What Will Happen to the Post Office

They are, actually. I get checks Fed Exed to me all the time when sending it though the mail is a much cheaper option.

That's probably because they want proof that the check arrived, and they want it to arrive on time.
I don't think so. There is sometimes a valid reason to fed ex the check, for instance, if there is a deadline that I must have it by. This is often not the case and simply mailing it would do and the fact that I deposit it would alert them to the fact that it arrived.

Cashing it and the time it arrived are two separate things.
So? If they need a time of arrival, certified mail with signature is still much, much cheaper.

That means standing in line at the Post Office for an hour. It's cheaper and more convenient to send it by FEDEX.
have it redelivered at your convenience and you wont have to wait in any line....

Cashing it and the time it arrived are two separate things.
So? If they need a time of arrival, certified mail with signature is still much, much cheaper.

That means standing in line at the Post Office for an hour. It's cheaper and more convenient to send it by FEDEX.
I'm pretty sure you can schedule a pick up. Even sending a wire transfer between banks would be cheaper than fed exing the check.
absolutely, you can order a pick up if a package or priority envelope, or if just regular mail, raise the red flag on your mail box.

Not for a certified letter. You have to go to the Post Office.
bullshit....its called redelivery.....

I'm pretty sure you can schedule a pick up. Even sending a wire transfer between banks would be cheaper than fed exing the check.
absolutely, you can order a pick up if a package or priority envelope, or if just regular mail, raise the red flag on your mail box.

Never heard of it.

If it's against the law to fed ex first class mail, then how is it that people fed ex checks to me????????????????????????????

It's against the law for anyone aside from the Post Office to deliver first class mail. Your check isn't coming by first class mail. It's coming by FEDEX priority mail. It's a different class of mail. For one thing, it can't be deposited in your mail box. It has to be delivered to your door, and by law it costs a lot more than First Class mail.
by law my ass....fed-x sets their own prices....something the PO has very limited power to do....
FEDEX is required to charge a minimum price to letter deliveries.

The US Postal Service is doing fine job with packages, and they have improved greatly over the years...Corporations are stupid if using FedX or UPS for small packages, but who cares with them, the stock holder pays for it or their consumer, but still money that could have been more profits for the stock holder...

Though very large corporations get a discount with FedX and UPS...so maybe they can get better prices than I could as a very small business?

Lower gasoline prices is going to help all three of these businesses, especially the postal service who does not have a gasoline/service charge when gasoline prices go up.

There is room for all 3 package services....it helps keep all 3 competitive and the more competition the more cost effective conscious, all three of them become....

The issue isn't whether FEDEX and UPS should deliver packages. The issue is whether they should deliver First Class mail. None of the defenders of the Postal System have given any reason why they shouldn't.
i gave you a pretty valid reason....but like billy you only care about your opinion.....

All the reasons given are not credible.

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.
The Right wants the Post Office and everything else to be privately owned, damn the consequences.

What are the consequences?

I ship a lot of packages & The US Post Office beats FedEx all day long on price & reliability on it's flat rate box shipping, plus they supply the boxes & pick up daily.

The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses relying on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

Horseshit. Every study done shows the Post Office to be far slower and far less reliable.

The Post Office is a government run monopoly. I thought libs were opposed to monopolies.
You are a Dipshit! Shipping by US post office is easier, faster & cheaper than FedEx, UPS or DHL.

Ship a heavy box 10"x7"x5" for $5.25 by US post office & it will get there in 2 days.

Sent only a little 6 pound box by FedEx & it will take 3 or more days & they will fee you to death. Transportation Charge $9.66 + Volume Discount -$0.77+ Residential $3.35 + Fuel Surcharge $0.93 + DAS Resi $3.40 = Total charges $16.57

So all those Fortune 1000 companies that use FEDEX are stupid?
thats their choice....how about the ones who use the PO?.....UPS?......its all about choice....i delivered to many that used all 3.....

I have never worked for a company that used the Post Office to deliver packages.

If it's against the law to fed ex first class mail, then how is it that people fed ex checks to me????????????????????????????

It's against the law for anyone aside from the Post Office to deliver first class mail. Your check isn't coming by first class mail. It's coming by FEDEX priority mail. It's a different class of mail. For one thing, it can't be deposited in your mail box. It has to be delivered to your door, and by law it costs a lot more than First Class mail.
by law my ass....fed-x sets their own prices....something the PO has very limited power to do....
FEDEX is required to charge a minimum price to letter deliveries.
you will have to prove that....everything i seen when i goggled that said nothing about a minimum price set by federal law...

Never heard of it.
of course you never have.....

The US Postal Service is doing fine job with packages, and they have improved greatly over the years...Corporations are stupid if using FedX or UPS for small packages, but who cares with them, the stock holder pays for it or their consumer, but still money that could have been more profits for the stock holder...

Though very large corporations get a discount with FedX and UPS...so maybe they can get better prices than I could as a very small business?

Lower gasoline prices is going to help all three of these businesses, especially the postal service who does not have a gasoline/service charge when gasoline prices go up.

There is room for all 3 package services....it helps keep all 3 competitive and the more competition the more cost effective conscious, all three of them become....

The issue isn't whether FEDEX and UPS should deliver packages. The issue is whether they should deliver First Class mail. None of the defenders of the Postal System have given any reason why they shouldn't.
i gave you a pretty valid reason....but like billy you only care about your opinion.....

All the reasons given are not credible.
and yours are?.....do yours have anything to do with why the Private Express Statutes were made laws in 1792?...none of that has changed.....same reason today as then.....

I ship a lot of packages & The US Post Office beats FedEx all day long on price & reliability on it's flat rate box shipping, plus they supply the boxes & pick up daily.

The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses relying on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

Horseshit. Every study done shows the Post Office to be far slower and far less reliable.

The Post Office is a government run monopoly. I thought libs were opposed to monopolies.
You are a Dipshit! Shipping by US post office is easier, faster & cheaper than FedEx, UPS or DHL.

Ship a heavy box 10"x7"x5" for $5.25 by US post office & it will get there in 2 days.

Sent only a little 6 pound box by FedEx & it will take 3 or more days & they will fee you to death. Transportation Charge $9.66 + Volume Discount -$0.77+ Residential $3.35 + Fuel Surcharge $0.93 + DAS Resi $3.40 = Total charges $16.57

So all those Fortune 1000 companies that use FEDEX are stupid?
thats their choice....how about the ones who use the PO?.....UPS?......its all about choice....i delivered to many that used all 3.....

I have never worked for a company that used the Post Office to deliver packages.
well good for you.....im sure are many companies that have never used Fed-X either......big fucking deal.....

Forum List

Back