What will their excuse be?

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
So, now that republicans have won it all they will repeal ACA the first day the new Congress is in session, right?

So, now that republicans have won it all they will repeal ACA the first day the new Congress is in session, right?

We both know that's not going to happen.

In fact, I doubt they do much of anything material to change the ACA period.

They'll slap some lipstick on it, spin it like it's a major overhaul, and then take the "credit".

Toldja so. Their main objection is that, in the popular imagination (not something Obama himself or anyone in his administration said) it became known as "Obamacare."

As long as sick people can't be bankrupted or sent home to die, the lipstick is only important to petulant children.

We both know that's not going to happen.

In fact, I doubt they do much of anything material to change the ACA period.

They'll slap some lipstick on it, spin it like it's a major overhaul, and then take the "credit".

They're simply not going to turn away from the opportunity to control 1/3 of our economy.

The ACA guarantees a tax like cash flow into the shareholder balance sheets of insurers. They've never had it this good. Would they want to go back to ask for premiums by voluntary purchase? This is better than pricing every citizen out of the market. Now the insurers write and invent the market. Yeeppeeee!

The ACA guarantees a tax like cash flow into the shareholder balance sheets of insurers. They've never had it this good. Would they want to go back to ask for premiums by voluntary purchase? This is better than pricing every citizen out of the market. Now the insurers write and invent the market. Yeeppeeee!

And the voters keep on voting...

Interesting how voting never affects money. Many politicians pride themselves in saying that finance and economy should never be their concern.

Interesting how voting never affects money. Many politicians pride themselves in saying that finance and economy should never be their concern.

Not sure what you mean here. But I agree with the idea that the economy should never be a significant concern of government.

Not sure what you mean here. But I agree with the idea that the economy should never be a significant concern of government.

If the economy is not a significant concern of the government, then the government will be and now is a significant concern of the economy. Now the US government is a captive of Wall Street, various insurance cartels, and lenders, where your vote has no power

If the economy is not a significant concern of the government, then the government will be and now is a significant concern of the economy. Now the US government is a captive of Wall Street, various insurance cartels, and lenders, where your vote has no power

I'd contend it's quite the opposite. When government endeavors to manipulate the economy, people who seek economic power have incentive to control the government. The reason Wall Street is in bed with government is because government has too much power to affect the economy.

I'd contend it's quite the opposite. When government endeavors to manipulate the economy, people who seek economic power have incentive to control the government. The reason Wall Street is in bed with government is because government has too much power to affect the economy.

All the power comes from the government, because only the government can collect taxes, build prisons, enforce contracts, and write laws to subject you to these. That's why even Thomas Jefferson said that history records that the money changers always capture governments. The government may not have interest, but the banks and all the lenders will always coerce the government to write what they want it to write and enforce.

All the power comes from the government, because only the government can collect taxes, build prisons, enforce contracts, and write laws to subject you to these. That's why even Thomas Jefferson said that history records that the money changers always capture governments. The government may not have interest, but the banks and all the lenders will always coerce the government to write what they want it to write and enforce.

All that's true enough, but that it seems to support my claim. The more power government has to manipulate the economy, the more incentive economic interests will have in controlling government. The less power government has to mandate economic decisions, the less incentive economic interests will have in controlling government.

Also, banks and lenders how no native power to coerce. They can only gain that power by persuading government to give it to them. And if government is Constitutionally prevented from doing so, they don't have that.

All that's true enough, but that it seems to support my claim. The more power government has to manipulate the economy, the more incentive economic interests will have in controlling government. The less power government has to mandate economic decisions, the less incentive economic interests will have in controlling government.

Also, banks and lenders how no native power to coerce. They can only gain that power by persuading government to give it to them. And if government is Constitutionally prevented from doing so, they don't have that.

I guess I agree with this part of the situation. It is just really difficult, if not impossible to imagine, how you can separate government and banking. It looks much harder than to separate government and church. I know that most Latin American countries tried to separate government and banking for a few decades after the ~ 1920's, and it landed them in the crony hands of the IMF and World Bank.

Forum List

Back