What Will Dems Do Now?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
So teh Democrats look to have suffered a major defeat. Almost everyone who supported Obamacare and the stimulus lost. The one Republican who lost to a Dem in the House was Joseph Cao, who not coincidentally was also the only Republican to vote for Obamacare.
So what will they do:
1) Blame everyone else and stay the course.
2) Make a major reshuffling of personnel and priorities to reflect better the centrist mood of the country.

My money is on 1).
The GOP faced this exact thing in '06. I said then that if they didnt take those results seriously and do a major house cleaning they could kiss 2008 good bye. They didnt And they did. Now the Dems are in the same boat.

Hunker down a bit. Wait for the impeachment and government shutdown...and watch President Obama win a second term.

So teh Democrats look to have suffered a major defeat. Almost everyone who supported Obamacare and the stimulus lost. The one Republican who lost to a Dem in the House was Joseph Cao, who not coincidentally was also the only Republican to vote for Obamacare.
So what will they do:
1) Blame everyone else and stay the course.
2) Make a major reshuffling of personnel and priorities to reflect better the centrist mood of the country.

My money is on 1).
The GOP faced this exact thing in '06. I said then that if they didnt take those results seriously and do a major house cleaning they could kiss 2008 good bye. They didnt And they did. Now the Dems are in the same boat.

This guy will be such a fake as a centrist, he was what he was branded pre '08 election, his ego is getting crushed tonight, he will get very little sleep over the coming months.....

If he veto's anything to deal with a Obamacare repeal he is toast in '12, which he probably is anyway......

Obama should go to the Republican Congress and say congratulations, you guys won running against the deficit and debt and fiscal irresponsibility - great -

now send me a balanced budget.

The Republicans better not mess up this time. Otherwise they will be swiftly booted out the door just like the Democrats are being boot out now.

Hunker down a bit. Wait for the impeachment and government shutdown...and watch President Obama win a second term.

actually, that's not too far from how it will go......
Perhaps if we had a Clinton as President...but Obama may need to first survive a 2012 primary.

I'll campaign for Hillary if she runs, and I'm not a democrat. I just think that scenario is too good to be true.

Obama should go to the Republican Congress and say congratulations, you guys won running against the deficit and debt and fiscal irresponsibility - great -

now send me a balanced budget.
And then he'll veto it.

Veto what?

Bush got rid of Paygo.

Obama tried to bring it back.

Uh, no.
Paygo is a Congressional thing. Bush was not in Congress. Pelosi and the Dums swore they would uphold Paygo. And they did. Right up until they didn't.

Forum List

Back