What will happen if we leave Iraq?

You are correct when the US should leave

However, Reid/Pelosi are more interested in how many House and Senate seats they can pick up instead of making sure the troops have what they need to win

Then given that Bush has gotten us into this horrible mess shouldn't he have to face some kind of consequence?

It seems like impeachment ought to be the very least of his worries.

I think trial in the U.S. for high crimes and misdemeanors would be a good start. Then we should follow that up by flying him in a plane in leg irons to the Hague where he can stand trial in an international court for his crimes against humanity. I'd like to see him spend the rest of his natural life in a stone cell in some foreign country.

"oops" just doesn't quite cut it this time!

Then given that Bush has gotten us into this horrible mess shouldn't he have to face some kind of consequence?

I think trial in the U.S. for high crimes and misdemeanors would be a good start. Then we should follow that up by flying him in a plane in leg irons to the Hague where he can stand trial in an international court for his crimes against humanity. I'd like to see him spend the rest of his natural life in a stone cell in some foreign country.

No US president has or ever will be tried for war crimes.

without a sense of time driven urgency, what motivation does Maliki have to force his military and police forces to step up?

I, for one, believe that whenever we leave and whatever supposed level of readiness the Iraqi army/police forces may be in at that time, they will quickly devolve into secatarian armies loyal to sunni or shiite leaders. The more we train them and the more capable they become now, the more efficient will be their carnage against one another and the civilian population once we DO leave.

Absurd. He has committed no crime to be impeached for. And I'll be double-damned if I would send even Jimmy Carter outside this nation and put on trial by some bullshit, kangaroo world court.

I don't, and guess I never will understand people who are consumed by hatred over politics. To hate another individual just because he is a Republican President is pretty damned sad.

without a sense of time driven urgency, what motivation does Maliki have to force his military and police forces to step up?

I, for one, believe that whenever we leave and whatever supposed level of readiness the Iraqi army/police forces may be in at that time, they will quickly devolve into secatarian armies loyal to sunni or shiite leaders. The more we train them and the more capable they become now, the more efficient will be their carnage against one another and the civilian population once we DO leave.

And the problem with this is ....WHAT exactly?:D

And the problem with this is ....WHAT exactly?:D

both humor and wry wisdom are contained therein......

the serious answer might be that those well trained armies might very well be used to inflict carnage on not only the citizens of Iraq, but throughout the largers region....and we may find ourselves having to face off against them ourselves someday.

Absurd. He has committed no crime to be impeached for. And I'll be double-damned if I would send even Jimmy Carter outside this nation and put on trial by some bullshit, kangaroo world court.

I don't, and guess I never will understand people who are consumed by hatred over politics. To hate another individual just because he is a Republican President is pretty damned sad.

I don't hate Bush / Cheney because they are Republicans. I hate them for spending American lives in a war for personal and crony profit. I hate them for the roles they played in 9/11. I do believe they are entitled to a fair trial. If found guilty, they should hang. I doubt if either would hold up as well as Saddam Hussein.

"With Al Qaeda and various jihadist fanatics left free to take over one of the largest, most oil-rich countries in the middle East? Backed by Syria, Ira, and the likes of Mahmoud Amahdinejad?"

ARE YOU SAYING THAT AL GAYDA IS NOW MORE POWERFUL THAN THE IRAQI PEOPLE/ARMY?? ARE THEY JUST GONNA ROLE OVER AND PLAY DEAD WHILE AL GAYDA TAKES OVER THIER COUNTRY??? OR ARE YOU CON DUMBS REALLY THAT STOOOPID.

I don't hate Bush / Cheney because they are Republicans. I hate them for spending American lives in a war for personal and crony profit. I hate them for the roles they played in 9/11. I do believe they are entitled to a fair trial. If found guilty, they should hang. I doubt if either would hold up as well as Saddam Hussein.

You hate anyone who disagrees with your insane rants Paul

You have been tossed from several message boards for your antics

You have allowed yourself to be consumed with hate and rage

I here Al Qaeda is looking to replace their leaders who have recently been killed

Perhaps they should send a job application to Reid, Pelosi, and Murtha

They want the US to surrender in Iraq - it might save time to have everyone on the same page

You hate anyone who disagrees with your insane rants Paul

You have been tossed from several message boards for your antics

You have allowed yourself to be consumed with hate and rage

The only thing keeping you on any message board is your insane "patriot justification"

You spew profound amounts of government propaganda and claim its all justified by hiding behind your "Patriotism" yet you fail to back up anything you say with your own words.

You cut and paste right wing articles like no one has ever read the news and feel you are some kind of champion.

Your arguements are hollow, just like your head.

The only thing keeping you on any message board is your insane "patriot justification"

You spew profound amounts of government propaganda and claim its all justified by hiding behind your "Patriotism" yet you fail to back up anything you say with your own words.

You cut and paste right wing articles like no one has ever read the news and feel you are some kind of champion.

Your arguements are hollow, just like your head.

To libs government propaganda is the truth

Paul is a perfect example of the modern day angry white liberal

Libs to have a difficult time with facts and the truth

It like a foreign agent invading their body

We have problems with lies and propaganda, which you seem to have willingly empraced and allowed to invade your body.

Its so easy to do what youve been told isnt it?

Dont you love it when people pat you on the head when you repeat what you've memorized.

Good soldier. :thup:

We have problems with lies and propaganda, which you seem to have willingly empraced and allowed to invade your body.

Its so easy to do what youve been told isnt it?

Dont you love it when people pat you on the head when you repeat what you've memorized.

Good soldier. :thup:

What lies and propaganda?

That Pres Bush was responsible for 9-11? That the war was for oil? That the US is using nukes in Iraq?

All this and much more have come from the left?

On top of that, Motor Mouth Murtha has call Gen Petraeus a lier - that was his reason for the Dems skipping his last briefing

So much for Dems wanting to know what was going on in IOraq before the voted to surrender

What lies and propaganda?

That Pres Bush was responsible for 9-11? That the war was for oil? That the US is using nukes in Iraq?

All this and much more have come from the left?

On top of that, Motor Mouth Murtha has call Gen Petraeus a lier - that was his reason for the Dems skipping his last briefing

So much for Dems wanting to know what was going on in IOraq before the voted to surrender

Calling it a "Surrender Bill" is propaganda.

and its so good you dont see it as anything else.

Do you still believe in WMD's too?

Calling it a "Surrender Bill" is propaganda.

and its so good you dont see it as anything else.

Do you still believe in WMD's too?

It is a surender bill

Saddam had WMD's - even Dems said he did

Did all those Kurds die from the common cold

No comment on Murtha calling Petraeus a lier or Dems skipping his briefing?

Not surprised

It is a surender bill

Saddam had WMD's - even Dems said he did

Did all those Kurds die from the common cold

No comment on Murtha calling Petraeus a lier or Dems skipping his briefing?

Not surprised

You call it a surrender bill because thats what you have been told to call it. I dont think you are capable of the level of thought required to come up with something that clever on your own.

And we have had the WMD conversation as well, you "Cut and Posted" a bunch of quotes of Democrats saying "Someday Saddam will have weapons"

And I pointed out that maybe two of them actually believed he currently had the weapons.

The fear of a "future" attack is what the dems conceded to. not belief in WMD's.

The Kurds died because Saddam was doing what was necessary to keep the peace, I do not in any way condone it,

he used weapons AMERICA gave him, so in a way the US had a hand in killing the Kurds.

The only thing the people in the middle east and Iraq understand is absolute unquestionable power.

And we did not understand that.

Look at the good we've done in "freeing" Iraq.

All we need to resolve it is a Dictator loyal the the US.

Who is willing to rule as Saddam did to keep the peace. and bow down to the US.

Then everything will be hunkey dorey.

Forum List

Back