What would a socially conservative and fiscally liberal political party look like?

Almost everyone I know who bothers to pick a label at all goes with full conservative, full liberal, or socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I've seen what straight down the line conservatism looks like from the GOP in the South. I'm seeing what straight liberalism looks like from the Dems here near the Bay Area. I know the latter is how the libertarians like to describe themselves. But what about the missing one? What would that be like? Wouldn't it combine the best of both systems?

Yeah right, "straight down the line conservatism". It's easy to post a simplistic concept and and pretend that you experienced it and wait for responses. The hard part is to freaking think and define exactly what it means to be socially liberal and or fiscally conservative. Did I make it too hard for you?

What would a socially conservative and fiscally liberal political party look like?

The exact opposite, of what most Americans are.

Much to your chagrin, I'm sure.
Nope, as long as the reactionary witch and book burners are kept in check.
Oh come on, you don't love a good book burning? What if it was "Atlas Shrugged"? Dude, you're an authoritarian from the word "go". You could be the friggin' mascot for the OP's dream party.

Here are some photo's of that party!!

meaningoflife1.jpg
wonvvhggtxptsczqd5ia.jpg
film__10728-monty-python-s-the-meaning-of-life--detail.jpg
tumblr_lb5tqhFGmg1qb9nsso1_500.gif

Oh come on, you don't love a good book burning? What if it was "Atlas Shrugged"? Dude, you're an authoritarian from the word "go". You could be the friggin' mascot for the OP's dream party.
Even that idiot bible for selfish teenage boys I'd allow. It's a Liberal thing.

Maybe. Too bad about the civil liberties though.

Not at all. My people invented them.

Yep. Those were the days.

Still are...

Still are...

Nah... pissing on them doesn't count.

Still are...

Maybe you should speak with real liberals, instead of the make-believe ones in your tiny mind and in that right-winger propaganda you swallow daily? What the heck, take a chance, you might just learn something.

I know of parties that are fiscally conservative, partially social liberal, and partially social conservative. But never heard of one that is fiscally liberal.*

*If by socially liberal, you mean believe in the welfare system, and don't believe in going after 'welfare queens'.

Almost everyone I know who bothers to pick a label at all goes with full conservative, full liberal, or socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I've seen what straight down the line conservatism looks like from the GOP in the South. I'm seeing what straight liberalism looks like from the Dems here near the Bay Area. I know the latter is how the libertarians like to describe themselves. But what about the missing one? What would that be like? Wouldn't it combine the best of both systems?

I think I like socially liberal and fiscally conservative better. It just makes more sense. That pretty much describes my philosophy. I think individual freedoms are very important, which would make me socially liberal, but I feel that fiscally conservative policies. The one thing I disagree with conservative fiscal policies is helping the poor. I've found myself turning further and further away from the conservative ideology in recent years. I could never vote for a conservative because of their stance on social issues, as well as issues related to public assistance and the poor.

Like the GOP under Hastert and W.Bush.

Oh, this Hastert?

Indictment Ex-Speaker Denny Hastert Paid 3.5M In Hush Money Over Prior Misconduct

Ahhh, the GOP: the party of high morals.

:rofl:

topped only by the Democrats.

But there's the rub.

The Democrats never claim to be the party of the highest moral values. We Democrats know that we are all human. Republicans, on the other hand, claim moral superiority and so, when a Republican falls, I laugh all the harder.

Elephants may have long memories, but these Elephants apparently never learn...

Still are...

Maybe you should speak with real liberals, instead of the make-believe ones in your tiny mind and in that right-winger propaganda you swallow daily? What the heck, take a chance, you might just learn something.

That's a good point. And one I generally believe is true. You've never struck me as a real liberal.

Forum List

Back