What will you have to give up in order to afford your Obamatax ?

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
If you don't have a healthcare plan and intend to pay the tax, what will you need to give up in order to be able to pay the bill ?
Your deluxe smartphone plan ?
Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

If you don't have a healthcare plan and intend to pay the tax, what will you need to give up in order to be able to pay the bill ?
Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

if it's just a 700 tax/fine I wont give up anything, I don't have insurance now, and I will still get a refund even after the Fine. If I have to buy insurance, even with the Help they give, it will mean 4 to 5 grand out of pocket a year, that I simply do not have. Mandating I do something I cant afford is not helping me do it.

The proverbial "elephant in the room" is the fact that there is no mechanism in the Obamacare law to collect the "penalty tax" for non-participation.

No power to seize property.
No power to put liens on property.
No power to garnish wages.
No provision to "criminalize" non-payers.

The "penalty tax" is absolutely UNENFORCEABLE.

I have to be honest. The penalty tax is a non issue for me. Im more worried about the damage this bill as a total will do overall to our nation. Will small businesses like mine withstand if the economy further tanks as a result of it. Will future clients have the money to hire me?

Dont get me wrong, the penalty is a crock but it wont affect me or my client base. Killing the bill as a whole is far more important than focussing all of our attention on one aspect of it.

Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

Whereas, before, people without a healthcare plan were just mooching off the rest of us if they got really sick.

So, in essence, we were paying for their Cable TV, internet connection, etc, etc..

I have to be honest. The penalty tax is a non issue for me. Im more worried about the damage this bill as a total will do overall to our nation. Will small businesses like mine withstand if the economy further tanks as a result of it. Will future clients have the money to hire me?

Dont get me wrong, the penalty is a crock but it wont affect me or my client base. Killing the bill as a whole is far more important than focussing all of our attention on one aspect of it.

Does your business have over 50 employees?

• Banned
The proverbial "elephant in the room" is the fact that there is no mechanism in the Obamacare law to collect the "penalty tax" for non-participation.

No power to seize property.
No power to put liens on property.
No power to garnish wages.
No provision to "criminalize" non-payers.

The "penalty tax" is absolutely UNENFORCEABLE.

Hey, I have this great beach front condo in Utah, it overlooks Diamond Head !
I could really use some cash, so this is a one time offer to let it go really cheap !

Does your business have over 50 employees?

Nope. And I get where you are going but thats not my point. This bill has much larger implications.

• Banned

In the long run I agree, but for the next several years there are going to be a lot of questions. Once you begin a whole new entitlement, it will only grow and who knows how it's going to be paid for.

'If it was a tax, we'd call it a tax. Its a penalty" ... Willard the Rat

Sure is fun watching the rw's twist themselves into pretzels and all because they want to freeload off those , probably Dems, who pay for their own health care insurance.

Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

I currently have a job that curently provides HC ins.

If they drop it, I will have to pay the fine

excuse me, pay the tax for not buying something.

:lol:

Only liberals could pass a tax on nothing.

Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

Whereas, before, people without a healthcare plan were just mooching off the rest of us if they got really sick.

So, in essence, we were paying for their Cable TV, internet connection, etc, etc..

And the lazy, good for nothing rw's want to keep it that way.

Fact is, the right talks a good game but when you get right down to it, they want to steal other people's money. Watching the rw show over the health care act is proof of that.

Sure is fun watching the rw's twist themselves into pretzels and all because they want to freeload off those , probably Dems, who pay for their own health care insurance.

It's a TAX WILLIARD, just ask JOHN

Cable TV ?
Internect connection ?
Movie dates ?
Car insurance ?

And the lazy, good for nothing rw's want to keep it that way.

Fact is, the right talks a good game but when you get right down to it, they want to steal other people's money. Watching the rw show over the health care act is proof of that.

Why did the Dems have to be bribed to get enough votes to pass it?

Nope, it's a tax. That's the only way the SCOTUS could deem it constitutional.
Your side now wears it around your necks. Prepare for it to be turned into a noose.

Forum List

Back