CDZ What would American Culture Be Without Black People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
h huh. Did you also know that Europeans had iron and steel tools? So it's almost just like they invented the Ford F-150......in a very basic way.

The materials and tools available are important factors in what an artist can do.

Do you know why the Ancient Egyptians were so big on bas reliefs? Because the crappy stone they had was to weak to support free standing statues.

Left in African, African musicians would never have learned to play the sax. Because they would not have had that sax.

What ever point you think you're making, you haven't made it.

This topic is a stretch for me, I am not well versed in music.

But the idea that black culture is the only part of American culture that is vibrant and good?

That's absolute nonsense.

And yet you can't seem to articulate an actual rebuttal.

Pointing out that the instruments of Jazz came from Classical music was a good point.

That you dismiss it doesn't change that.

I'm sure more will be coming along.

as well as the diatonic scale

I understand you have a preoccupation with tools.

Seriously? That's your answer?

Do you know what the twelve-key system invented by famous Baroque composer J.S. Bach even is?

You've convinced me, I don't know why I didn't see it before. If you listen carefully you can absolutely hear the classical roots of African American music. Listen to how this one sounds so much like Bach's "The Inventions of Sinfonias."

Pharrell Williams - Happy

You didn't answer the question.

Do you know what the twelve-key system invented by famous Baroque composer J.S. Bach even is?

Why don't you go to Wikipedia real fast so you can tell me about it.

That didn't answer my question,n either.

The OP is yours. You must seem to think it worth discussing. I'm on topic. Why are you not answering a simple yes or no question?

You have yet to present anything like a viable rebuttal to the premise. Did you forget what the thread was about? Maybe you got confused and just posted on the wrong thread by mistake.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.

I highlighted your bullshit bit. These musical genres have roots in Scots-Irish folk music.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.

I highlighted your bullshit bit. These musical genres have roots in Scots-Irish folk music.

Wrong again.

Wrong again.

Of course you don't recognize accuracy with your head shoved up your arse and all.

Most musicians wouldn't have this conversation they would just start jamming, learning from each other regardless of race and bonding over the shared love of music and appreciating what each indivdual brings to the table

True.

Limner wants to deny/minimize the contribution of Whites to American culture though. Thus this thread.

I don't know if Limner is a musician.

He is doing the opposite of what you describe. He is trying to DIVIDE the races, to make music into a racial and partisan conflict.

Considering your posts, it is odd you aren't going after him on this.

Tacit supporters of racism like yourself are apparently no smarter than the obvious bigots.

Wrong again.

Of course you don't recognize accuracy with your head shoved up your arse and all.

Because your posts so consistently raise the standard of excellence on this forum.

Name the number one singer in Africa. Can't name one? Then how great is African music without america? So there must be something about america that makes blacks better. Better athletes scholars and singers.

Your welcome.

Yeah, must be something about America, like slavery and centuries of oppression.

how many centuries has the typical black person been oppressed?

Wrong again.

Because your posts so consistently raise the standard of excellence on this forum.

Much more than yours do, you vulgar twit.

Seriously? That's your answer?

You've convinced me, I don't know why I didn't see it before. If you listen carefully you can absolutely hear the classical roots of African American music. Listen to how this one sounds so much like Bach's "The Inventions of Sinfonias."

The OP is yours. You must seem to think it worth discussing. I'm on topic. Why are you not answering a simple yes or no question?

You have yet to present anything like a viable rebuttal to the premise. Did you forget what the thread was about? Maybe you got confused and just posted on the wrong thread by mistake.

That didn't answer my question, either.

the beauty of it all is there is some truth in that as well

You can't use Bach as an excuse for your bigotry.

Your ridiculous. Mozart has 250 years on Chuck Berry. The Olympics have over 2700 years on Louis Armstrong.

I hope you created your profile as a joke.

We were talking about American culture, you seem a little confused about that.

You raised a valid question.

Unfortunately your dismissal of the influence of classical music shows that you are not serious about considering the answer.

African impact was certainly important in the development of American music and culture.

Without or with greatly lessened African influence, other factors that were present, or that might have replaced such influences would have led to a different development.

BUT, there would have been such development. YOu cannot look at the music of the early 1700s and assume that that would be the whole of the US music scene.

Again, we are talking about American culture.

Yes. And the European music/culture that the English colonists brought with them is obviously important to the development of that culture.

Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

who developed the diatonic scale? :lame2:

Name the number one singer in Africa. Can't name one? Then how great is African music without america? So there must be something about america that makes blacks better. Better athletes scholars and singers.

Your welcome.

Yeah, must be something about America, like slavery and centuries of oppression.

Is this a quiz? I give up, how many?

There are black people in many cultures all over the world. Yes, blacks have contributed a great deal to American culture. But it seems to me, there are those in 'white' America who are some of the worst, if not the worst, racists the planet. And a great many of them are on this board. Great representatives for their ilk: sick, ugly spirited mthrfkrs.
you are what you pretend not to be

Your welcome.

Your welcome.

google is your friend

You can't use Bach as an excuse for your bigotry.
you can't use jazz for yours

Imagine half as many murders, rapes and other violent crimes. Then Imagine a culture that respects education alot more then it currently does.

America would be a great country to live in.

But who would angry white guys hate then? They have to hate somebody.

Hispanics?

if there were no white people who would blacks hate?

Easy peasy. Asians. And White Hispanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back