What will Republicans do Wednsday after Obama wins?

MR was the best of a poor field. No other candidate could have nearly knocked BHO out in the first round. Tomorrow will come down to one state, I think. The other candidates would have given the President 500 plus electoral votes.

That is the problem. 'the best of a poor field'. The more the republicans stay right the more they are going to have a poor field in the primaries.

Here's my ideal candidate.

Small Business Owner: I’ll Invest In 100 New Jobs – If Romney Wins « CBS Atlanta

A $50,000 investment, and obama as president! There are plenty of places that would welcome that $50,000.

It's fine, one thing that you can count on is that no market opportunity will go unexploited, those who sit on their wealth in a growing economy are stupid, they can take their business offshore in a fit of partisan angst but in the meantime even republicans are warming to the idea of protectionism. I do not expect the advantages of offshoring to survive more than a couple of more years.

Last edited:
no matter who wins, lets go over some insightful numbers.

Republicans, 96% of GOP voters are white. Democrats, 65% white.

This nation is changing and fast. If the GOP stays on its current course they will soon be irrelevant in a national election.

Just curious. What will Republicans do Wednsday morning after Obama wins? I dont mean average everyday Republicans, or moderates/indys who are gonna vote GOP. I mean the hard core right wingers, the ones who live and breathe the GOP???

Same question for hard core lefties if Romney wins.

Well, Obama already won an Election, so that question has been answered. The big question is, what will loony Obamabots do after Romney wins.

Last edited:

Small Business Owner: I’ll Invest In 100 New Jobs – If Romney Wins « CBS Atlanta

A $50,000 investment, and obama as president! There are plenty of places that would welcome that $50,000.

It's fine, one thing that you can count on is that no market opportunity will go unexploited, those who sit on their wealth in a growing economy are stupid, they can take their business offshore in a fit of partisan angst but in the meantime even republicans are warming to the idea of protectionism. I do not expect the advantages of offshoring to survive more than a couple of more years.

And we should care what you "expect".....why ?

It is what it is, WT. The GOP loses, it's the far right's fault.

Eat some fuck berry pie and stfu

Did you sleep through the historic asskicking the Tea party inflicted on Dems in 2010?

What happened in 2010 was the republican created an atmosphere where the Americans wanted to kick everyone the fuck out of Washington, bath water and baby, some of the best people in Washington lost their seats and since there were more Democrats than republicans to lose it ended up a net win for republicans. Hate and the republican party seem to have a nature affinity for each other.

Just curious. What will Republicans do Wednsday morning after Obama wins? I dont mean average everyday Republicans, or moderates/indys who are gonna vote GOP. I mean the hard core right wingers, the ones who live and breathe the GOP???

I think if Obama wins we can expect even more fillabusters from Republicans in the Senate (247 and counting to date). They would rather grind the nation's business to a halt than to work with Democrats.

If Romney wins, I think you'll see Democrats obstruct him and his goals every bit as much as the GOP has obstructed Obama.

Unless one party gains the 60 votes necessary to break a fillabuster in the Senate, we will remain grid-locked.

Just MHO.

And we should care what you "expect".....why ?

And why should I care about what you care about? I put my opinion out there like everyone else on this board, take it or leave it or better yet, explain why you think I am wrong, put the discussion back in discussion board.

It is what it is, WT. The GOP loses, it's the far right's fault.

Did you sleep through the historic asskicking the Tea party inflicted on Dems in 2010?

What happened in 2010 was the republican created an atmosphere where the Americans wanted to kick everyone the fuck out of Washington, bath water and baby, some of the best people in Washington lost their seats and since there were more Democrats than republicans to lose it ended up a net win for republicans. Hate and the republican party seem to have a nature affinity for each other.

Yeah, that's what happened. It wasn't the American people having a serious case of buyer's remorse, they thought they were getting a fiscal Conservative and political Moderate in Obama, instead they got someone to the Left of genuine Communists in Vietnam and China.

The Kennedy Seat, NJ and VA governor, Walker non-recall and the 2010 election were all American telling the Dem Party, "No, thanks"

I think if Obama wins we can expect even more fillabusters from Republicans in the Senate (247 and counting to date). They would rather grind the nation's business to a halt than to work with Democrats.

If Romney wins, I think you'll see Democrats obstruct him and his goals every bit as much as the GOP has obstructed Obama.

Unless one party gains the 60 votes necessary to break a fillabuster in the Senate, we will remain grid-locked.

Just MHO.

Grid-lock will only encourage right extremist. If the agenda is balanced then I really can't see the Democrats fighting battles for partisan points. Then again the question is what would Romney do once elected. Would it be balanced? We know that some of the republican senators and congressmen are running on some pretty unbalanced positions. I would hope Democrats would do everything in their power to block some of the crazier shit.

Yeah, that's what happened. It wasn't the American people having a serious case of buyer's remorse, they thought they were getting a fiscal Conservative and political Moderate in Obama, instead they got someone to the Left of genuine Communists in Vietnam and China.

The Kennedy Seat, NJ and VA governor, Walker non-recall and the 2010 election were all American telling the Dem Party, "No, thanks"

How many freshmen senators and congressmen were there in 2010?

Just MHO.

Grid-lock will only encourage right extremist. If the agenda is balanced then I really can't see the Democrats fighting battles for partisan points. Then again the question is what would Romney do once elected. Would it be balanced? We know that some of the republican senators and congressmen are running on some pretty unbalanced positions. I would hope Democrats would do everything in their power to block some of the crazier shit.

Moderates like Birch Bayh and Olympia Snowe are bailing. The hyper-partisan extremists are calling the shots now. Will the Democrats be more cooperative and statesman-like than the GOP has been over the last four years? I doubt it.

How many bagels in a dozen?

Here is an article about the over 100 freshmen republican congressmen.
REPORT: Meet The 2010 GOP Freshman Class | ThinkProgress

Will the Democrats be less likely to grind government to a halt in a procedural morass as the Republicans have? Will the Democrats make every decision based on the sole criteria of whether or not it increases the liklihood of Romney being a one-term president as the Republicans have?

What makes anyone think that the Democrats will not employ the same tactics if Romney wins?

A second obama term will end the market opportunities like he ended the invesment opportunities. How much of a market do you think Greece presents, or Portugal, or Spain. American debt alone will end market opportunities here.

No one would leave in a fit of partisan angst. Angst is a democrat basis for a business decision, not a businessman's basis. Australia is preparing for an Asian Century. How much political angst are they experiencing from American elections?

It's a big world out there. It's not like it was post WWII when we were the only game in town. In some ways, America has never moved beyond post WWII. Democrats still think that the post WWII tax structure is viable today. That might be our major problem to begin with. It's time to move past American power right after WWII, realize that the world is growing up around us and move on.

Here is an article about the over 100 freshmen republican congressmen.
REPORT: Meet The 2010 GOP Freshman Class | ThinkProgress

Yes, Dems got their asses kicked in 2010. That's what I said

Here's what Steve Vai had to say about Vinny Colaiuta's drumming abilities

""I was just enamored with Vinnie. Back in the Frank days, his whole approach, when I heard Vinnie play, his phrasing - it satisfied something in my heart. It was easy to get certain rhythmic gratification from straight up-and-down-type players. Playing grooves, alternate grooves here and there. But Vinnie just came in and threw a wrench into the works. The guy is an alien. He was able to touch buttons with his sense of polyrhythms that no one has ever done. Frank's band was the perfect soundboard for that. I started transcribing his playing for The Frank Zappa Book. I mean, there's five to six different notations for the hi-hat!" [laughs]

"I'll tell you a really great Vinnie story. He's one of the most amazing sight-readers that ever existed on the instrument. One day we were in a Frank rehearsal, this was early '80s, and Frank brought in this piece of music called "Mo 'N Herb's Vacation." Just unbelievably complex. All the drums were written out, just like "The Black Page" except even more complex. There were these runs of like 17 over 3 and every drumhead is notated differently. And there were a whole bunch of people there, I think Bozzio was there."

"Vinnie had this piece of music on the stand to his right. To his left he had another music stand with a plate of sushi on it, okay? Now the tempo of the piece was very slow, like "The Black Page." And then the first riff came in, [mimics bizarre Zappa-esque drum rhythm patterns] with all these choking of cymbals, and hi-hat, ruffs, spinning of rototoms and all this crazy stuff. And I saw Vinnie reading this thing. Now, Vinnie has this habit of pushing his glasses up with the middle finger of his right hand. Well I saw him look at this one bar of music, it was the last bar of music on the page. He started to play it as he was turning the page with one hand, and then once the page was turned he continued playing the riff with his right hand, as he reached over with his left hand, grabbed a piece of sushi and put it in his mouth, continued the riff with his left hand and feet, pushed his glasses up, and then played the remaining part of the bar."

"It was the sickest thing I have ever seen. Frank threw his music up in the air. Bozzio turned around and walked away. I just started laughing."

Vinnie Colaiuta | Interviews | DRUM!, 2004

Forum List

Back