What will Repubs Do if they win in November?

And they won't get the 2/3rds to over-ride Obama's veto on the health-insurance law repeal. I think any repeal, if at all, would be done in pieces through the courts.

Maybe Obama will sign the extension for all brackets into law, maybe not. Congressional Democrats aren't know for having a spine, so enough of them may capitulate to Republicans on that categorical extension that it would exclude a Presidential veto.

It will be interesting to see how the party of fiscal responsibility will reconcile tax cuts with securing the Southern border, which won't be free or cheap.

If they win close to the projections, it will be interesting to watch what happens. I do not expect Obama to make any consessions, regardless of the myth of his attempts to reach across, no evidence of that, since he said, 'shut up and sit down, we won.' within moments of being inaugurated. He's not an accommodator. He's a true believer.

If that is the worse example you have on him of not being open to compromise. That's not proof of anything that has to do with compromise. Actions speak louder than words and he included them in the healthcare bill, then they run to the mics and say "we werent included". Include them in the Stimulus and they run to the mics and say "we werent included" It's old...

Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Earlier this year, GOP leaders sent a letter to the president in May stating that they would like to work with the administration to find "common ground" on healthcare reform.

But the administration responded with a tersely worded letter indicating that they had healthcare reform under control.

If they win close to the projections, it will be interesting to watch what happens. I do not expect Obama to make any consessions, regardless of the myth of his attempts to reach across, no evidence of that, since he said, 'shut up and sit down, we won.' within moments of being inaugurated. He's not an accommodator. He's a true believer.

If that is the worse example you have on him of not being open to compromise. That's not proof of anything that has to do with compromise. Actions speak louder than words and he included them in the healthcare bill, then they run to the mics and say "we werent included". Include them in the Stimulus and they run to the mics and say "we werent included" It's old...

Each and every addition the R's put into the health bill were removed.

Wrong! And since you're wrong that means the bullshit about not being included is a lie. They tried to work with them for 360 something days. If they wanted to ram it, it wouldnt take 300 days to do it.

And they won't get the 2/3rds to over-ride Obama's veto on the health-insurance law repeal. I think any repeal, if at all, would be done in pieces through the courts.

Maybe Obama will sign the extension for all brackets into law, maybe not. Congressional Democrats aren't know for having a spine, so enough of them may capitulate to Republicans on that categorical extension that it would exclude a Presidential veto.

It will be interesting to see how the party of fiscal responsibility will reconcile tax cuts with securing the Southern border, which won't be free or cheap.

From the onset that was his position, he never wavered. In that you should take heart. A true believer he is. No compromise, nothing. Got it.

If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

I would like to know the definition of a Republican win....(I might even start a thread on it)

Picking up a few seats in the House and Senate?

Taking control of one of the houses? Both of them?

Veto proof majorities in both houses?

What does that Republican Victory look like?

If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

I appreciate this, a seminal OP...

An excellent question, and one foremost on the minds of conservatives...rather than Republicans.

And explored in the speech of Professor Paul Rahe, which begins as follows:

"Conservatism in America is now at a nadir. What would happen if it were to recover? What if the friends of limited government were to make a dramatic comeback, as they did in 1938, 1946, 1966, and 1994? In January [2009], this would have seemed a pipe dream.

Now, however, as the Obama administration flounders and the President’s negatives rise, the Republicans ride higher in the polls, Democratic senators from toss-up states begin to display anxiety, and citizens of all political stripes stage Tea Parties across the nation, such a scenario seems conceivable. But if this were to happen, would the advocates of limited government be ready to rule?

Thus far, they have been tactically adept, and we can foresee the possibility that they will stick to their guns and refuse to become what they were before 1980: tax-collectors for a swollen welfare state. This is, however, the easy part, and there is no sign yet that anyone has given serious thought to developing a coherent program for governance. "
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/digital/rahe/default.asp

This sounds much like my thinking. I don't expect much 'change' even if the best turnover estimates come true. However, I'll be looking at the voting records of the newly elected. Are they fighting both entrenched parties? If so, re-elect. If not, they are the same as those whom they replaced.

What's much more important is on the state level. Who's newly elected state-wide? New governor? What are they doing? That's where real change happens.

2012 is the date to watch, if the tea party folks keep an eye on these folks.

Do you honestly think, if the Republicans get control of both houses, the tea party will even exist by 2012?

Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Earlier this year, GOP leaders sent a letter to the president in May stating that they would like to work with the administration to find "common ground" on healthcare reform.

But the administration responded with a tersely worded letter indicating that they had healthcare reform under control.

Boehner and his press releases cant be accepted as truth.

44 - Chuck Grassley touts provisions he authored in health bill he voted against

Take, for example, the following e-mail from the office of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who had mocked the health-care legislation, gave encouragement to the "death panel" accusation, and abandoned bipartisan negotiations.

"The health-care legislation signed into law yesterday includes provisions Grassley co-authored to impose standards for the tax exemption of charitable hospitals for the first time," he said. "The provisions enacted in the new health-care law are the result of Grassley's leadership on tax-exempt organizations' accountability and transparency, including hospitals."

Yes, that's Grassley taking credit for the health-care bill. The same bill that some of his Republican colleagues say they want to repeal. The same bill that 13 Republican attorneys general say is unconstitutional.

now how in the world did that get in there when the Dems didnt include the Repubs and threw all of their proposals out? Thats cause it didnt happen

They'll play a lot more golf, take special interests to strip clubs, attend happy hour more... You know, same ole.

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

Yes, please let them try to repeal Obamacare. Let's see how well that works for you. Then, yes make the tax cuts permanent for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Let's see how well that works out for you. Please explain the GOP's plan for cutting the size of government. For some reason, John Boehner left out ALL specifics from his "Contract Hit on America". And finally, why would the GOP secure our southern border now, since they didn't do it in the 8 years Bush was in office or any other time a Republican was in office before that?

Repealing Obamacare is not out of the realm of possibility. And the tax cuts are not just for the top 2 percent dipshit. I don't know what the exact plans that Boehner has, I 'm telling you what I would like to see done and reducing the size of government isn't hard. We can start with dismantling the dept of education and letting the states take care of their educational needs and there are a lot of other ineffective and redundant programs that could be eliminated. Your lame ass argument "why seal the borders now when it wasn't done eight years ago" is just that.... lame.

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

You know they wont be able to repeal it right? They wont have the numbers...so, that wont happen. Tax cuts are still here today, and the result has been no jobs, bigger deficit. Why do it again if it hasnt provided any positive results?

Czars? Yeah, that's a big problem. And if you believe repubs are going to seal the unsealable border, I have a bridge to sell you.

They can try and all it takes is two thirds of the house to over-ride a presidential veto. We can enough R's in there and pressure the blue dog Democrats, it could happen.

They are no jobs because the political climate is such that corporations want to hold on to their money. And yes the border can be sealed.

Last edited:

You know they wont be able to repeal it right? They wont have the numbers...so, that wont happen. Tax cuts are still here today, and the result has been no jobs, bigger deficit. Why do it again if it hasnt provided any positive results?

Czars? Yeah, that's a big problem. And if you believe repubs are going to seal the unsealable border, I have a bridge to sell you.

They can try and all it takes is two thirds of the house to over-ride a presidential veto. We can enough R's in there and pressure the blue dog Democrats, it could happen.

Could happen but you know it wont happen

Yes, please let them try to repeal Obamacare. Let's see how well that works for you. Then, yes make the tax cuts permanent for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Let's see how well that works out for you. Please explain the GOP's plan for cutting the size of government. For some reason, John Boehner left out ALL specifics from his "Contract Hit on America". And finally, why would the GOP secure our southern border now, since they didn't do it in the 8 years Bush was in office or any other time a Republican was in office before that?

Repealing Obamacare is not out of the realm of possibility. And the tax cuts are not just for the top 2 percent dipshit. I don't know what the exact plans that Boehner has, I 'm telling you what I would like to see done and reducing the size of government isn't hard. We can start with dismantling the dept of education and letting the states take care of their educational needs and there are a lot of other ineffective and redundant programs that could be eliminated. Your lame ass argument "why seal the borders now when it wasn't done eight years ago" is just that.... lame.

You want to talk lame?? Have you ever been to Alabama? Have you ever seen their schools? Hell, come on here to Richmond for that matter and take a look at the decrepit schools here even WITH funds from the Fed. Now, you want to dismantle the Dept of Education, and let the state and local governments handle it? Now THAT is lame.

I never asked "why seal the borders now", I asked "why would the GOP seal the borders now"? They have NEVER done it before, what makes you think they will if they gain power in 2010? Because some asshat at a Tea Party promised you they would?

The fact that you have NO FUCKINIG CLUE what Boehner's plans are (because he doesn't know either, by the way), yet are willing to tout them as the thing we need to do tells me all I need to know about you.

Last edited:

Could happen but you know it wont happen

No, I don't know that and neither do you.

You want to talk lame?? Have you ever been to Alabama? Have you ever seen their schools? Hell, come on here to Richmond for that matter and take a look at the decrpeit schools here even WITH funds from the Fed. Now, you want to dismantle the Dept of Education, and let the state and local governments handle it? Now THAT is lame.

I never asked "why seal the borders now", I asked "why would the GOP seal the borders now"? They have NEVER done it before, what makes you think they will if they gain power in 2010? Because some asshat at a Tea Party promised you they would?

The fact that you have NO FUCKINIG CLUE what Boehner's plans are (because he doesn't know either, by the way), yet are willing to tout them as the thing we need to do tells me all I need to know about you.

Yes I think the dept. of education needs to be eliminated and the fact that the schools you mentioned are in such dire straits is clear evidence that the debt' of education is a failure.

Oh and you have no idea what Boehner does or doesn't know.

I may not know what it's the mind of Boehner, but I do believe that you are a first class idiot and for some reason you think you need to keep reinforcing that belief.

How can you be in favor of someone and not know their plans once they win?

You want to talk lame?? Have you ever been to Alabama? Have you ever seen their schools? Hell, come on here to Richmond for that matter and take a look at the decrpeit schools here even WITH funds from the Fed. Now, you want to dismantle the Dept of Education, and let the state and local governments handle it? Now THAT is lame.

Yes I think the dept. of education needs to be eliminated and the fact that the schools you mentioned are in such dire straits is clear evidence that the debt' of education is a failure.

Oh and you have no idea what Boehner does or doesn't know.

I may not know what it's the mind of Boehner, but I do believe that you are a first class idiot and for some reason you think you need to keep reinforcing that belief.

So.....you are backing the GOP why? What ideas do they have that you support? What ideals do you share?

I'll buy more stocks, the market is depressed with Obama fear. A republican victory will at least give us gridlock.

Forum List

Back