What will we expect out of Bill Clinton at the DNC?

Olivia

Nov 3, 2011
I had a conversation with that question. He's kinda in a pickle being that he is close to Bush 1, but moreso talking points on the budget. Recently Obama over turned his Welfare reform law. What are you expecting from him to accomplish - no matter what your political stance is?

Dunno.. this recent revelation is a gem..
Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillay Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' | The Weekly Standard

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillay Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' | The Weekly Standard

I don't think that is relevant tbh. What will he say to help Obama, but in the same sense keep his integrity?

I don't think that is relevant tbh. What will he say to help Obama, but in the same sense keep his integrity?

Interesting question.

It'll be fun to watch, knowing the disdain he has for Obama.

Interesting question.

It'll be fun to watch, knowing the disdain he has for Obama.

It will be fun to watch, our overall conclusion is that when we see Bill Clinton we are reminded of better times and a better POTUS, which has nothing to do with today's time and needs.

Also, the specifics of his speech will have to be bland, neutral, and altered. I am not even sure if it will help or hurt Obama.

Forum List

Back