What would a Newt Gingrich Administration look like?

newt-gingrich-twotime1.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buRO9TSlScQ]Joe Biden calls Jon Corzine for Advice Again - YouTube[/ame]

What would a Newt Gingrich Administration look like?

You’d have the return of the same GOP criminal element and usual suspects from past republican administrations. Of course with Gingrich as top crime boss, devoid of ethics, they’d commit their crimes out in the open.

We know we’d lose an independent judiciary, with judges becoming toadies of Gingrich: rule in a manner he doesn’t like and get hauled before Congress to answer for your ‘crime.’

A Gingrich Administration would be utterly Medieval.

Thank goodness it won't happen.

Gee......I guess we'd have to discuss.....

.....NEWTCARE!

"I asked the congressmen if they’d ever been lobbied by Gingrich. Flake answered that he hadn’t been individually but said that in the Medicare Part D debate, “[GOP congressman] Billy Tauzin brought Newt in as the closer.” Gingrich ended the GOP conference meeting declaring, “If you can’t pass that bill you don’t deserve to govern.”

* Under the MMA, Medicare has been significantly overpaying private plans under Medicare Advantage. In 2005, Medicare overpaid private plans by at least 7% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $2.7 billion. In 2006, overpayment reached 11% per beneficiary, costing taxpayers $4.6 billion.

* Under the MMA, Congress set aside $10 billion for an unnecessary subsidy (or "stabilization fund") to regional PPOs. This year, however, 88% of beneficiaries have access to a regional PPO, before the so-called "stabilization fund" was even tapped--no subsidy was necessary.

* Medicare Part D drug prices are substantially higher than the prices obtained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), which negotiates prices on behalf of consumers. For all of the top 20 drugs prescribed to seniors, the lowest price charged by any Part D plan was higher than the lowest price secured by the VA. Yet Congress refused to let Medicare negotiate directly with the drug companies, as the VA does.

Bottom line: this report shows that, unfortunately for consumers and taxpayers, the MMA has not even come close to meeting the high expectations set for it by Congress. Consumers are getting hurt and taxpayers fleeced, while insurance companies and drug manufacturers are raking in money faster than they can count it. Congress needs to move away from this deeply flawed privatization model, and instead focus on strengthening Medicare.

Last edited:
Im not convinced we will find out. He has to beat Romney, Paul, and Santorum first. and I dont think he will.

hehehe, just for the fun of it.

911 Newt won the election and Palin is Secretary of State....

OMG

911 are you there

911 are you there

I think Sarah Palin is cool. I would love to see her as part of the next Repo administration.

Forum List

Back