What will become of the Republican Party?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
If it is the intent of far-right conservatives to take over the party completely, then where will moderate Republicans fit into today's political landscape?

Conservatives Turn Against GOP Moderates In Effort To Achieve Policy Goals

Conservatives, some aligned with the tea party movement, hoped to begin realizing their vision of smaller government and of a reformed education system that would give parents more alternatives to traditional public schools. But some of their initiatives were scaled back by GOP colleagues to soften the impact on public schools and other public services.

Oklahoma Republican Gov. Mary Fallin's plan to begin phasing out the state income tax was blocked entirely, and Brownback and Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman had to settle for a fraction of the tax cuts they wanted.

Conservative leaders say they are determined to seize a historic opportunity. Primary elections and runoffs are continuing in key states through August. The results so far have been mixed, with the overall effect this year likely to be incremental.

Why does the left have to answer the games of the left? They frame it in this matter and question should be why can't liberals ever answer direct question of conservatism w/o going through long filabuster..to the point of wasted time but more importantly never answering direct and why is there postion and answer the reason why taxpayers foot the bill or to counter arguments to liberalism. Taxpayers are always held hostage to be tax more to support teachers, police, firefighters, etc. when taxpayers should be given competiion or other choices. Unions pigeon hole taxpayers every time and it's impossible for taxpayers to support more functions of gov't when in fact the gov't has a difficult time to balance their check books ...there's always the shrinking private sector and the drum beats of unions go on ..on how they have a right an entitlement to ask for these retirements when most private sector WHO SUPPORTS PUBLIC SECTOR BASED ON TAXATION.

• Banned
Why does the left have to answer the games of the left? They frame it in this matter and question should be why can't liberals ever answer direct question of conservatism w/o going through long filabuster..to the point of wasted time but more importantly never answering direct and why is there postion and answer the reason why taxpayers foot the bill or to counter arguments to liberalism. Taxpayers are always held hostage to be tax more to support teachers, police, firefighters, etc. when taxpayers should be given competiion or other choices. Unions pigeon hole taxpayers every time and it's impossible for taxpayers to support more functions of gov't when in fact the gov't has a difficult time to balance their chech books ...there's always the shrinking private sector and the drum beats of unions go on ..on how they have a right an entitlement to ask for these retirements when most private sector WHO SUPPORTS PUBLIC SECTOR BASED ON TAXATION.

That's a different thread. Feel free to start it.

If it is the intent of far-right conservatives to take over the party completely, then where will moderate Republicans fit into today's political landscape?

Conservatives, some aligned with the tea party movement, hoped to begin realizing their vision of smaller government and of a reformed education system that would give parents more alternatives to traditional public schools. But some of their initiatives were scaled back by GOP colleagues to soften the impact on public schools and other public services.

Oklahoma Republican Gov. Mary Fallin's plan to begin phasing out the state income tax was blocked entirely, and Brownback and Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman had to settle for a fraction of the tax cuts they wanted.

Conservative leaders say they are determined to seize a historic opportunity. Primary elections and runoffs are continuing in key states through August. The results so far have been mixed, with the overall effect this year likely to be incremental.

If Romney wins and the TEA party continues to gain influence the GOP rep will be damaged pretty badly.

It may be 20 years, but history's vision is near 20-20. GOP'ers fail to remember that, the fact is someday future generations will look back on their actions and...i don't think it'll be pretty.

I prefer to vote republican over democrat because, though I usually like dems overall, they always seem to thrust themselves into some damn, expensive "society betterment" plan. Not saying we don't need to improve upone society, but it needs to be down slowly and in a very bipartisan way. If you hit a roadblock, be patient, and start educating the public so that they may use their collective, almighty power and remove said roadblock.

OMG...HOW HORRIBLE

hoped to begin realizing their vision of smaller government and of a reformed education system that would give parents more alternatives to traditional public schools.

so that is going to hurt the Republican party somehow?

Hopefully the people can stop the infiltration of the Progressives-Commies from the Republican party as they have already taken over the Democrat party.

The Republican party is a useful tool for the masters.

It WILL be just fine over the long run, as will the DEMOCRATIC party..

Why does the left have to answer the games of the left? They frame it in this matter and question should be why can't liberals ever answer direct question of conservatism w/o going through long filabuster..to the point of wasted time but more importantly never answering direct and why is there postion and answer the reason why taxpayers foot the bill or to counter arguments to liberalism. Taxpayers are always held hostage to be tax more to support teachers, police, firefighters, etc. when taxpayers should be given competiion or other choices. Unions pigeon hole taxpayers every time and it's impossible for taxpayers to support more functions of gov't when in fact the gov't has a difficult time to balance their chech books ...there's always the shrinking private sector and the drum beats of unions go on ..on how they have a right an entitlement to ask for these retirements when most private sector WHO SUPPORTS PUBLIC SECTOR BASED ON TAXATION.

actually he did answer your OP, on a conceptual basis, I just don't think you have the where with all to properly frame and craft an answer to it.

please prove me wrong.

Mitt is going to win the General Election and the Republicans are going to not only retain the House Majority but possibly even claim the Senate majority.

So, what ever WILL "become" of the GOP?

I know, I'm devastated. :D

As the democrats slip further and further left into full blown communism, where are the moderate democrats going to go?

actually he did answer your OP, on a conceptual basis, I just don't think you have the where with all to properly frame and craft and answer to it.

please prove me wrong.
Please clarify the Clean Zone rules and tell me why this isn't an insult.

Thanks.
That's not an insult, it's just an accurate assessment of your debating skills.

The GOP doesn't have a lot of power in the state of California. It used to, but not anymore.

As an independant that leans conservative on financial and foreign policy issues I have no problem with what the republican party is doing. I would still vote for Republicans such as Scott Brown and Mitt Romney over their uber far left counterparts (so far left that in my opinion they want to fundamentally tranform what has made America great for generations) Elisabeth Warren and President Obama.

I may have picked 2 bad examples for the spirit of your thread as both Romney and Brown have shown the ability and willingness to compromise with the other side on a myriad of issues.

The GOP doesn't have a lot of power in the state of California. It used to, but not anymore.

They keep marginalizing themselves statewide but are strong in Orange and northern San Diego Counties.

As far as I know both parties hurt themselves equally. Less people are voting and seeing that neither has more voters than the other I don't think one party is shrinking faster than the other, but make no mistake both parties are shrinking.

actually he did answer your OP, on a conceptual basis, I just don't think you have the where with all to properly frame and craft an answer to it.

please prove me wrong.

I also am awaiting her response to this legit way to answer her OP.

As the democrats slip further and further left into full blown communism, where are the moderate democrats going to go?

They are doing the same thing with the moderates of their party like they have done to the Conservative Dem's of their party.
Conservative Dem's have left in droves and have gone independent. Moderates will do the same thing, leave and go independent.
The Dem's claim to be the party of inclusiveness and tolerance, right! Only if your views are far left.

Nothing.................It will march to the same drum as democrats.

Perhaps become independents. Some moderate liberals have gone independent after the democratic party has moved more left. IMO, it's awfully hard to claim that the democrat party hasn't moved further left with Obama, Pelosi and Reid and their actions with a super majority. So why is is a problem if the republican party does the same in the opposite direction to basically combat that?

Anyone notice liberals NEVER see or question anything wrong about the Democrat party?
they just walk in lockstep like good little sheep to everything their masters say, they can call them Freeloaders, Free riders, moochers (which they will eventually repeat, as we've seen it here) and they will run right out and vote for them again..

pretty sad

Pretty sad to use NEVER. Some of us are voting for Jill Stein.

Forum List

Back