What with all this talk of homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreamingEagle said:
Gays never even have the POTENTIAL to have biological kids together like some men and women with various problems do. All the other ways that gays "have" children are just substitutes for the real thing. They can never have a truly natural family together.

I have 2 words for you: So what?

Nature does not tell us what should be. It merely shows what is. Chemotherapy and radiation treatment for cancer is not natural, but it sure helps. Hurricanes are natural, but they sure do much damage.

GotZoom said:
These "Girls Gone Wild" women aren't parading down main street in your local town showing off their accomplishments.

They also aren't lobbying the government for equal rights when it comes to marriage and benefits.

I could not have said it better than Abbey did.

Traditional values, Jillian. Bottom line is that we should strive for traditional values, teach our children traditiional values, and tolerate nothing less from ANYONE except traditional values.

What's a "traditional" value? Women as chattel? That's "traditional". Blacks as second class citizens? That's traditional. How about fairness and compassion? Those are good values, though I think they've been used far too infrequently to be considered "traditional".

The other thing is that it seems to me that in its current form, "traditional values" or "family values" are really synonymous with "Christian values". Now, there's much to take from the Christian faith that is good... but the same is true about values which can be taken from other faiths. That isn't the issue, though. The issue is that I don't want my government telling me what my "values" should be. Government should govern... I don't need government to be the thought police.

And those girls? You know what my point was.... it was applying different standards to homosexual and heterosexual behavior. No one's saying those girls shouldn't breed or be able to marry... though might be a good thing if someone did.

1549 said:
So you want to fight sin with sin? You want to oppress and belittle the gays by taking away their right to live happy and normal lives. But it is ok because this treatment is done in the name of Christianity?

Do as the good book says: love your neighbors. Judging is a privilege reserved for God...not the Christian right.
You're wasting your breath, man. At least you do have a good point.

ScreamingEagle said:
Fight sin with sin? What sin? It's not a sin to not legalize gay marriage.

We are not "taking away" any gay "rights".

And for your info, two "married" men is not "normal". That is why the Bible condemns it...it is a judgement based in long-time knowledge. Just look at the havoc that homosexuality is causing in today's world.
I just love this argument. The fact is, not all of us follow The Bible or Christianity or Judaism and the Torah or Islam and the Koran. That's what makes us so special in the USA. We have the power of choice. We can't cater to every single person's whim, but just because the majority wants to oppress the minority based on religious beliefs does not mean its right.

Kagom said:
I just love this argument. The fact is, not all of us follow The Bible or Christianity or Judaism and the Torah or Islam and the Koran. That's what makes us so special in the USA. We have the power of choice. We can't cater to every single person's whim, but just because the majority wants to oppress the minority based on religious beliefs does not mean its right.

You're not a victim. Nobody's oppressing you. Get over yourself.

Hobbit said:
You're not a victim. Nobody's oppressing you. Get over yourself.
I consider denying people the right to be happy when it doesn't have a negative consequence for anyone to be oppressive. I myself am not saying I'm oppressed, at least not anymore. But as a whole in the issue of gay marriage: we are oppressed.

Kagom said:
I consider denying people the right to be happy when it doesn't have a negative consequence for anyone to be oppressive. I myself am not saying I'm oppressed, at least not anymore. But as a whole in the issue of gay marriage: we are oppressed.

Marriage is not a right. Being happy is not a right. Once again, get over yourself.

Yay! Another gays are normal thread. I guess there never IS an end to pro-gay nimrods trying to blow smoke up everyone's asses.

Guess that's better than what Fred the Fairy wants to do with our asses.

jillian said:
As opposed to all those "wholesome" heterosexuals in the Girls Gone Wild videos and who can be so very proud of their "accomplishments"?

Since when has immorality been a good excuse for other peoples immorality.

The fact is those people in those videos are probably best friends of the ones marching. Most people dont act that way though.

Kagom said:

Bullshit--get "bonded", "banded", " togethered" , etc. I don't give a damn what you wanna call it. Marriage has been taken by heterosexuals. Get creative and make up you own thing. That's what the protestants did when they got fed up with Catholicism.

jillian said:
Well, "being" happy isn't a right. But the pursuit of happiness is, no? Or does that not apply to gay folk unless they pretend they're straight?
How about they not speak of their sexual proclivities? Same as I expect of heteros? :cool:

jillian said:
Well, "being" happy isn't a right. But the pursuit of happiness is, no? Or does that not apply to gay folk unless they pretend they're straight?

Gays refuse to be happy unless we call what they want to do marriage? They need to get thier OWN DAMN INSTITUTON! Marriage is taken. Find another word--how complicated is that?

jillian said:

They're willing to pursue happiness in any way that they want, but what they're asking for is the U.S. government to make special concessions to make it easier. You know, I'm often not very happy, and there's plenty of stuff the government can do to make it easier for me to be happy, but I don't expect them to because it's not their job. If gays really want all the rights of marriage (and some that are imagined that married couples don't actually get), they can file for power of attorney and make a will. Then, all they're missing is the tax break, which will become obselete if and when the Fair Tax gets passed (which it probably will). Boohoohoo, a little paperwork for a couple of legal concessions. Cry me a river. What they're really going for is government sponsored legitimacy, which is petty, childish, and wrong.

Hobbit said:
They're willing to pursue happiness in any way that they want, but what they're asking for is the U.S. government to make special concessions to make it easier. You know, I'm often not very happy, and there's plenty of stuff the government can do to make it easier for me to be happy, but I don't expect them to because it's not their job. If gays really want all the rights of marriage (and some that are imagined that married couples don't actually get), they can file for power of attorney and make a will. Then, all they're missing is the tax break, which will become obselete if and when the Fair Tax gets passed (which it probably will). Boohoohoo, a little paperwork for a couple of legal concessions. Cry me a river. What they're really going for is government sponsored legitimacy, which is petty, childish, and wrong.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hobbit again.

Hobbit said:
Boohoohoo, a little paperwork for a couple of legal concessions. Cry me a river. What they're really going for is government sponsored legitimacy, which is petty, childish, and wrong.

If it's such a small thing, then let it happen. No big deal, right?

dilloduck said:
Gays refuse to be happy unless we call what they want to do marriage? They need to get thier OWN DAMN INSTITUTON! Marriage is taken. Find another word--how complicated is that?

Who died and made you God? I'm hetro, I don't mind them using the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back