What will you do if he doesnt win?

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
He being, whoever you are rooting for. Will anything change in your life? Will it have any real effect on you? Will you avoid the boards for awhile? It seems both sides are supremely confident, so i except a decent amount of crowing from whoever wins.

Hannity's ratings Will go up.again just like he first time Obama won in 2008.

If Romney and the Republicans win, I will have to worry whether or not I will be able to keep my health insurance, or if I will be dumped by the insurance companies again due to my pre-existing condition. When I moved out of state, I could not find an insurance company to offer me insurance. Now I have it again, thanks to the ACA. But the Republicans want to dismantle that, and I doubt they will have any plan of their own.

He being, whoever you are rooting for. Will anything change in your life? Will it have any real effect on you? Will you avoid the boards for awhile? It seems both sides are supremely confident, so i except a decent amount of crowing from whoever wins.

Who, Obama? I'll be bummed honestly, but I will certainly enjoy the chance to do what the cons have been doing for the last 4 years and bitch and moan about everything he does.

I'd also like to see the GOP get a taste of their own medicine, we'll see how well they do when the tables are turned and everything they try to do is blocked by congress. (which, of course, is what the GOP has been doing to Obama for quite some time now)

Third, i'm curious how Romney will cap federal spending at 20% of the GDP while leaving medicare, SS, and defense spending untouched. My prediction if Romney wins, it's just bush all over. He'll probably try to jumpstart the economy by going to war with Iran.

edit: also worried about pell grants, not too crazy about having to pay for an extra $7,000.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldnt worry about the ACA. I dont think Romney can repeal it even if he gets elected, however if he does, hes promised to enact romneycare and so far everything hes said about makes it sound exactly like the ACA. *shrug*

Who, Obama? I'll be bummed honestly, but I will certainly enjoy the chance to do what the cons have been doing for the last 4 years and bitch and moan about everything he does.

I'd also like to see the GOP get a taste of their own medicine, we'll see how well they do when the tables are turned and everything they try to do is blocked by congress. (which, of course, is what the GOP has been doing to Obama for quite some time now)

Third, i'm curious how Romney will cap federal spending at 20% of the GDP while leaving medicare, SS, and defense spending untouched. My prediction if Romney wins, it's just bush all over. He'll probably try to jumpstart the economy by going to war with Iran.
I think the Iran issue is the only issue that could cause me to vote for Romney or Obama, as wars have a direct effect on my family.

I think the Iran issue is the only issue that could cause me to vote for Romney or Obama, as wars have a direct effect on my family.

All I know about wars is that most of them are a waste of time, money, and lives. While I did support our going to war in Afghanistan and Iraq, looking back, it was obviously a wasted effort. We gained absolutely nothing with these two wars. Both of my sons are considering joining the military, but they are now hesitating because they are beginning to understand that those two wars had nothing to do with protecting the United States.

I'll stay away from the boards either way because once the decision is made, there is no point in debating.

If Obama wins, I think the economy will go further into a nose dive because there won't be any consumer confidence. He's promising the moon and stars to the government dependents and it's going to get bad. Republicans won't riot or cause trouble, but you can expect people to start planning their own futures and trying to protect what money they have left.

If Romney wins, I fully expect rioting in the cities and screams of racism. Things are bad now and will be for a while, but if enough Republicans are elected, Obamacare will be repealed. That needs to go back to the drawing board.

If Obama wins? I keep going on with my life as it has been. Fairly comfortable and happy.

If Mittens wins? I'm going to pray really hard for a meteor strike right above the top of my house that takes out at least as much as Meteor Crater over in AZ.

IMO, most of the rightwingers will either commit suicide or start gunning down random people.

The lefties will merely regroup.

I'm not rooting for anyone, because they both suck. At my house, we will probably go on enduring them the way we have for the past 12 years.

I honestly wouldnt worry about the ACA. I dont think Romney can repeal it even if he gets elected, however if he does, hes promised to enact romneycare and so far everything hes said about makes it sound exactly like the ACA. *shrug*

He is going to give waivers to every state and leave it up to the states weather or not they want it. THE WAY it should have gone in the first place.

What am I gonna do? First thing will be to tune in the Morning Joe lefties on MSNBC and watch them wallow in tears, disbelief, etc. that their beloved boy is heading back to Chicago come January.

Forum List

Back