What will happen if we stay in Iraq?

when you want to criminalize speech...when you want to label me a traitor for disagreeing with this stupid counterproductive war, stand by for civil war, asshole.
Your lack of civility and foul name calling are what I have come to expect from the extreme left.

You are deluding yourself if you think that the actions of those Americans that seek to flee do not give comfort to the enemy. Setting a date certain for withdrawal from Iraq is precisely what the terrorists have been trying to accomplish. Knowing that they have won this victory from the Democrats must indeed be a great comfort.

Who started this mess to begin with?

Are you aware that our own C.I.A. in addition to the Iraq Survey Group have said that all we're doing in Iraq is strengthening and swelling the ranks of Al Qaeda and fueling terrorism.

The truth is Bush played right into the enemies hands. The reality suggests that those of you who support his policies are the best friends the terrorists have.

Given this you'd better rethink your notion of who is actually providing aid and support for "the enemy."

Why not ask them?

Perhaps if Bush listened he may get some ideas?

Look I know the west can't just pull out of Iraq tomorrow. But Bush is still chanting the 'stay the course' mantra. It's failed, the occupation hasn't worked. Time to take a different course that achieves the objectives of giving Iraq a stable government (even if it means three states in a federation) and thus to, hopefully, blunt the push by the insurgents. Time to talk to Syria (which I think may indicate that Five Deferments Cheney is waning in influence in favour of Rice) and ....deep breath....Iran.

What is most telling about the Dems is for over a year they bellowed how more troops were needed in Iraq

THEN, when Pres Bush says we wants more troops in Iraq - Dems are opposed

Dems have no interest in winning in Iraq

Their political future is based on failure and surrender

You are completely wrong. The President doesn't need to ask Congress's permission to act in his role as President. The Constitution delegates him the executive power. That includes the responsibility as commander in chief of the war.

Well then why do Cons scream bloody murder at Congress doing its constitutional duty in mandating that their war funding come with conditions?

BTW Congress also has the power to rescind their declaration of war. This is being discussed already.

They also have the power to censure and impeach if the Pres refuses to play ball to their satisfaction.

Congress's only power is to declare war and to fund it (or not). They cant demand the President do things on certain date. Such actions are completely unconstitutional.

It is important to remember that this new Congress was elected by a majority of the people. Voters didn't decide to change the balance of power in Congress because they wanted more of Bush playing dictator. They voted for change. By obstructing the will of the American people Bush is thumbing his nose at the very notion of Democracy. Americans will only stand for so much of this. They'll remember it in 2008 and they'll stack Congress so full of Democrats that there won't be enough Republicans left to obstruct the will of the voters.

Also, the President volunteered for the Guard. He volunteered for combat. However, they didnt need troops with his flight skills over in Vietnam. These are established facts. Pretending that he is somehow a coward who avoided combat by volunteering for the military and volunteering to serve is absolutely ludicrous.

Yeah right.

Hey Avatar, I've got a nice bridge for sale. Are you interested?

Bush went AWOL and missed a routine flight physical which disqualified him from flying any combat missions.

Serious pilots don't do that. He wormed his way out of service.

Bush has far more credibility simply because he is actually listening to the commanders rather than the liberal bloggers who know jack about military operations.

That's bullshit!

He didn't listen to George Casey when Casey supported the findings of the Iraq Survey Group did he?

No, instead he replaced Casey with a lackey like Petraeus, a real "team player" who will only say what he's paid to say. What good is "advice" like that?

Everyone should be upset over the Dems surrender bill

will you ever answer two simple questions?

How is turning over encampments to the armed forces of a country's legitimate government an act of surrender?

Did Britain surrender Palestine in may of '48?

will you ever answer two simple questions?

How is turning over encampments to the armed forces of a country's legitimate government an act of surrender?

Did Britain surrender Palestine in may of '48?

If you think for one minute the Iraq government will hold on to their coutry after the US surrenders to the terorists - you are a bigger fool then I thought you were

If you think for one minute the Iraq government will hold on to their coutry after the US surrenders to the terorists - you are a bigger fool then I thought you were

the US will never surrender to the terrorists. we will turn over our encampments to the Iraqi military. WHy are you so sure that a handful of deadenders can defeat the 150K strong American trained Iraqi military?

the US will never surrender to the terrorists. we will turn over our encampments to the Iraqi military. WHy are you so sure that a handful of deadenders can defeat the 150K strong American trained Iraqi military?

They are not ready yet - and the libs know it

When Iran steps in and the terrorists kill millions - libs will blame Bush - something they are always doing anyway

They are not ready yet - and the libs know it

When Iran steps in and the terrorists kill millions - libs will blame Bush - something they are always doing anyway

they will never be ready if they think that we are there forever.

And why the fuck are they NOT ready? They have had as much training as our troops who are there fighting and dying on their behalf.

And are you stll standing by your assertion that Iran is backing Al Qaeda?

they will never be ready if they think that we are there forever.

And why the fuck are they NOT ready? They have had as much training as our troops who are there fighting and dying on their behalf.

And are you stll standing by your assertion that Iran is backing Al Qaeda?

Look MM -Iran is helping the terrorists and you know it

Dems have put the future of their party in defeat - troops be damned

Do you REALLY believe what you just said? Who taught you this? Did you learn this in school or something, did your parents teach you this?(or was it the republican party of late?)

Where in Heaven's name do you get this from?

It is UNPATRIOTIC and UNAMERICAN to silence dissenting views of your fellow Americans..... imho!

Care

Who taught you what you believe? This is not the first time I have seen you use this same tact. You aren't attacking an argument ... you are attacking the credibility of the poster.

So far, you have presented nothing but your baseless opinion, and feigned position of intellectual superiority when said position, in fact, does not exist.

are you still sticking with your assertion that Iran is supporting Al Qaeda?
yes or no?

Next you will say it is all part of a scam to expand the war to Iran

Libs have this blind spot when ti comes to fighting terrorists. Their hate gets in the way of seeing the truth

Next you will say it is all part of a scam to expand the war to Iran

Libs have this blind spot when ti comes to fighting terrorists. Their hate gets in the way of seeing the truth

I will say no such thing...I merely ask you: do you stick with your assertion that Iran (persian and shiite) is supporting Al Qaeda (arab and sunni)?????

do you really contend that is the TRUTH?

RSR.... do you think that the term "Al Qaeda" is synonymous with "terrorist"??

Do you think that all terrorists are members of Al Qaeda?

Do you stand by your assertion that Iran is helping Al Qaeda, yes or no?

To libs the only "terrorists" are the Bush administration and anyone who supports him

answer these if you have the balls

Forum List

Back