What Will Happen in Education

6) Make it so schools only sell healthy food/drinks because this improves students health and test scores

Classic example of missing the fucking point.

So according to you increasing test scores and children health is missing the point.
Jesus do you ever say anything intelligent? You must of had a diet of donuts when you were a child that would explain why your brain failed to develop

You are missing the point, idiot, because if intelligent, motivated students chugged cola and stuffed cheeseburgers in their faces all day long they would still do well. Providing healthy food and drinks is great, but it is not the point of educational success or failure.

14) Regulate/reduce the use of for profofit college because they leave their students in higher debt cost more have lower test scores and havew graduates who cant find jobs

This has nothing to do with education and everything to do with a lefty agenda. It is flat-out ignorant.

Jesus so according to you colleges have nothing to do with education.
Do you say anything besides "left liberal you stupid" is that all you are intellectual capable of saying?
Futhermore plz learn how to proerptly quote to a post so thht isntead of having 10 posts replying to a single one of mine you can have just one. Since youa re to stupid to learn how to do it get someone to help you.

When you learn how to spell, you can make demands about quotes, idiot.

To the point, American higher education is by far the best in the world because of competition. Unthinking lefty slobs like you would enervate the greatest area of educational success in America just to advance your political ideology.

Yes I saw your stupidity above. If you really are a teacher then I see why our education system fails its because we have teachers like you who retarded.
If all teachers were like you Id say lower your wages but then again all teachers aren't worthless like you are

:rolleyes:

That would have been much more effective if you were capable of expressing yourself in proper English, idiot.

The schools that I see. The consistent reduction in test scores necessary for graduation.
This is a valid and reasonable point.

The increased number of classes in social programming squeezing out core cirriculum.
Examples?

In California gay history is slowly replacing world history. American history is a collection of footnotes.

Okay this sounds like absolute Glenn Beck hysterics but I could be wrong. Can you provide a link that shows a single school anywhere, has replaced US Histry with Gay History? If not, you'll pardon me if i don't it at all.

By the time students graduate high school, they cannot peform simple arithmetic, they cannot write their own names, they print in block letters. They spell in "text". They cannot read a book or a newspaper. Not in every school, but in a growing number of schools. We have deficient graduates across the board. But they all know how to put a condom on a banana.
the first part of that paragraph is a valid concern. The second is not really related to the quality of classes not dealing with sex.

Last fall, student protests crippled Santa Monica community college. They were protesting the creation of more difficult classes in core subjects which would cost more since the competent teachers were paid more. More difficult text books cost more. These classes were created to deal with the number of remdial students set back from the colleges and universities. It does no good to graduate students after two years, with no more education than they had to begin with.

You should be grateful if your child's school is actually teaching. I can only think of ONE school that does actual teaching. That's Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach is a wealthy community where the parents are obviously more demanding for more than free birth control pills handed out by the school nurse.

Can you porivde a link to a single school that gives birth control pills out for free? Just curious. I've heard this from others but they never verify it.

So again, what would you do to improve the system? I mean, I always hear people complain but rarely seem them come up with ideas to address:
over-crowding,
the fact that the profession pays so little, higher quality folks no longer want to do it.
states constantly cutting budgets and less federal assistance
and so on...

I know the question wasn't asked to me but I will answer it anyways
1) Eliminate the funding gap. Most of the worst performing schools are schools that receive less funding because they are in poor areas. Some places get 70% less funding then other places
2) Provide funding for pre-school education for all poor children. Studies show that this funding creates 10 dollars in benefits for every dollar spent
3) Mandate that elementary schools spend an hour day teaching about physical/intellectual reactions their results and how to be honest and improve oneself. This results in 72% less suspensions 15% less absentee days and a 9% increase in test scores
4) Teach kids early about logic because as this forum proves most Americans dont know anything about logic
5) Make it so teachers do not get bonus for performance because studies show that it decreases long term performance of teachers
6) Make it so schools only sell healthy food/drinks because this improves students health and test scores
7) Mandate real sex education instead of abstinence dumbassery
8) Mandate every student takes a art/music class because it results in 10% higher test scores and more community service
9) Hire minority teachers for schools with high rates of minorities because studies show that it increase the grades of minority students by 13%
10) eliminate charter schools because they have lower test scores despite having more money
11) Make school uniforms mandatory because they reduce misconduct by 86% and increase attendance by 4%
12) Make elementary students take a anti bullying class yearly given that it reduces bully by 72% and increases GPA of those who would otherwise of been bullied
13) Regulate textbooks like Japan and England which would lower there costs by 50%
14) Regulate/reduce the use of for profofit college because they leave their students in higher debt cost more have lower test scores and havew graduates who cant find jobs
15) Move to a less grade orientated approach as it results in less focus on acedmic studies lower test scores and less self learning
3)

Kudos to you. Most people here are great a slinging petty insults or criticizing those who at least have the balls to forward ideas and opinions. You set yourself apart.
Unlike most here, I don't claim to be an expert on everything. So I don't know if the statistics you cite are accurate, thus making it difficult for me to dispute or agree. There are a few i will offer commentary on though

6) I don't think it will kill a kid to have a hot dog and a coke. My daughter is both a champion athlete and a national honor roll student (yes, daddy pride showing here). We actually encourage her to have pizza or whatever at school because of her diet. Fruits etc... for breakfast, anything goes for lunch (it burns off during the day) and then usually a veggie salad with a baked potato for dinner. I feel it's important for her to have some "munchie" food for lunch. It keeps her from going beserk and eating 50 Twinkies after months of healthy food. And I just plain have a problem with the government dictating diet.
7) I think real sex ed is indeed important. AND I think that abstinence needs to ALSO be taught as the only 100% effective method.
8) Although it sounds kinda odd to me, I'm on board with this one. I remember a couple friends who only stayed in high school because they liked art, music or sports programs.
9) I disagree. That seems like reverse-discrimination to me. While the studies may be right, I think a great white teacher is better than a mediocre black one - and vice versa.
13) What does that mean?
14) If they don't receive federal funding, I don't think the government has any place there.
15) I disagree completely. In real life, everyone doesn't get a trophy, a promotion or even a job unless they learn how to compete, excel and demonstrate superior performance. I pound this into my daughter. Life ain't fair. But if you try and work hard enough, you're not the one who is complaining about that fact, other people are. When my daughter excels, she gets more privileges and rewards. When she doesn't bother studying or fails to turn in homework (VERY rare but it happens), priviliges and rewards are taken away. She's never resentful about it because she understands. Well, okay. maybe a little resentful :) Oh well. The result is a disciplined, drug-free, socially adept, emotionally balanced 15 year old with a 3.7 GPA in Honors classes.
I think one of the bigget problems our system has is putting all the blame / responsibility on schools. I do homework with my daughter. We play Jeopardy as a way to study for test (she actually broke our glass coffee table, ppoounding "the buzzer" once!). I see parents bltching about how bad our system is, while not bothering to yank their kids away from video games or Facebook. Shame on them.
Anyway, I'm getting long-winded here. Sorry. Subject I'm passionate about.

Not in reality.
Funding gap states shortchange poor, minority students of education dollars | Education Trust
Kids' protest highlights rich-poor schools gap in Illinois - CSMonitor.com

You're wrong.
Percent of Population Ages 3 and 4 who are Enrolled in School: Census 2000 - The Pew Charitable Trusts

So you think teaching boxing will increase test scores more thn 9% lower suspensions by over 72% and lower absentee days by more then 15% do you have any evidence for this or are you just spewing bullshit?

I realize that this would hurt republicans because intelligent people dont vote republican but we are trying to put education before your stupidity

Bonuses are a different form of pay then a wage. Furthermore bonus have been shown to lower teacher performance. I am trying to improve education not expand your shitty ego

Yep and when all they can get is healthy food that is all they will get.

It should but parents have proven the3y are not responsible enough to do it. So should kids be left stupid and get STD because your to lazy to teach them?

Yep the list is huge but the number of student participating in those things is not universal.
Im hoping that you have at least one intellgent response but that seems to hard for you

I see so according to you making your school better performing is bad because your school sucks ass because it has shitty teachers like you.
Again minority students being taught by minorities increase grades by 13% so if you are such a shitty teacher that you object to increasing education attainment because it doesn't benefit you then the problem is you

Its true overall but plz explain why you oppose eliminating wasteful spending and moving poor performing schools to a structure that makes them better.

The same people who pay for cloths.... What are you going to ask next why the grass is green?

We should when we find evidence that it actually helps students. Furthermore they already have gym class. So come back when you know enough about schools to know what classes kids take.

Yep lets strive to not have textbooks that are over expensive.. but then again since your a xenophobe and hate anything from other coultures you oppose that because wasting money is more important to you

Yep and I advocate less of that so why do you oppose?
See above
Yes I saw your stupidity above. If you really are a teacher then I see why our education system fails its because we have teachers like you who retarded.
If all teachers were like you Id say lower your wages but then again all teachers aren't worthless like you are

You're an angry fuckstain, aren't you?

Have you been in a classroom lately? Pick and choose studies that support your arguments all day if you like. Work in the trenches and visit a dose of reality, you douchebag motherfucker. Go save the world someplace else.

Na im jsut pissed that kids will have such a shitty teacher like you. The funny thing is you know im right so thats why you are now crying.

This has nothing to do with education and everything to do with a lefty agenda. It is flat-out ignorant.

Do you say anything besides "left liberal you stupid" is that all you are intellectual capable of saying?
Futhermore plz learn how to proerptly quote to a post so thht isntead of having 10 posts replying to a single one of mine you can have just one. Since youa re to stupid to learn how to do it get someone to help you.

To the point, American higher education is by far the best in the world because of competition. Unthinking lefty slobs like you would enervate the greatest area of educational success in America just to advance your political ideology.

Come back when your argument isn't "lower test scores and fatter kids si good"

Classic example of missing the fucking point.

So according to you increasing test scores and children health is missing the point.
Jesus do you ever say anything intelligent? You must of had a diet of donuts when you were a child that would explain why your brain failed to develop

You are missing the point, idiot, because if intelligent, motivated students chugged cola and stuffed cheeseburgers in their faces all day long they would still do well. Providing healthy food and drinks is great, but it is not the point of educational success or failure.
No dumbass all the science and medical data shows stuffing your face with cheeseburgers and soda makes you stupider and less healthy. THe problem here is that you are a fat retard and you dont want other people to be smart so you want them to make the same shitty decisions you do

Can you porivde a link to a single school that gives birth control pills out for free? Just curious. I've heard this from others but they never verify it.

So again, what would you do to improve the system? I mean, I always hear people complain but rarely seem them come up with ideas to address:
over-crowding,
the fact that the profession pays so little, higher quality folks no longer want to do it.
states constantly cutting budgets and less federal assistance
and so on...

1) Eliminate the funding gap. Most of the worst performing schools are schools that receive less funding because they are in poor areas. Some places get 70% less funding then other places
2) Provide funding for pre-school education for all poor children. Studies show that this funding creates 10 dollars in benefits for every dollar spent
3) Mandate that elementary schools spend an hour day teaching about physical/intellectual reactions their results and how to be honest and improve oneself. This results in 72% less suspensions 15% less absentee days and a 9% increase in test scores
4) Teach kids early about logic because as this forum proves most Americans dont know anything about logic
5) Make it so teachers do not get bonus for performance because studies show that it decreases long term performance of teachers
8) Mandate every student takes a art/music class because it results in 10% higher test scores and more community service
9) Hire minority teachers for schools with high rates of minorities because studies show that it increase the grades of minority students by 13%
10) eliminate charter schools because they have lower test scores despite having more money
11) Make school uniforms mandatory because they reduce misconduct by 86% and increase attendance by 4%
12) Make elementary students take a anti bullying class yearly given that it reduces bully by 72% and increases GPA of those who would otherwise of been bullied
13) Regulate textbooks like Japan and England which would lower there costs by 50%
15) Move to a less grade orientated approach as it results in less focus on acedmic studies lower test scores and less self learning
3)

Kudos to you. Most people here are great a slinging petty insults or criticizing those who at least have the balls to forward ideas and opinions. You set yourself apart.
Unlike most here, I don't claim to be an expert on everything. So I don't know if the statistics you cite are accurate, thus making it difficult for me to dispute or agree. There are a few i will offer commentary on though

6) I don't think it will kill a kid to have a hot dog and a coke. My daughter is both a champion athlete and a national honor roll student (yes, daddy pride showing here). We actually encourage her to have pizza or whatever at school because of her diet. Fruits etc... for breakfast, anything goes for lunch (it burns off during the day) and then usually a veggie salad with a baked potato for dinner. I feel it's important for her to have some "munchie" food for lunch. It keeps her from going beserk and eating 50 Twinkies after months of healthy food. And I just plain have a problem with the government dictating diet.
7) I think real sex ed is indeed important. AND I think that abstinence needs to ALSO be taught as the only 100% effective method.
8) Although it sounds kinda odd to me, I'm on board with this one. I remember a couple friends who only stayed in high school because they liked art, music or sports programs.
9) I disagree. That seems like reverse-discrimination to me. While the studies may be right, I think a great white teacher is better than a mediocre black one - and vice versa.
13) What does that mean?
14) If they don't receive federal funding, I don't think the government has any place there.
15) I disagree completely. In real life, everyone doesn't get a trophy, a promotion or even a job unless they learn how to compete, excel and demonstrate superior performance. I pound this into my daughter. Life ain't fair. But if you try and work hard enough, you're not the one who is complaining about that fact, other people are. When my daughter excels, she gets more privileges and rewards. When she doesn't bother studying or fails to turn in homework (VERY rare but it happens), priviliges and rewards are taken away. She's never resentful about it because she understands. Well, okay. maybe a little resentful :) Oh well. The result is a disciplined, drug-free, socially adept, emotionally balanced 15 year old with a 3.7 GPA in Honors classes.
I think one of the bigget problems our system has is putting all the blame / responsibility on schools. I do homework with my daughter. We play Jeopardy as a way to study for test (she actually broke our glass coffee table, ppoounding "the buzzer" once!). I see parents bltching about how bad our system is, while not bothering to yank their kids away from video games or Facebook. Shame on them.

6) Yes it won’t kill them but it will make them less healthy and stupider. Your kid would be a better athlete and get better grades if she ate healthy all the time. Shed also live longer.
7) Teaching abstince only leads to higher STD rates and doesn’t lower sexual activity. That’s not a good thing. Teaching kids ignorance isn’t going to help their education
9) Yep but a mediocre black teacher will do just as well with black students then a great white teacher. Putting teachers in classes where they best perform is a good idea.
15) The problem is that giving kids rewards for doing good things makes them do those things less because they no longer do those things because they are good things but instead to get a reward. We should provide kids incentives to learn and get educated not to get A’s. Furthermore when you do not hand out letter grades or grades at all students actually remember what they learned more. Your daughter isn’t doing good in school so she can learn or be smart she’s doing it to please you and to get your rewards.

3)

13) What does that mean?

6) Yes it won’t kill them but it will make them less healthy and stupider. Your kid would be a better athlete and get better grades if she ate healthy all the time. Shed also live longer.

I disagree. Physically, that would be true for a while. But when people go on diets and eat ONLY healthy food, psychology comes into play. it's not the body that becomes the enemy but rather, the mind. It needs FLAVOR. What happens over 90% of the time when people go on diets? They lose weight for a while and then eventually, they see a chocolate cake or something and just go berserk. Put the weight right back on. Our daughter is as healthy as we could wish for. I personally, am 50 years old, 31 waist, 42 shoulder and can still play three hours of hardocre tennis at a time and leave 20-somethings panting in the dust. Oh and btw, I enjoy a nice single-malt scotch and a cigar once in a while. My doc says I have the cardio-pulmonary fitness of a man in his late 20 - early 30's and my vitals are perfect. There is such a thing as balance.

7) Teaching abstince only leads to higher STD rates and doesn’t lower sexual activity. That’s not a good thing. Teaching kids ignorance isn’t going to help their education

You take the extreme view and you're wrong. Did I say teaching abstinence ONLY? No. That is what you base your claim on though. There is absolutely no study that says kids will hae a higher rate of STDs if you include "Oh btw, if you don't have sex at all, that's obviously the single most effective way to avoid all this. Now, onto the use of condoms...."

9) Yep but a mediocre black teacher will do just as well with black students then a great white teacher. Putting teachers in classes where they best perform is a good idea.

Prove it.

15) The problem is that giving kids rewards for doing good things makes them do those things less because they no longer do those things because they are good things but instead to get a reward.

Welcome to Life101! You think I worked my ass off building a company because there WOULDN'T be rewards? Here's the deal with real life. It's not a rosy posy liberal wonderland. People who work hard toward their goals, get the fruits of that labor. The rest complain about how unfair life is.

We should provide kids incentives to learn and get educated not to get A’s.

Right. And I'll tell my employees to put in 40 hours not for a paycheck, but because it will make them a better person. Not.

Furthermore when you do not hand out letter grades or grades at all students actually remember what they learned more. Your daughter isn’t doing good in school so she can learn or be smart she’s doing it to please you and to get your rewards.

Great. Guess what? I still remember the capital of The Soviet Union. Oh wait, there isn't one anymore. That's useful.
On the other hand, my daughter can tell you her favorite characters from "To Kill a Mocking Bird" and "The Merchant of Venice".
I know lots of really, really smart low-income, poor and even homeless people I volunteer with veterans). I also know a lot of really smart people who are successful in business.The most easily spotted difference is motivation to work hard, in order to get the rewards that come from hard work. Now obviously, a lot of poor people have suffered emotional and other hardships so I'm not referring to them. I'm talking about the people who obviously COULD do much better in life but because they were brought up in an environment that didn't teach them about the importance of setting lofty goals and going after them.
Has it even occurred to you that being an Honor Roll student genuinely makes my daughter happy? Of course, not! But it does. She's proud of that and she should be. Have you considered that working with dad for hours every day on her tennis game, is a wonderful binding time for us? And that when she wins her matches her self-esteem soars? Oh and guess what? When she LOSES her matches, her self-esteem DOESN'T go down. it takes a lot to beat her and she always extends her hand and congratualtes her opponnent. She also learns how to deal with adversity. I consider that to be an extremely valuable life lesson because guess what? When you get out of school, it's not "gradeless" and rosy. Adversity will hit you right in the face. Jobs don't work out. Relationships don't work out. Whatever. My kid is prepared for that. She's strong, as smart as any "gradeless" kid out there and has tremendous character. Something she wouldn't get if everyone got a trophy or an A.

You're an angry fuckstain, aren't you?

Have you been in a classroom lately? Pick and choose studies that support your arguments all day if you like. Work in the trenches and visit a dose of reality, you douchebag motherfucker. Go save the world someplace else.

Na im jsut pissed that kids will have such a shitty teacher like you. The funny thing is you know im right so thats why you are now crying.

You don't give two fucks about kids or know anything about education you stupid shit. If I weren't doing a great job, they wouldn't be paying me extra for the extra class I teach. Come sit in for a period or two. You might learn something.

Really?? starcrap is the one that started slinging insults after I offered a few comments to his well-worn talking points. Anyone can spout off a bunch of solutions but figuring out how to actually effect change is a different ballgame. yeah, he/she sets him/herself apart for sure. Way apart.

Really?? starcrap is the one that started slinging insults after I offered a few comments to his well-worn talking points. Anyone can spout off a bunch of solutions but figuring out how to actually effect change is a different ballgame. yeah, he/she sets him/herself apart for sure. Way apart.

Well his first post contained no insult and offered genuine insight and opinion. That's the one I was commenting on.

Actually I realize i was probably a lot more snarky toward him in my last post than was necessary. Not my goal. My apologies Star. My opinions still stand but I could have exercised more civility.

Back to you Navy, just drag him down to the Goat Locker (a place I intuit you've spent some time playing poker) and give him an impromptu ShellBack initiation...

THe problme here is that you are against polcies that make kids smarted . It must be because you are a retard and dont want people with brains around

13) What does that mean?

I disagree. Physically, that would be true for a while. But when people go on diets and eat ONLY healthy food, psychology comes into play. it's not the body that becomes the enemy but rather, the mind. It needs FLAVOR. What happens over 90% of the time when people go on diets? They lose weight for a while and then eventually, they see a chocolate cake or something and just go berserk. Put the weight right back on. Our daughter is as healthy as we could wish for. I personally, am 50 years old, 31 waist, 42 shoulder and can still play three hours of hardocre tennis at a time and leave 20-somethings panting in the dust. Oh and btw, I enjoy a nice single-malt scotch and a cigar once in a while. My doc says I have the cardio-pulmonary fitness of a man in his late 20 - early 30's and my vitals are perfect. There is such a thing as balance.
Who said anything about diets? Also its kind of hard for a kid to see a chocolate cake when there are non around.
I find it absurd that you think being healthier is bad because you're already healthy.

[

You take the extreme view and you're wrong. Did I say teaching abstinence ONLY? No. That is what you base your claim on though. There is absolutely no study that says kids will hae a higher rate of STDs if you include "Oh btw, if you don't have sex at all, that's obviously the single most effective way to avoid all this. Now, onto the use of condoms...."
heres one
Abstinence education does not lead to abstinent behavior | ScienceBlog.com

a second
Teen Pregnancies Highest In States With Abstinence-Only Policies | ThinkProgress

and a third just for kicks
More Than 10% of Young Adults With STDs Claim Abstinence | Healthland | TIME.com

Prove it.
Study: Minority students do better under minority teachers - The Washington Post

15) The problem is that giving kids rewards for doing good things makes them do those things less because they no longer do those things because they are good things but instead to get a reward.

Welcome to Life101! You think I worked my ass off building a company because there WOULDN'T be rewards? Here's the deal with real life. It's not a rosy posy liberal wonderland. People who work hard toward their goals, get the fruits of that labor. The rest complain about how unfair life is.
This is the problem I see something that isn't working and I want to fix it while you sit there and go that is life. I'm not complaining about how life is unfair I'm trying to fix it and make it better. An adequate response to that isn't "life sucks deal with it"
People who work hard get the fruits of their labor? Seriously? Is that why the workers in a car shop who produce everything don't get all the proceeds of their labor?

We should provide kids incentives to learn and get educated not to get A’s.

Right. And I'll tell my employees to put in 40 hours not for a paycheck, but because it will make them a better person. Not.
If your going to disagree at least disagree on the points instead of making up random shit.
Instead of giving your employees a bonus and telling them it is because they increased productivity you should just raise their pay and not tell them why. Because if you do that then they will more likely continue doing things that increase productivity. When you give them a bonus it conditions them not to increase productivity but to get bonuses
Furthermore when you do not hand out letter grades or grades at all students actually remember what they learned more. Your daughter isn’t doing good in school so she can learn or be smart she’s doing it to please you and to get your rewards.
Great. Guess what? I still remember the capital of The Soviet Union. Oh wait, there isn't one anymore. That's useful.

If the point is to educate kids then doing things that make them remember more is going to accomplish that. Taking pride in ignorance isn't helpful

The most easily spotted difference is motivation to work hard, in order to get the rewards that come from hard work.

And they would do more of that hard work if those rewards just randomly came. This isn't my idea its a fact.
heres one study
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motivation.html
and another
Five Reasons to Stop Saying "Good Job!"
and another
From Degrading to De-Grading

Has it even occurred to you that being an Honor Roll student genuinely makes my daughter happy? Of course, not! But it does. She's proud of that and she should be.

No she should not be proud that she is on the Honor Roll she should be proud that she learned and knows enough to get good grades. There is a huge difference between the two.
Just like she should not be proud of A's she should be proud that she learned the material

Have you considered that working with dad for hours every day on her tennis game, is a wonderful binding time for us? And that when she wins her matches her self-esteem soars? Oh and guess what? When she LOSES her matches, her self-esteem DOESN'T go down. it takes a lot to beat her and she always extends her hand and congratualtes her opponnent. She also learns how to deal with adversity. I consider that to be an extremely valuable life lesson because guess what?

Do you think that maybe she enjoys that because she enjoys Tennis not because she gets 1st place? I hope she likes playing tennis and isn't doing it just so she can please you or get 1st in a tournament

When you get out of school, it's not "gradeless" and rosy. Adversity will hit you right in the face. Jobs don't work out. Relationships don't work out. Whatever. My kid is prepared for that. She's strong, as smart as any "gradeless" kid out there and has tremendous character. Something she wouldn't get if everyone got a trophy or an A.
So basically you want to stick to a system that makes less kids prepared and intelligent like your daughter... Why is that?

Last edited:

Come back when your argument isn't "lower test scores and fatter kids si good"

So now you've gone from false premises to outright lies. Why did you use quotation marks there when you are NOT quoting anything I said? I note as well that you are still functionally illiterate.

Who said anything about diets? Also its kind of hard for a kid to see a chocolate cake when there are non around.
I find it absurd that you think being healthier is bad because you're already healthy.

What I'm saying is I don't like the government dictating diet. If a kid is 5' tall and weighs 300 pounds, it's NOT the school's fault, it's his parents. I'm not saying a salad shouldn't be offered, I'm saying it shouldn't be madatory. I find it absurd that you blame obesity on everyone but the kid and the parents. I find it equally absurd that you think the government should regulate our bodies. I guess you're for overturning Roe v. Wade, then?

heres one
Abstinence education does not lead to abstinent behavior | ScienceBlog.com

a second
Teen Pregnancies Highest In States With Abstinence-Only Policies | ThinkProgress

and a third just for kicks
More Than 10% of Young Adults With STDs Claim Abstinence | Healthland | TIME.com

You fail on all three counts here. Again, you project views that are as extreme as yours - but in the opposite direction - onto anyone disagreeing with you. NONE of those studies says that if IN ADDITION to normal sex ed, kids are informed that obviously abstinence is 100% guaranteed, that it has any negative effect at all.

Study: Minority students do better under minority teachers - The Washington Post

This is the problem I see something that isn't working and I want to fix it while you sit there and go that is life. I'm not complaining about how life is unfair I'm trying to fix it and make it better. An adequate response to that isn't "life sucks deal with it"
People who work hard get the fruits of their labor? Seriously? Is that why the workers in a car shop who produce everything don't get all the proceeds of their labor?

Boy you sure have a defeatist attitude, don't you? Glad you're not teaching my kid anything. So the guy in the car shop never has a chance at promotion if he excels? Oh wait, in that case you might actually be right because they're all controlled by the UAW. So performance won't do much good unless you're connected to the union rep, eh? Okay. In non-union environments, would you teach your kid "Don't try hard because you'll never get a raise or promotion, no matter what you do!"
Like I said, glad you're not teaching MY kid.

If your going to disagree at least disagree on the points instead of making up random shit.
Instead of giving your employees a bonus and telling them it is because they increased productivity you should just raise their pay and not tell them why. Because if you do that then they will more likely continue doing things that increase productivity. When you give them a bonus it conditions them not to increase productivity but to get bonuses

Really? I'd say you're full of shlt on that one. I HAVE tried things like that. Guess what happened? They wanted bonuses for performance too! However my employees have stated this verbatim "I'd jump in front of an oncoming bus to get you otta the way, boss. I mean that."
But hey, tell me about this business you own. You started it without any risks of your own money, didn't work hard, gave those who came along later an equal share of all your profits and everything was perfect, I'm sure. Not.

[/color]

If the point is to educate kids then doing things that make them remember more is going to accomplish that. Taking pride in ignorance isn't helpful

Hmmm. So project again. Taking pride in ignorance? Take a look at your sentence above. Forgot how to punctuate, did we? Normally I wouldn't point out such minor pecadilloes but this coming on the heels of a genuine apology to you....

[/color]
And they would do more of that hard work if those rewards just randomly came. This isn't my idea its a fact.
heres one study
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/motivation.html
and another
Five Reasons to Stop Saying "Good Job!"
and another
From Degrading to De-Grading
[/color]
No she should not be proud that she is on the Honor Roll she should be proud that she learned and knows enough to get good grades. There is a huge difference between the two.
Just like she should not be proud of A's she should be proud that she learned the material
[/color]

You continue to project bullshlt. Guess what? She can be proud that she's gotten a quality education, learned a lot AND distinguished herself, nationally. There is not the mutual exclusivity you imply. But you live in the land of dichotomous extremism. If someone doesn't agree with your view, they MUST have the opposite extreme view. Wrong.

Do you think that maybe she enjoys that because she enjoys Tennis not because she gets 1st place? I hope she likes playing tennis and isn't doing it just so she can please you or get 1st in a tournament

Do you not comprehend English? What part of her enjoying the binding time with dad and loving the game - win or lose, was to complex for you? Maybe you should have gone to a traditional school! Your syntax and punctuation would imply this might have been beneficial.

So basically you want to stick to a system that makes less kids prepared and intelligent like your daughter... Why is that?

And now you bring family into it. You call my daughter less prepared and intelligent? Wow. What a low-life bottom-feeder.
FYI, my daughter has already received letters from U Chicago, Berkeley and Stanford. In addition to being National Honor Roll and an Honor Athlete, like me, she has always been a volunteer with the homeless. She has been recognized for this work.
But because i don't agree with you on every possible point, you go to the lowest possible level.
Allow me to retract my earlier apology. Those are generally reserved for people with at least a modicum of class and civility.
Obviously the character I spoke of, was never taught to you.

No dumbass all the science and medical data shows stuffing your face with cheeseburgers and soda makes you stupider and less healthy. THe problem here is that you are a fat retard and you dont want other people to be smart so you want them to make the same shitty decisions you do

Why are you so eager to display how fucking stupid you are. I believe you mentioned something earlier about logic? Well guess what, idiot?

Well his first post contained no insult and offered genuine insight and opinion. That's the one I was commenting on.

Actually I realize i was probably a lot more snarky toward him in my last post than was necessary. Not my goal. My apologies Star. My opinions still stand but I could have exercised more civility.

Back to you Navy, just drag him down to the Goat Locker (a place I intuit you've spent some time playing poker) and give him an impromptu ShellBack initiation...

Yeah, we'd have fun with this turd in the Chief's Mess. Starz would learn more about education than he could handle.

Forum List

Back