What will the economy be in 2015?

The economic shape of America in 2015

• Be much better than now. Problems solved.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • About the same as now.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Worse, but not much worse.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • The dollar will fall. We will be in a MUCH worse economy than now.

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Regardless of whom has the reigns, it wouldn't be wrong to assume that the US economy might take several decades to recover and become worse along the way.

The US Economy will never recover to the "cheap credit" "easy money" psuedo-wealth of the 90s and 00s.

Never.

The East is ascending and the West is descending.

Our current crop of Polytickers, there is just one political party in the Empire with two factions, is insuring our downfall will be as rapid and painful as possible.

2015 will be a recovery year. Based on the future age of the US population consumption will decline from now until the end of 2014 at which point people in their 40s will start growing in numbers again.

ahoy iamwhatiseem!

matey, i just wanted to wish yerself and the mighty imperator fair skies and smooth seas.

i liked debatin' both of ye, and miss ye both.

took me a while to find ye, aye it did.

*waves*

- MeadHallPirate

If you have trouble finding the gang again, MHP, just Google Si Modo! She's around too. I met Si in Virginia last year. We had great fun at Red Hot and Blue. Great food there.

A big spike in interest rates followed by a default on US sovereign debt, triggering a collapse in the US dollar.

Surprisingly, it hasn't happened already. But as long as the inflation numbers are being distorted the Fed will keep buying bonds to force interest rates low.

What say you?

ahoy Iamwhatiseem,

me friend 'o many journeys past, i think ye left an option out 'o yer poll.

surely thar has to be a choice that exists between "about the same as now" and "Be much better than now. Problems solved.", aye?

- MeadHallPirate

ahoy iamwhatiseem!

matey, i just wanted to wish yerself and the mighty imperator fair skies and smooth seas.

i liked debatin' both of ye, and miss ye both.

took me a while to find ye, aye it did.

*waves*

- MeadHallPirate

If you have trouble finding the gang again, MHP, just Google Si Modo! She's around too. I met Si in Virginia last year. We had great fun at Red Hot and Blue. Great food there.

ahoy Sunshine,

tell Si Modo i say "ahoy".

i miss her and hath great respect fer the lass.

aye!

- MeadHallPirate

What say you?

I say if I KNEW the answer to that question I would already be too rich to be here posting to people like you.

Yes, I am admitting that money would definitely change me.

ahoy Editec,

hmmmf.

i think the economy will improve sorta gradually and housin' will continue recover, which will help a bit, aye.

o'erall, i'd imagine that wages will continue to be flat and any increases will be gobbled up by increases in various commodities that the consumer has no way 'o avoidin'. jobs will be created, i'd think, but alot 'o them jobs will be small beer...tiny wages fer folks destined to just hang on and weather things best they can.

*muses*

the well off will continue (i hope) to be well off and thar fortunes should increase. the rest 'o the nation will tread water and maybe see thar pains ease marginally.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:

Forum List

Back