what would be?

which camera would you get for a beginner?

FleaMktToyCamera01.jpg

I have a lot of Nikon Digital cameras such as an old Nikon D1, Nikon D50 and a Nikon D300. I think Nikon makes some really good stuff. I would recommend you taking a look at the Nikon D40s. I think you would like that camera and it wouldn't break the bank.

I have a lot of Nikon Digital cameras such as an old Nikon D1, Nikon D50 and a Nikon D300. I think Nikon makes some really good stuff. I would recommend you taking a look at the Nikon D40s. I think you would like that camera and it wouldn't break the bank.

I agree with Black Dog on this, the D-40 is a great camera for the money and will last long enough to be a great backup later when you go pro with a D3x.............. 25 mpxl, 8 grand for the body.

I would also go to a real camera store and hold a number of them, once you buy into a system, you aren't going to want to change because of your investment. Canon makes great equipment and have kicked Nikon's ass in the marketing department but they feel like total shit in my hands, never liked the film versions and don't like the digital ones........ don't like the layout or much of anything else. A Canon may feel great to you since it is your first, then a Nikon will feel strange......... kinda like the Windows/AppleOS argument. I have a Nikon FE, it was my first Nikon after a couple of Pentaxes, I have shot thousands of photos with it and it's a film camera so the film advance lever is always an early problem, this one feels better than the day I bought it, it's 30 years old and has never been touched by a service tech. To be fair, it was made very tough, brass body which you can see where the black paint has worn away where I held it. NASA has been taking Nikon and Hasselblad up in space for decades, when you need something you can count on from space...............

Hope this helped. This is a very good site for reviews.......

Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ

While it does depend on the age, I think you cannot go wrong with a Lumix (Panasonic) DMC-FS8. Good glass (Leica) , good features, auto or manual, not too expensive...

Save the bulky professional-looking cameras for advanced students of photography.

(I am not a Panasonic sales rep.)

New Topics

Forum List

Back