What will Obama do?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
What will the presumed next President do next year when food prices are astronomically higher then they are now?

Not only are prices being driven up by fuel costs but corn has doubled in cost in one year. Add in the floods this year and some worry that corn and its by products along with soy will be 10 dollars a bushel. Chicken producers have stated they do not know if they can even break even at those costs. Hog and cattle Ranchers are currently looking at liquadating portions of there herds because they can not afford to pay the cost of feed now, and the floods will make it worse.

This means meat, poultry , dairy and cheese may all sky rocket by next year to prices unseen before ( well except maybe in gold rush towns)

I don't think the refrain " It is all Bush's fault is going to save him.

what will Mccain do? what will Gordon Brown do? what will Hu Jintao do? what will Pratibha Patil do?

what is the point of this post? we all know this is a problem. i dont see Bush trying to fix it now, or congress. you should have asked this question at least about both mccain and obama.

what will Mccain do? what will Gordon Brown do? what will Hu Jintao do? what will Pratibha Patil do?

what is the point of this post? we all know this is a problem. i dont see Bush trying to fix it now, or congress. you should have asked this question at least about both mccain and obama.

You have missed the point entirely. According to our Liberal friends it is a done deal, Obama WILL be President and WILL have a large Democratic control of Congress. Thus since they all know it, the question is addressed to our next leader and his Congress.

We have already seen the Democrats in Congress do not care one whit about us. Their refrain being " it is all the Republicans fault we can not do anything" Never mind they have not provided one bill " to do anything" with.

We have seen Obama LIKES ethanol, he is in the pocket of that lobby. So nothing will happen to turn around the waste of our food on ethanol. Which leads to what else he COULD do.

The first thing you do to lower food prices is stop pushing corn ethanol...but no...the brilliant BO is supporting food-based biofuels...

McCain at least is against corn ethanol and supports sugar ethanol...sugar at least is not a big source of nutrition like corn is...and sugar ethanol has had big success in Brazil...McCain wants to

--to drop the tariff on Brazil's sugar ethanol
--push for better fuel economy standards
--push for auto-makers to build more flex-fuel cars
--to offer a $300 million dollar prize for a better car battery

I leave for one week and look what happens....

The Democratic Party is not interested in looking for a solution to ANY of these issues until after the General Election, or even 1-20-09. Why? Because the Democrats are gaining SOME (not many because of their poor job in congress) points for blaming Bush. Although many analysts believe that this is a "doom year" for the Republicans, I am not so convinced that it is as bad for them as they say.

The Democrats are blaming Bush for all of the issues: High Gas Prices, High Food Prices, Slumping Economy, etc. Now, to a certain extent, he is to blame by essentially not doing anything about it, however, it is the Democrats who got us into the majority of this mess in the first place.

Democrats (and the Environment-Worshiping-Wackos who control their party) placed a larger tax on gas, driving the prices higher. The Democrats have placed regional EPA restrictions for fuel, driving the prices higher. The Democrats have not allowed the US to drill for more of its own oil, which is driving the prices higher. The Democrats have not allowed us to build more processing plants/refineries or create Nuclear/Coal power for homes. If they would do that, the demand for Natural Gas and Fuel would drop, lowering the prices. They will not let us do that, which is driving demand higher, supply lower, and prices higher.

I think it is abundantly clear that we need to find alternative sources of energy. We do NOT have ANYTHING that will magically end oil usage, nor causing prices to drop. We need to drill more oil and use what we have until another safe, reliable, and cheaper alternative source can be found, mass produced, and successfully flood and take over the infrastructure (which will take many years). By drilling for our own oil we can eventually drop oil prices, lower international demand, lowering prices even more. We can also drop food prices by putting more oil in the economy by drilling. We are one bad Corn Crop away from sky-high food prices and even more so on oil (and with the flooding, this year could be the year). Its time to tell the environment-loving MINORITY to shut up and let us drill for our own oil, and in both the near and intermediate future, drop oil and food prices.

Remember... you can eat corn, but you CAN'T eat crude oil.....

So nothing will happen to turn around the waste of our food on ethanol...

Umm.. isnt there more corn on the consumable food market than ever before.. I think we need to go back to the drawing board on this one... and btw.. the drawing board is not some conservative talk radio outlet...

Umm.. isnt there more corn on the consumable food market than ever before.. I think we need to go back to the drawing board on this one... and btw.. the drawing board is not some conservative talk radio outlet...

It sure as Hell won't come from investigating steroid use in major league baseball .

Forum List

Back