What will the Government force you to buy/join next?

20uzl8i.jpg

The Government may just force you to send your children to school
They may force you to drive below a certain speed and drive on the right side of the road.
They may force you to stop throwing your garbage in the middle of the street
They may even force you to wear clothes when you appear in public

Freaking Government!

Red Herring and fries? Help yourself to the all you can eat salad bar.

They may force you to drive below a certain speed and drive on the right side of the road.

Freaking Government!

One the government should not force kids to go to school and parents should have freer reign when it comes to home schooling kids.

speed limits are a public safety issue and have nothing to do with the government forcing us to purchase the kind of health insurance it tell us is "acceptable"

Most of us pay for trash removal and the crime wouldn't be littering but blocking a public thoroughfare which again is an act that endangers another individual.

The clothing thing I couldn't care less about. Just because you're hung up about nudity doesn't mean we all are.

Why is it you always ignore the subtleties of when one's acts infringe on another's rights?

If I don't buy health insurance, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

And don't give me the old "It raises my prices" argument. because I tell you that people defaulting on credit cards and loans are more injurious to you than someone not buying health insurance.

Hell if we're willing to fine, confiscate the property of and even imprison people for not buying health insurance, shouldn't we be equally draconian to people who don't pay their fucking bills?

It can not force me to do something within my own scope of authority such as what I buy or do in my own home.

Really? Where do you live?

Where I live they force you to buy auto insurance if you want to drive. They force you to meet all sorts of code requirements in your home too, which almost always involves buying permits and the services of experts. And for some strange reason, if I wanted to construct a meth-lab in my own home, or a landfill in my backyard, they wouldn't let me do that either.

After health care what's next? Will we be forced to by a GM car? Or forced to invest in Solar Power? Forced to join Unions? The ACLU? etc...

What do you think? What is next?

My guess would be some scheme to make non-union workers pay Union dues anyway, and/or make the requirements for unionizing a workplace much more in the unions favor.

I did hear that Freddie and Fanny are goin' into the rental market. So if you can't pay your mortgage, guvmint will buy your house and you can rent it. That means we all own a bunch of rental properties - everyone ok with that?

Freaking Government!

Germany has all but outlawed home schooling.

Oh, it's not all religious either:

homeschooling is non-religious - Google Search

GE just bought an election. I imagine we will be forced to buy their appliances. Or subsidize the 52" flat screens for the deadbeats at least.

the flat screens only get one channel. MSNBC. Kieth Overbite 24/7 no thanks. like listening to the grass grow :eusa_whistle:

It can not force me to do something within my own scope of authority such as what I buy or do in my own home.

Where I live they force you to buy auto insurance if you want to drive. They force you to meet all sorts of code requirements in your home too, which almost always involves buying permits and the services of experts. And for some strange reason, if I wanted to construct a meth-lab in my own home, or a landfill in my backyard, they wouldn't let me do that either.

Auto insurance is predicated upon you having a car, having a car is a choice.
Code requirements on a home are predicated upon you owning a home, another choice.
Methamphetamine is illegal, change the law if you want a meth lab.
Having a land fill in your back yard could be a violation of your neighbors rights to not have stench in his back yard.
You are trying to compare apples and zebra's.

Code requirements on a home are predicated upon you owning a home, another choice.
Having a land fill in your back yard could be a violation of your neighbors rights to not have stench in his back yard.

No. I was responding to what I quoted.

The only person comparing apples and zebras is you.

No. I was responding to what I quoted.

The only person comparing apples and zebras is you.

Sure, ok, :cuckoo:

Your rights do not outweigh the rights of others. Therefore;

Your choice is to have a car - if you choose that option, you are required to insure yourself incase you have an accident and damage someone else or their property.

Your home may be sold on to another - therefore, there is a requirement for you to build to a safe standard.

Meth labs, like landfills, are impactful on the rights of your neighbours.

See where I'm going with this? Individual rights balanced with the rights of others.

Sure is right. I'm not in favor of the government mandating health insurance, but to pretend it's some kind of ghastly, unprecedented measure is to betray one's complete ignorance to reality.

Does it really make a difference if they force you to buy it or if they tax you to pay for it?

Forum List

Back