What will the right say when .......

• Banned
Does the prospect of a growing economy scare you soo much?

Here you go, hun.

Tips for Not Appearing Crazy on the Internet

How conspiracy nuts, basket cases, paranoid loons, and other half wits can fool the rest of us into thinking they make perfect sense.

Do crazy people have a right to be heard? I think they do — as long as they’re American. But even with crazy people’s well known infiltration of the internet — appearing in any blog or news comments section or online forum they can access — they still have a lot of trouble getting people to listen to them.

In a recent column, I touched on the topic of conspiracy theories, which of course brought in lots of crazy people to the comments section. As I looked through the responses, I noticed how easy it was to scan them or just read the first sentence and say, “Well, this one is a crazy person.” And lots of people scan like this, because crazy people have this habit of self-identifying on the internet that allows sane people to skip over what they have to say before even getting to the crazy point. Thus crazy people never even get heard.

The advent of the internet should be a Renaissance for crazy. Crazy people used to have to try to spread their views through poorly photocopied newsletters with weird font choices that no sane person would read. But on the internet, crazy people can put their opinions right next to those of sane people. If they can just use a little self-discipline to not immediately identify themselves as cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, they might actually get their ideas read.

Now, I’m not going to try to tell people how not to be crazy anymore. That’s a long, involved process of correctly identifying the internal things making them angry in their own psyches that they instead project onto external things. And it sounds hella boring. Instead, I’m only going to tell you how to conceal your craziness. I’m going to teach you how to take your freak flag and fold it up and put it in your back pocket. If you’re successful, people are going to have to really read your points before understanding that you’re crazy. They might even miss your crazy entirely and really consider what you have to say (e.g., “This guy makes some interesting points; maybe I should find out more about this ‘Ron Paul’ person”). Doesn’t that sound great, you social outcasts and conspiracy nuts?

I see some crazed nodding. Let’s get started.

Pajamas Media » Tips for Not Appearing Crazy on the Internet

• Banned
Earnings will climb an average 10 percent a year through 2013, more than three times quicker than the economy, after what has already been the fastest rebound since the late 1940s, JPMorgan Chase & Co. projects. In mounting signs of confidence, Macy’s Inc. (M) has raised its annual profit forecast, Intel Corp. (INTC) and Target Corp. (TGT) increased dividends and DuPont Co. plans to invest more than $500 million to boost production.

Surging overseas sales, improving U.S. demand and the Federal Reserve’s pledge to keep interest rates close to zero for an extended period bode well for earnings, said Robert Mellman, an economist at JPMorgan who has tracked corporate profits since 1985 and published a special report May 20 on the subject. Widening margins will give businesses the means and incentive to invest and hire, paving the way for accelerating growth in the world’s largest economy, he predicted.

I imagine they would give Obama the credit he deserves....why wouldn't they?

• Banned
So if it happens on Obamas watch you will take the credit?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

keep hoping the recovery doesnt happen.

You never seem to fail putting party over country.

And we had never elected a black man until 2008.

things change.

In a year and a half that number wont be the same

Forum List

Back