What will Ron Paul do now?

Why doesn't RP step aside and let Gary Johnson take the reins? I mean think about it. Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket, how many votes is Johnson losing to Paul?

I'd like to ask Dr. Paul that question.

Why doesn't RP step aside and let Gary Johnson take the reins? I mean think about it. Johnson is running on the Libertarian ticket, how many votes is Johnson losing to Paul?

Nobody is listening to Johnson or the LP....Too young and well spoken.

It's easier for the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP and lamestream media to mock libertarians by propping up a guy that it's much easier to portray and deride as and a senile old crank, rather than dealing honestly with the issues raised.

It's easier for the inside-the-beltway establishment GOP and lamestream media to mock libertarians by propping up a guy that it's much easier to portray and deride as and a senile old crank, rather than dealing honestly with the issues raised.

No doubt, but I wonder about RP's reasons.

No doubt, but I wonder about RP's reasons.
Maybe he's running with the proposition that there's no such thing as bad press.

Maybe he's working a variation of the Streisand effect with the media and party man insiders.

Maybe he's laying the groundwork for Rand.

Who can say for certain?

• Banned

This is for if Romney wins this year and Ron can run against him in 2016...he would be the only one bold enough to do so and the people would only have 2 choices and the media would not have much of a choice but to cover someone running against a sitting president.

I have never heard such whining by a 3rd rate candidate who didn't get the nomination. We know that Paul can't possibly win the election as a 3rd party candidate so what would be his motivation for running? To try to get Obama elected? Say it then and quit sneaking around stabbing the republican party in the back.

I have never heard such whining by a 3rd rate candidate who didn't get the nomination. We know that Paul can't possibly win the election as a 3rd party candidate so what would be his motivation for running? To try to get Obama elected? Say it then and quit sneaking around stabbing the republican party in the back.
In either case, Boiking most likely won't be running in 2016.

Please try to keep up.

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

We can tell douche here didn't actually read the article because it isn't Dr Paul saying it...its speculation..

This is for if Romney wins this year and Ron can run against him in 2016...he would be the only one bold enough to do so and the people would only have 2 choices and the media would not have much of a choice but to cover someone running against a sitting president.

You're making predictions about the 2016 election already? Why dont we wait till about 2015 or so before we start thinking about that. There is alot thats going to happen between now and then. Dr. Paul might not even be alive then, he isnt exactly a young man anymore. A million things could happen between now and then.

Ron Paul can't "let" Gary Johnson take the reins, because Ron Paul has no power over the so-called reins. Ron Paul could endorse Johnson, or do whatever he wants, but it wouldn't matter to those of us who realize that Johnson is libertarian-lite at best. If we don't give Johnson the reins, then there's nothing Ron Paul can do about it.

I'm sorry, where is Ron Paul whining? He hasn't really said much of anything since Romney was officially nominated.

You're making predictions about the 2016 election already? Why dont we wait till about 2015 or so before we start thinking about that. There is alot thats going to happen between now and then. Dr. Paul might not even be alive then, he isnt exactly a young man anymore. A million things could happen between now and then.

No. I am merely stating what the article is stating...That RP is the only man brave enough to go against a sitting president....after he said we had to get ready for 2016 people are speculating.Oh and I know a ton of things could happen I hope nothing bad happens and would understand if he decides not to run again...I hope he does but its his choice.

You think RP will run in 2016? He'll be what 85 then?

Ron Paul can't "let" Gary Johnson take the reins, because Ron Paul has no power over the so-called reins. Ron Paul could endorse Johnson, or do whatever he wants, but it wouldn't matter to those of us who realize that Johnson is libertarian-lite at best. If we don't give Johnson the reins, then there's nothing Ron Paul can do about it.

He could declare that he isn't seeking the office.

How do you figure that Johnson is Libertarian lite?

You think RP will run in 2016? He'll be what 85 then?

Will turn 81 in 2016.

He could declare that he isn't seeking the office.

How do you figure that Johnson is Libertarian lite?

How much more clear can "I'm not running" be made?

His flip flopping on Guantanamo, and the fact that he supports foreign interventionism in certain cases equal out to libertarian-lite at best.

Retiring. He'll make some speeches saying the same things ad nauseam. But ultimately his "jonny Appleseed" days are over. He's going to sit the rest of this theater presentation out.

Forum List

Back