What would a John Kerry world be like?

• Thread starter paul silverstei
  • Start date
P

paul silverstei

I was wondering what John Kerry's foreign policy would look like. Sure, he wants us to cuddle with the French and Germans, but what else is there to it? What a fool. There's a good article on the topic, at opeds.com. It's pretty interesting. :mad: There goes the American empire if Kerry wins! question: [/SIZE]

while this does mention some foreign policy issues, this belongs in political races as a better forum.

welcome to the boards.

Dang and nobody told me. Where are our colonies so I can head there to exploit some folks and enrich myself? Always the last to know dagnabbit!!!

A John Kerry world? Look at Southeast asia after we pulled out of Vietnam.

A great read:

" A Republic, Not an Empire", by Pat Buchanan. A detailed explanation of a thing called " Washingtonian Foreign Policy", which served our nation very well in the first 120 years of it's existence. Washigton did not even speak of foreign " alliances". Rather, he used the term, " entanglements". His three requirements for involving America in foreign entanglements were these:

1. They should be few.
2. They should be short in duration.
3. They should, above all, serve American interests.

What a refreshing change THAT would be! I'm not advocating isolationism by any means - far from it, in fact. But a little bit of common sense in our dealings with the world would be a welcome relief.

i think there is an interesting paradox here... a george bush win would have a 2nd term foreign policy close to what kerry has been advocating... a john kerry win would be a basic continuation of a lot of bush's foreign policy.

america is not going to get out of iraq any time soon.

america is not going to be able to stop north korea any time soon.

america is not going to be able to spread democracy across the mideast in a tidal wave, more like a slow crawl that will take more than 10 years at the least.

america is not going to give the euros everything, at the most bush or kerry will make concessions in several really light areas, there really isn't much we can offer them. past is the past, damage is done however you see it.

america is not going to change the improvements bush has made in the foreign aid and military aid fields... the largest change kerry would make might be to cut off saudi arabia more than it already is and pressure pakistan to open up more.

sorry doomsday kerry haters and bush haters, the world is not going to end in the next 4 years and what bush has commited america to and changed in america's foreign policy will not be changed in 4 years, not even 6.

Excellent, Kathianne. Thank you. I've said it before - to the true liberal, there IS no right or wrong - only what does or doesn't advance the liberal agenda. They are truly soulless bastards.

One of my favorite pieces of liberal whimsy - first uttered by Bill Clinton, I believe - is, "I want to keep abortion safe, legal, and rare." Perfect. The baldfaced lie fairly jumps out of this statement:

If abortion is not, in and of itself, reprehensible, then who cares whether it's RARE or not??!!!

Forum List

Back