What will increase more jobs?

fyi-ronald reagan RAISED taxes 3 times during his presidency, one of the times was immediately following the stock market crash of '87....

no it doesn't kman, it encourages them to HIRE if anything...primarily because of the tax write off for the new, added, employee.

you don't hire an employee unless that person can bring in more revenue than it costs to hire him.

If a company is looking for a tax break and doesn't need anymore employees, the last thing it should do is hire.

The prudent thing to do is to upgrade equipment or make other capital improvements that will make your current employees more productive.

you don't hire an employee unless that person can bring in more revenue than it costs to hire him.

If a company is looking for a tax break and doesn't need anymore employees, the last thing it should do is hire.

The prudent thing to do is to upgrade equipment or make other capital improvements that will make your current employees more productive.

true, as well as giving them a tax break will not make them hire more people...unless their business supports the added person, and that won't happen unless the middleclass buying their product, buys MORE of their product.....

improving worker productivity is GOOD, but it does not always cost money to do such!

I hate to tell you this Bobo, but "green" jobs will be offset by the people losing jobs in the fossil fuel industry.

And government subsidized jobs are never a good idea. Every tax dollar taken from the private sector is a dollar that could be used to start a new business, buy a new car, build a new house etc.

BHO's cap and trade will result in a huge increase in electric bills then, when and if his non nuclear energy grid gets on line, the price of electricity will stay high to pay for all the new gadgets.

And the 5 million jobs BHO promised is probably a little overly optimistic.

Does Green Energy Add 5 Million Jobs? Potent Pitch, but Numbers Are Squishy - WSJ.com

Critics say analyzing only new green jobs misses half the story.

"It's not looking at the other side of the coin: You are spending more money for your energy," says Anne Smith, a vice president at CRA International. The consulting firm wrote a report for the coal-mining industry in April that concluded that, under a bill to cap global-warming emissions, gains in green jobs would be "more than offset" by job losses elsewhere in the economy.

The answer to energy independence is not more taxes. The answer is to let the private sector do what it does best; innovate and make money.

If the government, both state and federal enacted tax credits for homeowners and businesses to offset the cost of solar hot water heaters, geothermal heating and cooling, etc. If there was a dollar for dollar tax credit given over say 5 years equal to the cost of purchasing and installing these technologies, we would see more people installing these energy saving technologies that already exist and have a proven track record. The demand would spur the growth of new businesses and put millions of people to work.

The second avenue should be a phased in change in building codes to require, building with insulated concrete forms instead of 2x4 stick construction. Not only are these homes more energy efficient, they are stronger and also impervious to insects and rodents. And again company using these building techniques should be given a tax break.

This strategy would result in huge decreases in energy consumption, huge savings for people and businesses, a huge number of jobs and as a bonus a cleaner and safer country. And it will cost less than BHO's plan.

I don't buy it. I'm done listening to nay sayers and people who say we can't. We have two years to show you your numbers are wrong and your scare tactics of lost jobs and higher prices is bullshit.

The final straw was yesterday. A new law says farmers have to treat their chickens and cows humaine. The farmers are bitching and saying that its going to cost the consumers more money. First of all, I don't believe it will raise prices, and secondly, so fucking what? The most basic right to life is freedom of movement. The idea that to save a buck you would have some living creature with feelings suffer?

Sorry, I guess we're going to have to pay a little more for beef and poultry.

And I bet your numbers don't add up. I'm just done for a couple years listening to republicans because to be honest, you are all empty of any new ideas.

I don't buy it. I'm done listening to nay sayers and people who say we can't. We have two years to show you your numbers are wrong and your scare tactics of lost jobs and higher prices is bullshit.

The final straw was yesterday. A new law says farmers have to treat their chickens and cows humaine. The farmers are bitching and saying that its going to cost the consumers more money. First of all, I don't believe it will raise prices, and secondly, so fucking what? The most basic right to life is freedom of movement. The idea that to save a buck you would have some living creature with feelings suffer?

Sorry, I guess we're going to have to pay a little more for beef and poultry.

And I bet your numbers don't add up. I'm just done for a couple years listening to republicans because to be honest, you are all empty of any new ideas.

Once again bob you manage to post a non sequiter.

What on earth do cows and chickens have to do with my post?

Once again bob you manage to post a non sequiter.

What on earth do cows and chickens have to do with my post?

It's the same argument for everything. It'll be too expensive to give chickens quality of life.

Going green will cost fossle fuel jobs.

Always telling us why we can't.

And always wrong.

Also always hypocritical. No way you can be ok with making animals suffer and then tell me that you value life. Not you specifically, but your party.

You actually care about seeds in a womb but not a suffering animal that actually has feelings.

Anyways, I'm definately not on top of my game today. I got nothing great to say. Sorry.

It's the same argument for everything. It'll be too expensive to give chickens quality of life.

Going green will cost fossle fuel jobs.

You were prattling on about how many new jobs were going to be created by the government. I merely stated the fact that the government cannot create jobs. it can only move jobs from one sector to another

Always telling us why we can't.

What are you talking about? I gave you a way to do everything BHO wanted to do without the government screwing it up

And always wrong

I am not wrong saying that the private sector can do this better and less expensively than the government.

Also always hypocritical. No way you can be OK with making animals suffer and then tell me that you value life. Not you specifically, but your party.

Don't you mean critical?

And how can you be against chickens suffering when BHO and the Dimocrats won't extend rights to babies born alive in a botched abortion?

You actually care about seeds in a womb but not a suffering animal that actually has feelings.

I have actually been a vegetarian or a near vegetarian for 10 years now and when I buy meat, I buy free range meat from local farms.

I would rather be critical of the government than be all Polly Anna and say,"Yay! we're all going to get puppies and rainbows" and then pout when I have to pick up dog shit in the rain

You were prattling on about how many new jobs were going to be created by the government. I merely stated the fact that the government cannot create jobs. it can only move jobs from one sector to another

What are you talking about? I gave you a way to do everything BHO wanted to do without the government screwing it up

I am not wrong saying that the private sector can do this better and less expensively than the government.

Don't you mean critical?

And how can you be against chickens suffering when BHO and the Dimocrats won't extend rights to babies born alive in a botched abortion?

I have actually been a vegetarian or a near vegetarian for 10 years now and when I buy meat, I buy free range meat from local farms.

I would rather be critical of the government than be all Polly Anna and say,"Yay! we're all going to get puppies and rainbows" and then pout when I have to pick up dog shit in the rain

I don't know. :(

Government has to become bigger before it can "create" new jobs. The government is big enough.

Government has to become bigger before it can "create" new jobs. The government is big enough.

Maybe the GOP government had to get huge, but don't assume the Dems will do what the GOP did when they were in charge.

Things like this tell me the GOP is not sincere when they say fiscal responsibility and smaller government.

I think they mean powerless government that can't stop them from looting the treasury.

Forum List

Back