What Will They Learn?

I find this article somewhat questionable after reading it.

Most of the colleges and universities I've been affiliated with, or that I have colleagues at, have some sort of "Core" requirements involving required hours of Mathematics, Laboratory Science, Theoretical Science, English Composition, English Literature, History, and Social Studies. Most also require Foreign Language (which many students test out of thanks to foreign language education in high schools).

I think they cherry picked schools and programs a bit here. I have seen some administrator approved substitutions, but those are usually pretty rare and not institutionalized options as they make things sound in the article.

I'd also add that Higher Education is aware of and concerned about the statistics mentioned on the topic of reading and writing. Higher level courses (300 and 400 level) are being redesigned at nearly ever school I know to include more reading and writing as part of semester long projects.

They'll learn that college graduates make more money over their lifetimes than non college graduates.

They'll learn that college graduates make more money over their lifetimes than non college graduates.

Yeah ... I know a few college graduates ... besides the ones who keep fucking up the networks I get called in to fix (I'm a highschool dropout to ;)) ... they work are Starbucks. :lol:

Forum List

Back