what will white do with lesnar??

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
LAS VEGAS -- Brock Lesnar walked into the UFC less than 18 months ago with little more than a scant few months of training, a wicked tongue and an unshakable faith in his physical gifts. And even after losing his UFC debut to Frank Mir, he was the organization's heavyweight champion within nine months.

And now, after avenging that loss to Mir, the world will start to wonder just who can stop the goliath king. Lesnar dominated Mir from start to finish in scoring a second-round TKO at UFC 100.

Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his ass, I told him that a year ago," Lesnar said shortly after winning. "I pulled that SOB out and beat him over the head with it."

The comments, like many others, didn't win the champ any favor with the crowd, who gave him a mixed reception upon his entrance, but showered him with boos after he continued his verbal barrage at Mir seconds after the fight was called, with Mir on the mat bloodied and hurt.

The behavior enraged Mir's corner, including his father, who screamed at Lesnar from behind the cage. The sold-out crowd at the Mandalay Bay Events Center also let their disdain be heard. Neither seemed to bother Lesnar, who flipped the crowd the double-bird before the final decision was announced.

"I love it," he said to the crowd. "Keep going. Keep going."

Lesnar might have won a few fans back after intentionally badmouthing one of UFC's major sponsors. "I'm going to go home and drink a Coors Light," he said, then repeated, "Coors Light, because Bud Light wont pay me nothing."

It should be noted Lesnar came into the post-fight press conference with a Bud Light. He also apologized for his behavior, saying he let his emotions get the best of him, and that he had no problem with Mir other than that he held a grudge against Mir for beating him the first time.

Mir actually started off the second round strongly, landing a hard left, a knee to the body and a knee to the head. But on the last of the moves, he slipped, giving Lesnar an opening to take him down. From there, Lesnar controlled Mir and pounded him with punches from the side. Mir blocked the first few, but Lesnar kept firing and eventually penetrated the defense with bad intentions. After a long series of strikes, referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the contest at 1:28 of the second round.

Mir, who came into the contest as the UFC interim heavyweight champ after beating Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, left bloodied and bruised.

"I'll be back," he said.

In the welterweight championship match, Georges St. Pierre overcame Thiago Alves' kickboxing prowess by keeping him in a position where he couldn't use it: on his back. GSP managed takedown after takedown in grinding out a five-round decision over the young but game Brazilian striker.

St. Pierre (19-2) easily received the largest ovation of the night during his pre-fight introduction and heard the fans chant his famous initials several times throughout the 25-minute systematic win.

Afterward, St. Pierre said he suffered an injured adductor muscle during the contest, but was able to plow through. Now, the next question for the Montreal native is whether or not he will move up in weight class to challenge middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva. It didn't sound like he was in a rush to do so.

Brock Lesnar Retains Crown With TKO, Loses Fans With Post-Fight Words -- MMA FanHouse

has the ufc lost it...will dana white allow lesnar to continue...will bud light remain the sponsor? is this really acceptable behavior at a sporting event?

If I was Lesnar I would have jumped in the audience and started pummling my fans.

But then I am an idiot who has never understood PR.

Last edited:
fans you can do that too...sponsors...no.....

Fuck that! Normally I would agree but Lesner is never going to be a beloved champion, so I think Dana and Brock are going the opposite route. If you aren't going to love him, then hate him.

He's like Clubber Lang on Rocky.

And by the way, the only person who can even come close to Lesner in the ring is Fedor, and he's not in the UFC.

Dana, poney up and pay Fedor whatever he wants. If he wants to fight in other leagues, let him.

But Dana doesn't want Fedor embarrassing another one of his champions. He's already beat 2 or 3 of them.

Forum List

Back