Here's one example:

hugLrF1.png

Here's another:

a3Tu0QN.png

Those kinds of splits by age group have been fairly consistent for at least a decade, as has relatively low turnout among those voters. So it seems like a solid conclusion that if you increase turnout for this age group then it will benefit Democratic candidates.

It would be good for the Democrats. Younger voters are usually much more liberal.

It would be good for the Democrats. Younger voters are usually much more liberal.

Right. That's why Nixon won over Humphrey and McGovern in the midst of the campus revolutions of the 60s-70s, when their numbers were comparatively higher than today..

For now, my grandchildren cancel each others votes.

Grandson has been trained to vote for the Left almost since birth.

Granddaughter was allowed to make up her own mind

Send your grandson my regards.

Send your grandson my regards.

Told him before he went to the polls, I didn't care who he voted for, just vote.

Of course, being brainwashed by his parents.....

Then the Dems would win the house and they will cut spending dramatically because they are so worried about the deficit!!!

Most college age kids tend to be liberal until they graduate.

Of course they all have to take the time to vote and many don't bother.

As they don’t historically don’t turn out and vote in midterm elections seems rather irrelevant. They usually vote Democrat when they do vote of course the blue collar workers who usually vote Democrat went for Trump so who knows.

What do you guys think would happen if the Millennial and other young folk just break records and come out to vote in November in MASSIVE numbers?

Why/why not?

What a stupid question

Is water wet?

Why/why not?

You’re an idiot! Of course it would be good for democrats and bad for republicans, but everyone with half a brain already knows this, so what’s the purpose of this thread again?

Dumbass

Most college age kids tend to be liberal until they graduate.

Of course they all have to take the time to vote and many don't bother.

Yup, and then when they reach their thirties they start to understand they’ve been lied to by their teachers and Hollywood

Why/why not?
the bigger question is what if the older voters all come out? hmmmm why don't you dems ever make that statement?

Why/why not?

You’re an idiot! Of course it would be good for democrats and bad for republicans, but everyone with half a brain already knows this, so what’s the purpose of this thread again?

Dumbass

For some reason he thinks a baby can be born a conservative

:cuckoo:

Why/why not?

Dumbass

For some reason he thinks a baby can be born a conservative

:cuckoo:

Yeah, he’s a fucking moron at best. At worst he’s a crack addict/retard

Forum List

Back