What Will Happen in Education

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
MY PREDICTION FOR EDUCATION: My daughter and I were discussing the fact that she is able to do homework online. After letting her know that I had to walk to school 5 miles through the snow (uphill both ways, of course), I let her know what kids just starting school now, would be doing when they graduated. It made perfect sense to her but I realize a lot of people don’t think the way I do and so thought I’d share it with you.
There will be no such thing as a high school or college textbook anymore. All school desk will be embedded with Tablet technology. Students will be issued a code and a flash drive. Their “books” will be pulled up on their desk and include audio and video clips. The nicer schools will also have 3-D holographic technology for the teachers and some of the classes. Testing, grading and anti-cheating software will help to compensate for the large classroom sizes. Of course there will always be students who figure out how to “hack the test”. Students will be able to see 3-D images of Kennedy giving a speech, touch a word on their screen and hear it spoken in the language they are studying and with the proper accent etc… It will take a while to refine but the long term effect will be a much higher quality of education. Additionally, since the overwhelming majority of commercial books, periodicals etc… will be electronic, the effect on the environment will be positive. The plummeting demand for paper and wood (for other reasons) will literally save The Rain Forest in the twelfth hour.

Here B a hint. Wurd ?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg]Uhhh...what did she just say?? Miss Teen South Carolina 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe kids won't even have to study in the future. They can click on to good grades without thinking and use all that leisure time that used to be devoted to homework to play video games. Kids that refuse to comply will simply be drugged into submission.

Maybe kids won't even have to study in the future. They can click on to good grades without thinking and use all that leisure time that used to be devoted to homework to play video games. Kids that refuse to comply will simply be drugged into submission.
How'z Roanoke these daze ? :eusa_shhh:

How'z Roanoke these daze ? :eusa_shhh:

I get down there now and then. They used to have a decent gun show at the Civic Center.

MY PREDICTION FOR EDUCATION: My daughter and I were discussing the fact that she is able to do homework online. After letting her know that I had to walk to school 5 miles through the snow (uphill both ways, of course), I let her know what kids just starting school now, would be doing when they graduated. It made perfect sense to her but I realize a lot of people don’t think the way I do and so thought I’d share it with you.
There will be no such thing as a high school or college textbook anymore. All school desk will be embedded with Tablet technology. Students will be issued a code and a flash drive. Their “books” will be pulled up on their desk and include audio and video clips. The nicer schools will also have 3-D holographic technology for the teachers and some of the classes. Testing, grading and anti-cheating software will help to compensate for the large classroom sizes. Of course there will always be students who figure out how to “hack the test”. Students will be able to see 3-D images of Kennedy giving a speech, touch a word on their screen and hear it spoken in the language they are studying and with the proper accent etc… It will take a while to refine but the long term effect will be a much higher quality of education. Additionally, since the overwhelming majority of commercial books, periodicals etc… will be electronic, the effect on the environment will be positive. The plummeting demand for paper and wood (for other reasons) will literally save The Rain Forest in the twelfth hour.

If the "greenies" have it their way, there will be no electricity. No pumped water or sewage (electricity is bad for the environment). No visiting national parks (your presence will pollute the pristine environment). Better teach her how to grow her own vegatables, cause that is probably the only way she will be able to have an income (black market of course), because the gov't will tell you when to get up, what to do, when to go to bed, and when you will be put to death.

If the "greenies" have it their way, there will be no electricity. No pumped water or sewage (electricity is bad for the environment). No visiting national parks (your presence will pollute the pristine environment). Better teach her how to grow her own vegatables, cause that is probably the only way she will be able to have an income (black market of course), because the gov't will tell you when to get up, what to do, when to go to bed, and when you will be put to death.
And no computers, which use all sorts of environmentally unfriendly and unrecyclable parts.

I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic.

Pulp for paper isn't made from exotic rain forest wood, ignoramus.

Mebby you coulda Googled that one.:lol:

Pulpwood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay so I was wrong about WHERE the wood that would be saved, would come from. You see, people of character can simply admit when they're wrong about something. In this case, it's WHERE the wood that would be saved, would come from. I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic. When a person's character is reflected in the fact they never have anything of substance to say and also go out of their way to find some way to insult a stranger on the internet, it says something about them. Congratuations. Do you feel special now?[/

I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic.[/

And no computers, which use all sorts of environmentally unfriendly and unrecyclable parts.

Hmmm. Six posts and only one relevant point. Yes computer provide an entirely different type of threat to the environment. It is my hope that we figure out a way to improve upon that.

Last edited:
You can lead students to information, but you can't make them convert it into knowledge.
You can try to teach, but you can't make them listen.
you can't even kick their asses any more.

Fear is a great learning aid.

Are you competing for the 21st Century Nostradamus title? Or just chilling and killing a bottle of Chablis?

LOL! My daughter and I were talking about things that will happen in the future the other day. She often asks me "Dad, what do you think will happen about X" and over the years, I've been right a lot. I've been wrong on some things but most of the stuff I tell is not THAT tough to figure out and of course, all daughters love to think their dad is brilliant!
So anyways, I thought WTF? Why not post some of the things we talk about. thus far it's been the inevitibility of gay marriage becoming legal per the USSC, Greeen Tech and this one. Makes for some interesting threads.

You can lead students to information, but you can't make them convert it into knowledge.
You can try to teach, but you can't make them listen.
you can't even kick their asses any more.

Fear is a great learning aid.

So what would you do to improve things? I mean, besides a good old fashioned ass-kicking, which i'm not necessarily opposed to, btw.

I guess this is what people post when they don't have anything of substance about the topic.

:eusa_eh:

No.

:eusa_hand:

People who have nothing of substance to post about the topic wonder why you are using red font and have such a gay avatar.

Since it always get political anyways.. The biggest impediment to using on-line resources for K-12 education would be whom?? And which political philosophy is mated with these trogs????

The unions right now are SQUEALING about self-paced Student study using internet resources.. They intend to KILL it outright.. Did THAT show up in your crystal ball???

I kind of doubt textbooks won't still be sold. The people who produce them make too much money. That's what just about every year a new edition of the book comes out with one or two minor changes. So I think textbooks are here to stay, that is until they can think of a reasonable excuse to charge $100 for an digital version of the book.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube[/ame]

According to Rick, decent men and women don't get an education.

you had shoes?

sissy

I'd say that's a damn fine logical guess.

but class rooms may not have an actual teacher in it, since you can teach anyone from anywhere online.

Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube

According to Rick, decent men and women don't get an education.

lol so I guess he isn't a decent man since he went to college then.

He isn't. He's what we call a hypocrite.

When asked about why he gives such a tiny bit to charity and he's a millionaire, he says he has to pay for his daughter's health care. That's care he would deny to millions of other Americans who aren't millionaires. Simply another example of his hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back