What with all this talk of homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissileMan said:
Let's talk about facts. Homosexuals can indeed have children, just not with each other. A lesbian can have herself artificially insemenated and have her own baby. A homosexual male can donate into a cup and hire a surrogate mother to carry a baby. So along with my original reason to drop the "they can't have children" argument, there is now this one. Between the two, your argument is nulled.

Yep, but, so what? AND...how many choose not to?

There are many who are born sterile, so no, I must disagree.

Probably

My question was "what if it is never treatable?"

Who are you trying to convince that your motives aren't strictly religious? To say it's anything else is Clinton-esque dishonesty and you know it. By the way, what was wrong with my alternative?

Well, I'm glad you admit that gays cannot have biological children TOGETHER. I'd really hate to have to explain the birds and the bees to you. :D

Gays never even have the POTENTIAL to have biological kids together like some men and women with various problems do. All the other ways that gays "have" children are just substitutes for the real thing. They can never have a truly natural family together.

The natural order of things has everything to do with mother/father/baby....the basic family unit of Man....not father/father/baby without mother or mother/mother/baby without father.

Attempting to change the natural order only backfires on Man. It used to be that parents had lots of children. Today the order is totally flipped and children now have lots of parents. Is that better? Of course not. Divorce hurts them. Single motherhood is hard on them. The family unit is natural in that it exists to protect children. The experiment with gay marriage in the Netherlands proves that it is resulting in more and more of out of wedlock children as marriage becomes less and less important to people. Is that protecting the children? Of course not. This has nothing to do with religion.

Your alternative? Civil unions are just a "substitute" marriage....you know they are only a political temporary fix and step toward pushing marriage...what's the big difference between them anyway?

ScreamingEagle said:
No, dumbo. That they be treated like any other birth defect...such as a heart murmur or a cleft palate....like fix it.
You missed the point. As usual.

ScreamingEagle said:
The experiment with gay marriage in the Netherlands proves that it is resulting in more and more of out of wedlock children as marriage becomes less and less important to people. Is that protecting the children? Of course not. This has nothing to do with religion.

Really? How can you claim this correlation when right here in the U.S. where same sex marriages aren't allowed, the number of single mothers and children out of wedlock has been on the rise for years (decades?). I'll tell you what I see. I see a desperate grasping at the smallest of straws to maintain a prejudice against homosexuals. And when this grasping has proven to be fruitless amd one is left empty-handed, the fall-back position is ______________________ ?(fill in the blank)

ScreamingEagle said:
Your alternative? Civil unions are just a "substitute" marriage....you know they are only a political temporary fix and step toward pushing marriage...what's the big difference between them anyway?

I think that most people have no objection to gay couples getting the legal status of "spouse". I also doubt that gays are hung up on having their unions referred to as marriages.

roomy said:
What causes people to be prejudiced against gay men?

Well I don't know about you... but THIS is what makes ME prejudice...

2.jpg

Said1 said:
Not another thread about queers. Say it ain't so. :duh3:

well what do you expect? when a few people in society try to force something on the majority like this, most people arent going to be silent about it. of course its going to make some noise.

Powerman said:
I guess I've just never been a victim of homosexuals "shoving their lifestyle" in my face

People point to things such as gay shows and say "look! They're showing their gay lifestyle in my face!"

Maybe if those same people weren't the dumbest people that ever lived they would realize that the people who put the show on the air are trying to make money and are targeting their programming toward a specific group of people.

If you think that things such as Queer Eye for the Straight guy are examples of homosexuals shoving their homosexuality in your face then you might LITERALLY be the worst person who ever lived.

Actually you are as victim of it as we speak. but rather than acknowledge that youd rather grab the ankles and thank them afterwards.

Any group of individuals trying to errode the Democratic system is victimizing the American people.

MissileMan said:
Really? How can you claim this correlation when right here in the U.S. where same sex marriages aren't allowed, the number of single mothers and children out of wedlock has been on the rise for years (decades?). I'll tell you what I see. I see a desperate grasping at the smallest of straws to maintain a prejudice against homosexuals. And when this grasping has proven to be fruitless amd one is left empty-handed, the fall-back position is ______________________ ?(fill in the blank)

Why can't we claim that further destruction of marriage and the family will occur if the U.S. allows gay marriage? Just because we already have a high divorce rate? All that means is, if things are bad now, they will only get worse. We are watching the negative effects of gay marriage in the Netherlands right now. If anybody is desperate here it's you pro-gay marriage people...your arguments are mostly based just upon your bleeding hearts. Too bad for you they are falling on mostly deaf ears these days. Americans have been willing to be tolerant of gays, but not willing to go much beyond that and I think the more we are pushed the more we will push back.

MissileMan said:
I think that most people have no objection to gay couples getting the legal status of "spouse". I also doubt that gays are hung up on having their unions referred to as marriages.

If "most people" have no objection you would see civil unions in a lot more states than just three, two of which only have civil unions as a result of court rulings, not by any vote of the people.

Whether people will object to civil unions or not remains to be seen, however many states have already voted for banning gay marriage. Civil unions must be voted for-- or decreed:wtf: -- on a state by state basis and rights and responsibilities can vary widely from state to state. Civil unions of one state are not recognized by another state the way marriages are. The Federal government also does not recognize civil unions for tax purposes. I doubt that gays are going to want to stop short with civil unions.

TheClayFoot said:
You missed the point. As usual.
It musta been so clever it musta flew clean over my head. :scratch:
As usual.

Bonnie said:
roomy, I could care less what sexual proclivities anyone has, I have a good male friend from childhood who is gay and have some acquaintances the same. I have no fear of becoming gay associating with them, they are great people and good friends. And I can also tell you that my good friend is Catholic and fully accepts what the church teaches regarding homosexuality, so therefore he doesn't hate the church, or talk badly about Catholics or Christians he simply accepts that he is making a choice in his life, he doesn't blame society, he doesn't blame his parents, the church, his hormones or his genetics. He keeps his love life business private, doesn't shove his homosexuality in anyone's face, doesn't expect them to change laws for him, he would never advocate back door brainwashing of young school children into thinking homosexuality is just fine and normal. He just wants to deal with his life the way he wants to, he does the best he can with his religion and how he comes to terms with his sexuality.

I suspect most of society would have no problem with homosexuality if most behaved like him, but rather many seem to take joy in shocking people and or shaming society into not only accepting but approving of their lifestyle. When they do that they are making their lifestyle other people's problem and that's not going to wash no matter how much the gay community attacks religion, attacks morality, attacks the intelligence of those opposed to them, attempts to take charge of other people's children's morality through very transparent books being placed into school ciriculum against parents wishes.

What an awesome post, Bonnie.

:clap1: :thup: :clap: :mm: :bow2: :salute: :beer: :thewave:

I don't care what people do behind closed doors. But then it is thrown into everyone's faces...therein is where the problem is.

Yeah..things like this will make people rally for their cause:

322273.jpg

322276.jpg

322287.jpg

319640.jpg

men6.jpg

jillian said:
Yeah...gays are great so long as they're in the closet. Will be interesting to see what happens if Mychal Judge is made a Saint. Kinda outs 'em.

No, gays are NOT great. Individual people can be great - for other reasons.

Abbey Normal said:
GZ, a picture truly is worth a thousand words. I'm imagining a little boy or girl, standing on the sidelines, watching "Daddy" parade by in his sausage casing.

As opposed to all those "wholesome" heterosexuals in the Girls Gone Wild videos and who can be so very proud of their "accomplishments"?

jillian said:
As opposed to all those "wholesome" heterosexuals in the Girls Gone Wild videos and who can be so very proud of their "accomplishments"?

BOTH need to go....at least from public view.

jillian said:

Pointing out other poor behavior does not lessen the crudeness and sex-obsessed public spectacle seen in these pictures. On the other hand, maybe they are just showing the world who they really are?

Perhaps you can take your child to one of these parades and show him/her some of the beautiful "diversity" you libs are so fond of.

Though the girls in the "Wild" videos are generally rather young, these are grown men who one might hope to have matured some. But go on and show me where I have supported any public sexual crude behavior. I'd like to see it.

Abbey Normal said:
Pointing out other poor behavior does not lessen the crudeness and sex-obsessed public spectacle seen in these pictures. On the other hand, maybe they are just showing the world who they really are?

Perhaps you can take your child to one of these parades and show him/her some of the beautiful "diversity" you libs are so fond of.

Though the girls in the "Wild" videos are generally rather young, these are grown men who one might hope to have matured some. But go on and show me where I have supported any public sexual crude behavior. I'd like to see it.

I wouldn't take my son to that parade either. My point was that bad behavior exists on both sides of the sexual divide and tarring all gays with the same brush because some are flamboyant and crude is no different from assessing all heterosexual behavior based on the crude and sex-obsessed public spectacle shown in those videos.

jillian said:
I wouldn't take my son to that parade either. My point was that bad behavior exists on both sides of the sexual divide and tarring all gays with the same brush because some are flamboyant and crude is no different from assessing all heterosexual behavior based on the crude and sex-obsessed public spectacle shown in those videos.

There is no shortage of immorality, lewdness, or blatant sexuality in this country, and I have posted numerous times about how sad that is. Happily, there are thousands of parades in this country every year that manage to not have the spotlight on everyone's penis. Yet it appears that whenever gays parade, that is the most common sight. One might even suppose it is the raison d'etre for the parade. Curious, isn't it?

If it bothers you enough to keep your son from it, perhaps you should be a strong supporter of traditional values. Something to think about. ;)

These "Girls Gone Wild" women aren't parading down main street in your local town showing off their accomplishments.

They also aren't lobbying the government for equal rights when it comes to marriage and benefits.

I could not have said it better than Abbey did.

Traditional values, Jillian. Bottom line is that we should strive for traditional values, teach our children traditiional values, and tolerate nothing less from ANYONE except traditional values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back